Tsundere-sama [GxB][Romance, Otome, Comedy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Suika
Regular

Re: Tsundere-sama [Romance, Otome, Comedy, Free]

#61 Post by Suika »

I get super excited when you post updates to this \(^o^)////
I love the new style!

hiko27
Veteran
Projects: Tsundere-sama (working title)
Tumblr: crappyassdrawings
Deviantart: tsunderenyan
Discord: erikaaaa#6140

#62 Post by hiko27 »

Suika wrote:I get super excited when you post updates to this \(^o^)////
I love the new style!
And I'm always excited when someone posts about the updates, so thank you very much!!
Haha thank you, I'm surprised it was very noticeable, but it's probably just because I like the way that came out.
My art thread
links to portfolios

an otome game from a tsundere's pov

Xandra
Regular
Completed: Band Camp Boyfriend
Projects: Band Camp Boyfriend
Tumblr: http://lovebirdgames.tumblr.com/
itch: lovebird-games
Discord: xandra42

#63 Post by Xandra »

I LOVE the concept of this game and I'm really interested to see how it all unfolds! I'm especially excited for the tsun x tsun route. Please stick with this!

1. What type of tsundere would you prefer? Describe or give an example if you can (include the name/series in case I don't know it). Are you fine with tsunderes who get violent, or just tsun?
I lean toward "Type A" because that just seems like it'd be the most fun. But I think so long as the MC's characterization is consistent and suits the overall tone of the story, she'll be great. I like her design! She's very pretty and definitely gives off that 'tsun' vibe. xD

2. What do you feel about protagonists who only fully develop and grow as a person just in their love story, as opposed to having outside influences (ie friends, or just non-romantic events that build the character)?
I don't have a problem with that. I think if outside influences naturally come up while you're writing the story, then great. If not, there's no need to force it. There's nothing wrong with having a more focused story.

3. Comment on characters so far? Any Mary Sue/Marty Stu's? Let me know.
No, my mary/gary stu radar did not go off, and I think if you're aware of potential mary sue problems you're going to be just fine. I'm liking both girls' personalities/designs! I'm really interested to see the guys next! :)

4. Any questions about the game so far? Having questions thrown at me about characters and the gameplay would help me look at every part of the game, and see if there are any holes in them.
None at the moment as it looks like the questions I had were answered earlier in the thread. I'll definitely be checking this page for updates from time to time. Good luck!!

hiko27
Veteran

#64 Post by hiko27 »

Xandra wrote:I LOVE the concept of this game and I'm really interested to see how it all unfolds! I'm especially excited for the tsun x tsun route. Please stick with this!

1. What type of tsundere would you prefer? Describe or give an example if you can (include the name/series in case I don't know it). Are you fine with tsunderes who get violent, or just tsun?
I lean toward "Type A" because that just seems like it'd be the most fun. But I think so long as the MC's characterization is consistent and suits the overall tone of the story, she'll be great. I like her design! She's very pretty and definitely gives off that 'tsun' vibe. xD

2. What do you feel about protagonists who only fully develop and grow as a person just in their love story, as opposed to having outside influences (ie friends, or just non-romantic events that build the character)?
I don't have a problem with that. I think if outside influences naturally come up while you're writing the story, then great. If not, there's no need to force it. There's nothing wrong with having a more focused story.

3. Comment on characters so far? Any Mary Sue/Marty Stu's? Let me know.
No, my mary/gary stu radar did not go off, and I think if you're aware of potential mary sue problems you're going to be just fine. I'm liking both girls' personalities/designs! I'm really interested to see the guys next! :)

4. Any questions about the game so far? Having questions thrown at me about characters and the gameplay would help me look at every part of the game, and see if there are any holes in them.
None at the moment as it looks like the questions I had were answered earlier in the thread. I'll definitely be checking this page for updates from time to time. Good luck!!
HOLY CRAP I FORGOT TO REPLY TO THIS! This reply is two or three months late, so I sincerely apologize for that ><

Thank you for the response btw! Let me try and reply to this as much as I can.
1. Gotcha about the consistency, I'll hopefully be able to deliver on that. And thank you!

2. I think the reason why I put this question up is because in most otome games, there's always the bestfriend/confidante role, and this person feels more like a plot tool (sometimes to check up on the guys' affections even), and that makes me a little sad because who wouldn't want to have a bestfriend to gush about stuff with, or just someone to relate to that's of the same sex/gender? I think for this, instead of focusing on the romance and just seeing if the friendship falls into place, it might be the opposite. Like Suika said earlier, friendship hits home for most people, which is why it's more relatable. I might just do the whole "the MC is just trying to improve herself, and trying to make friends, and it just so happens that one of these guys happen to like her for who she is, warts and all." I feel that sends a more positive message wherein it's okay to not have a boyfriend by the end of the game, you're still your awesome self. But idk, I'm still playing with that idea, and I'll have to see if I can let both of these go together seamlessly.

3. Thank you! I'm so used to drawing girls, so tbh, I'm sorta nervous about drawing the guys but as of right now, I'm actually discussing the whole game, and the guys with a friend of mine. So hopefully, I'll have more stuff to post about them later on :D

UPDATE: The whole hime/kuu/dan kind of thing might be removed, because now that I look at it, it feels like I'm trying to cram so many deres into one game. Though I might use the idea (one guy liking a certain type of dere) for a different game. Maybe for Kaoru lol
MC-redo1.png
MC's design is being redone as well. Since I'm removing the whole hime/kuu/dan thing, I had to change her design as well to make it seem less hime. Title is still the same, I do have an idea on how to make it work.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Suika
Regular

#65 Post by Suika »

hiko27 wrote: UPDATE: The whole hime/kuu/dan kind of thing might be removed, because now that I look at it, it feels like I'm trying to cram so many deres into one game. Though I might use the idea (one guy liking a certain type of dere) for a different game. Maybe for Kaoru lol
Reducing the scope might not be a bad thing. In any case I'm here for Tsun Squared!
hiko27 wrote: MC's design is being redone as well. Since I'm removing the whole hime/kuu/dan thing, I had to change her design as well to make it seem less hime. Title is still the same, I do have an idea on how to make it work.
Aww :'( I really liked the idea of having the hime look with a tsundere attitude. The new sketch looks good though ^.^

hiko27
Veteran

#66 Post by hiko27 »

Suika wrote:
hiko27 wrote: UPDATE: The whole hime/kuu/dan kind of thing might be removed, because now that I look at it, it feels like I'm trying to cram so many deres into one game. Though I might use the idea (one guy liking a certain type of dere) for a different game. Maybe for Kaoru lol
Reducing the scope might not be a bad thing. In any case I'm here for Tsun Squared!
hiko27 wrote: MC's design is being redone as well. Since I'm removing the whole hime/kuu/dan thing, I had to change her design as well to make it seem less hime. Title is still the same, I do have an idea on how to make it work.
Aww :'( I really liked the idea of having the hime look with a tsundere attitude. The new sketch looks good though ^.^
It's mostly because now that I had the time to plan out how each tsun combo was gonna play out, it kind of made it hard. It's probably just me, but I didn't know how to make a dandere more tsun with it being obvious she's both. I may put it back there again once I've managed to figure it out, but for now, let's say I'm removing it. TSUN SQUARED FTW!

As for the design, same. I love hime hairstyles, I kid you not. I always seem to draw girls with hime hairstyles so I might do two different looks to the MC, just cause the hime is my personal fave lol.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#67 Post by hiko27 »

UPDATE: Okay, Suika has indirectly convinced me. Default would be the hime hairstyle, but because I already have the other hairstyle in there, I figured I might as well keep it in case I ever needed it (aka I'm hoarding layers rn).
sai_2017-08-02_15-38-39.png
My art thread
links to portfolios

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

#68 Post by skyeworks »

hiko27 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:40 pm UPDATE: Okay, Suika has indirectly convinced me. Default would be the hime hairstyle, but because I already have the other hairstyle in there, I figured I might as well keep it in case I ever needed it (aka I'm hoarding layers rn).

sai_2017-08-02_15-38-39.png
YES! (Sorry I too, liked the Hime style) Can't wait to play the game!

Suika
Regular

#69 Post by Suika »

hiko27 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:40 pm UPDATE: Okay, Suika has indirectly convinced me. Default would be the hime hairstyle, but because I already have the other hairstyle in there, I figured I might as well keep it in case I ever needed it (aka I'm hoarding layers rn).
Yay!! :P
skyeworks wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:48 pm YES! (Sorry I too, liked the Hime style) Can't wait to play the game!
Hime allies! >:)

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

#70 Post by skyeworks »

Suika wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:47 pm
Yay!! :P
skyeworks wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:48 pm YES! (Sorry I too, liked the Hime style) Can't wait to play the game!
Hime allies! >:)
YAY HIME ALLIES!

THANK YOU FOR CONVINCING HER! Hime is best~!

hiko27
Veteran

Re: Tsundere-sama [GxB][Romance, Otome, Comedy, Free]

#71 Post by hiko27 »

inc1.png
I'VE COME BACK FROM THE DEAD AFTER TWO YEARS! Sorry about that, I've been busy with school, and I've somehow become a translator again. But I'm slowly working on the game, and someone opted to help me with the writing. The only update I can give right now is she has eyes! And her hair looks better! But aside from that, not much. I'll try and work on this as much as I can.

(Does this count as necro-ing a thread?)

Edit: NVM. I finished the sprite!
Unedited version (lighter)
Unedited version (lighter)
Edited version (darker)
Edited version (darker)
Also, seeing as Kaoru's sprite is a little... off, I'll be redesigning her. Any suggestions for hairstyle, feel free! BUT SHE'LL STILL HAVE PINK HAIR.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Miss Skizzors
Regular

#72 Post by Miss Skizzors »

Glad to see you're back with this! It's been 3 years since I first commented here, but thought you should know I'm still following this and checking for updates when I do get on LSF. I don't have any true feedback to give, other than to say that I like this month's update, so absolutely keep it up!

Also, I highly doubt reviving your own thread to update a project counts as necroing! Haha.

hiko27
Veteran

#73 Post by hiko27 »

Miss Skizzors wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:53 pm Glad to see you're back with this! It's been 3 years since I first commented here, but thought you should know I'm still following this and checking for updates when I do get on LSF. I don't have any true feedback to give, other than to say that I like this month's update, so absolutely keep it up!

Also, I highly doubt reviving your own thread to update a project counts as necroing! Haha.
Hey there! And glad to hear, that makes me really happy some people are still keeping up with this lmao. Sorry for disappearing for so long though xD
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#74 Post by hiko27 »

Update:
kaoru inc-1.png
It's summer for me now, so I have more time. I've decided to revamp Kaoru's sprite since ya know, it looks so different from the new sprite for the MC, and I didnt have the SAI file for the previous one anymore... Lmk what you think of her new hairstyle! Tried to keep it looking wild, but more restrained lol
My art thread
links to portfolios

Wudgeous
Regular
Tumblr: herotome
itch: wudgeous

#75 Post by Wudgeous »

Hi! I've been lurking for a hot minute and noticed a questionnaire at the end of the OP. Idk if this will be useful, but here's the feedback I have to offer!

1. Features! Suggestions? How do you feel about having a dress up feature? Or maybe you have a feature idea that would go great with this game!
I don't think a dress-up game is crucial to the game experience -- especially if most of the setting takes place in high school, where students wear uniforms. Having a dere/tsun meter (as I think you mentioned before) already sounds like a blast. Maybe the love interests could even be rivalmanced, a la Dragon Age 2?
(If you've never played it: DA2 introduces a system where you can earn a character's approval -- and eventually their love... Or, alternatively, you could do everything in your power to oppose that same character's ideals, earning their scorn and begrudging respect).

2. Opinions on a violent tsundere. Do you want to play a violent tsundere who always hits the love interest, or just verbally tsun?
I would say no to a violent protagonist. I understand that exaggerated violence is a common trope in high school anime,but:
  • A) If the game is literally from the player character's first person POV (as with most ren'py VNs), it might not be obvious what is happening. Plus...

Code: Select all

"I hit him." with screenshake
    is pretty underwhelming hahahaha.
  • B) Tsun behaviors (especially violent ones) can potentially cross into abuse, even if it's done for comedic effect. This list could be good to cross-reference if you're unsure!
Perhaps one of the boys is a masochist, and pursues the tsun!MC in hopes of getting hit? And when she refuses to hurt him and expresses that it's morally wrong... it impresses him, because every other tsun he's met has been willing to give him a smack. (¬‿¬) lmao

3. Preference on platform: PC or mobile?
PC makes more sense to me! Although I do love mobile games very much... I'll be happy to play it either way, but I'm under the impression that PC will be easier to program. And it should be more accessible on PC, as I believe mobile games need to make apps for apple and android devices separately... and each device's store has its own hoops you need to jump through.

4. Comment on characters so far? Any Mary Sue/Marty Stu's? Let me know.
Not enough information to comment on Mary Sue levels, but I love the girls' designs and the idea behind them. I also love that there's an element of friendship here. :)
Some advice, please make sure the girls talk to each other about other things! Not about just dating/wooing boys.

5. Any questions about the game so far? Having questions thrown at me about characters and the gameplay would help me look at every part of the game, and see if there are any holes in them (I also enjoy talking about and answering questions about the game lol).
When is the first demo gonna be done? :D
If y'all need anymore feedback or assistance with character development, I'm eager to offer it. Let me know if I've said anything unclear!
Have confidence. Let go of perfectionism. I love you!
A superhero dating sim in fresh hot development!

You can also keep up with me on Twitter and Itch!