I dunno how to update the game!

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
BKFeng

I dunno how to update the game!

#1 Post by BKFeng »

I already made the first version of my game...
first version:just change the icon and presplash but the story line remains default(which is Eileen speaking)
Then I made a. New version of it:
I started making the story, but when I export the apk(App) and play(update) it in my phone but it remains the same as old version. However,i can play the real version in android debug part... I really need someone to help me on this.
In a nutshell:
I can't update my game app in android but it runs normally in the debug on android! Put on and every one please help me!!!

I may not be able to update my game in the future.... Need Help! :(

TheChatotMaestro
Regular
Deviantart: LedianWithACamera

Re: I dunno how to update the game!

#2 Post by TheChatotMaestro »

Are you sure you've properly reexported the game and coded it so the new things happen?

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

How did you install the update on your phone? Did you copy the .apk over manually? If so, you are positive you didn't accidentally copy the old export over?

When exporting your game, it is a good idea to immediately go and edit your script and configuration, to bump the "version" by an amount (I use 0.01 for minor changes, 0.1 for large changes and 1 for major changes)
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

BKFeng

#4 Post by BKFeng »

TheChatotMaestro wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:24 pm Are you sure you've properly reexported the game and coded it so the new things happen?
The way I reexport is as follows:
1)reinstall(whatever it is called) the sdk(the first button of the android section
2)configure, I never change the version number (even if I change it to 1.0.1(originally 1.0)
3)export. I cannot find the exported file... Meaning I was just located to the rapt/bin but I can't fine my game's name which should be CatzAdventurers1. 0.1.apk(sth like that) there is just unsigned apk of 1.0.1which can't be downloaded into the phone.

Secondly I am very very sure I made changed in code(as it can be tested in PC)
Which I added:
Bgm in main menu
More stories

But what did appear is just the old version(in phone)

If there is no way to the solution kindly reply me the way how u do to export. If really can't it should be my game/engine problem ,then u are welcomed to email me the engine u r using to export your game successfully at crazyhorsebeh@gmail.com

BKFeng

#5 Post by BKFeng »

Imperf3kt wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 pm How did you install the update on your phone? Did you copy the .apk over manually? If so, you are positive you didn't accidentally copy the old export over?

When exporting your game, it is a good idea to immediately go and edit your script and configuration, to bump the "version" by an amount (I use 0.01 for minor changes, 0.1 for large changes and 1 for major changes)
I just installed it by copying the file to my phone through a USB drive I did change the version code but when I exported the new version of my game(by adding 0.1) I can't find the all in rapt/bin. I only saw the unsigned apk,which can't be installed and run

If there is no way to the solution kindly reply me the way how u do to export. If really can't it should be my game/engine problem ,then u are welcomed to email me the engine u r using to export your game successfully at crazyhorsebeh@gmail.com

TheChatotMaestro
Regular
Deviantart: LedianWithACamera

#6 Post by TheChatotMaestro »

Try using 'build distributions'?