Looking for a native ENG Proof Reader

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Frullo
Organization: Nativi Digitali Edizioni

Looking for a native ENG Proof Reader

#1 Post by Frullo »

'Sup. We are a small italian team which is developing a Comedy VN about the troubled life of a young wannabe writer and his struggles. Though this is our first VN, we have a steady business in the italian publishing market. For reference, http://www.natividigitaliedizioni.it/ (Duh, I still have to translate it :) ).
The italian text, art and programming is almost done, we are currently working towards a demo version and, of course, the english translation.
While I'll be in charge of the first draft of the translation to english, I'm well aware that the quality will not be top-notch for a commercial product. So, yeah, we'll need a proof reader and we are willing to pay a fair price for the service.

TO APPLY, YOU:

- Must be either a native english speaker (preferred) or highly proficient in english
- Must have some experience in proof reading (not necessarily for visual novels, though that would be a pro)
- Must have a good sense of humor since the genre of the VN is mostly comedy with some slight drama (almost no romance), full of jokes and witty dialogue
- Must be a professional, we are a company based in Italy so we'll need an invoice.
- The text will be provided in Ren'py "language" and expected to be output in the same form, so familiarity with Ren'py "code" is a bonus
- Due to the setting and themes of the VN, It would be nice, though not essential, if you are a writer and/or know something about the messy world of publishing (there will be parodies and jokes about it in the story).
- Though there are no sex scenes or explicit violence depicted, you shouldn't be bothered by adult language and themes.

ABOUT THE JOB:

- The text provided will come from a traslation from the edited italian script so we won't need another editing on things like plot and characters, so you should just focus on proof-reading and eventually some comments on the style/vocabulary.
- The job will be divided in a first part of around 10-15k words for the demo release, which will be quite urgent (the text will be provided at the beginning of october and must be corrected before the end of november at the latest), and the second part of 60-80k words for which the timing will be more flexible. The first payment will cover the first part, after which, if we are satistified with the work, we will negotiate the second part.
- Rates will be per word and discussed privately.

Please apply with a cv and/or some references to my email marco@natividigitaliedizioni.it, if something isn't clear feel free to ask me here or in private.

BlackFlameExplosion
Projects: The Legend Of Ocelia.
Organization: Infinity Stories

Re: Looking for a native ENG Proof Reader

#2 Post by BlackFlameExplosion »

Email sent. :)

Frullo
Organization: Nativi Digitali Edizioni

Re: Looking for a native ENG Proof Reader

#3 Post by Frullo »

We've good a lot of proper applications, thanks to everybody.
We have found the right person, I would like if possible to keep the thread open in case we happen to need other proof readers or different roles in the near future, which is a possibility.