WARNING! My Twitter account is compromised! (SOLVED!)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

WARNING! My Twitter account is compromised! (SOLVED!)

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

Good day everyone, I know this might be a bit sudden and to some degree might not comply with the forum rules but I can't think of a better way to warn my followers and friends on Twitter that my @oelvn account has been compromised, change to a totally different name and is now at the point where it can no longer be recovered nor Twitter can help.

My @oelvn Twitter account is a very active account with lot's of background PM chatter and is very dear to me since I've been using it since 2011 and I am worried that others might end up being compromised as well and I advise to unfollow my former @oelvn Twitter account that has been edited to @maxyogugif just to be safe
https://studiomugenjohncel.wordpress.c ... y-capacit/

I made an emergency blog post detailing what happened. For now, I made an emergency Twitter account at https://twitter.com/unclemugen so please follow it instead and spread the word so I can minimize the amount of potential damage.

My sincerest apologies, I should have been more careful about this thing.

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: WARNING! My Twitter account is compromised! (SOLVED!)

#2 Post by mugenjohncel »

BEST DAY! After talking back and forth to Twitter and elevated my response by sending a TON of evidence I gathered for several days. They finally snagged my account back from the hackers so @oelvn is now back where it belongs... home! I am now elevating it's security via two step verification including the email associated with it!!!

Thank you Twitter!!! :D

"POOF" (Disappears)

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: WARNING! My Twitter account is compromised! (SOLVED!)

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

If it wasn't for that "POOF" I would have assumed this account was compromised too :)
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter