Genie, Western Suspense VN [Traditional Art][Pseudo-Victorian][Black & White][Short]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Alem
Regular

Genie, Western Suspense VN [Traditional Art][Pseudo-Victorian][Black & White][Short]

#1 Post by Alem »

Whew, X3 Brothers first project Genie is ready and available via Steam and itch.io

You will experience the story through the eyes of Jack Mason, the young detective in a small town near the N sea. Facing hardships of being among the shunned color blind minority - the Squints, he tries his best to focus on the brighter things in life. Winning respect from the true-born Imperials by skill and dedication, Jack plans out his future with his loved one. Yet everything changes, then an eerie murder smashes the tranquil atmosphere in town.

Genie’s story has a special place between horror, suspense and detective genres mixing elements from all three of them and spicing them up with human relationships. The main focus goes with suspense/thriller theme. The story tries to catch the swirl of emotions wherever you play hide and seek with a murderous maniac or in a less dramatic situation.

Main Features:
  • A non-linear storyline with several endings that depend on your choices.
  • Brush and pencil - traditional art gives the story a unique look.
  • Personal reading experience - choose your an appropriate font from more stylish to classic variations.

I would like to see what fellow game creators will say about our first project :) Also, big thanks to active Renpy community members for helping with coding and debugging!

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Genie, Western Suspense VN [Traditional Art][Pseudo-Victorian][Black & White][Short]

#2 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I want to play this just to look at the artwork!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Genie, Western Suspense VN [Traditional Art][Pseudo-Victorian][Black & White][Short]

#3 Post by Zelan »

I agree with Lesleigh, the art is beautiful. I also like how you tied the fact that the art is black and white into the fact that the player character is colorblind - great union of the art and story aspects of the game.