Where would I put my Developement Thread? General or Adult?

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Steam Bunny
Projects: INHABIT
Tumblr: steam-bunny
Deviantart: steam-bunny

Where would I put my Developement Thread? General or Adult?

#1 Post by Steam Bunny »

I'm working on an Otome game at the moment, and I'm not too sure where I should be posting the thread for it. The game will have 18+ content, however, such content will be optional and set to off by default, and I won't be posting any explicit content here in relation to it. It is incredibly infrequent and for sure not the entire basis of the plot, rather supplementing it.

Would I be able to post this in the general creator's area, or should it go to the adult area? Outside of the adult content, it's most likely only pg-13 or something similar.

I apologize if someone has already asked this before, I just thought it might be good to get clarification on my specific situation, instead of assuming one way or the other and posting in the wrong section ^-^;

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Where would I put my Developement Thread? General or Adult?

#2 Post by Zelan »

This is the official forum rules regarding adult games:
PyTom wrote:12.) Adult Content
Threads containing adult content must be placed in the adult sections of the forum. Any adult content posted should be in service of creating a visual novels and story-based games with artistic or literary merit.

a) Adult content includes - but is not limited to - explicit sexual activity, depictions of sexual nudity, and extreme gore. The forum administration may enforce an expanded definition that matches their sense of what adult content is. Censored depictions of adult content remain adult content.

b) This restriction is applied to the content of the threads, rather than the content of the game under discussion. We allow the discussion of an adult game in a non-adult thread, as long as the discussion itself remains non-adult. Direct links to adult downloads or images should be placed in the adult section.

c) Adult games must have an adult thread before any non-adult threads are created. This is to provide the forum administration with a place to move adult posts to.
Rule B is the one that specifically applies to your question, so I've bolded it. c:

Steam Bunny
Projects: INHABIT
Tumblr: steam-bunny
Deviantart: steam-bunny

#3 Post by Steam Bunny »

Oh gosh I feel so stupid now, thank you so much!

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#4 Post by Imperf3kt »

Make sure to follow rule c too!
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Steam Bunny wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:54 pm Oh gosh I feel so stupid now, thank you so much!
You're fine! c: It takes more time than you would think to find the rules thread, haha. It's in the General Discussion subforum if you're looking for it later.

And what Imperf3kt said is important, too, although you can pretty much just use the same updates for both threads if you don't plan on ever showing the 18+ material during development. c: