S.I.N [GxB Cyberpunk Thriller] Programming has begun

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
HimeNaya
Regular
Projects: S.I.N
Deviantart: himenaya
itch: himenaya

September Newsletter

#16 Post by HimeNaya »

September Newsletter for S.I.N The Visual Novel went out today!
If you want to join the newsletter signup at our site!
http://sinthevisualnovel.weebly.com/

September Newsletter can be read here: http://mailchi.mp/818e20999454/sins-sep ... 0-complete

LeonDaydreamer
Veteran
Projects: A Near Dawn, Put A Sock In It!, Ghosts Are Good Hosts

Re: S.I.N [GxB] [Scifi/Horror/JRPG] Commercial

#17 Post by LeonDaydreamer »

I think I mentioned this before, but the character artwork is promising - I really like this design for Adeline's outfit (and not just because it's a bikini):
HimeNaya wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:59 pmImage
I guess it's another outfit she wears in the game (as opposed it being made for PR purposes)?
ImageImageImageImage

HimeNaya
Regular

Re: S.I.N [GxB] [Scifi/Horror/JRPG] Commercial

#18 Post by HimeNaya »

LeonDaydreamer wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 am I think I mentioned this before, but the character artwork is promising - I really like this design for Adeline's outfit (and not just because it's a bikini):
HimeNaya wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:59 pmImage
I guess it's another outfit she wears in the game (as opposed it being made for PR purposes)?
Thanks so much! Character art is definitely the most tedious in my opinion because that art will be repetitive throughout the whole game. As for her outfit, yes, this one won't be revealed until the Demo release. Mainly because the outfit is merely a side outfit. She won't be in it long, Which is why we just decided to advertise her with her "Main" outfit for her character image. Gives people an idea of what to look for and when she does get new outfits it's a nice surprise for the player, lol. :D

HimeNaya
Regular

UPDATE 10/2

#19 Post by HimeNaya »

Sage's character design is complete!

More outfits available in the demo,but this will be the key outfit for Sage.

HimeNaya
Regular

SCRIPT SAMPLE

#20 Post by HimeNaya »

Here is a small sample of dialogue from our current Demo script!

HimeNaya
Regular

Hiatus Over

#21 Post by HimeNaya »

After a long Hiatus, I'm back to doing what I love. <3

HimeNaya
Regular

Demo Script is Complete!

#22 Post by HimeNaya »

Long time, no update!
Hello everyone! No worries, this project is not dead! I apologize for the lack of updates, life has been rough, but it isn’t going to stop this game from being created!

WHY HAVE YOU BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG?
Long story short and with minimal drama mentioned, I had to face the death of my marriage only months after giving birth to my second son. Yes it was hard, yes it took me time and therapy to help myself through it all. I had to become financially secure for my children so I was focused on my full time job and my babies. No time for drawing.

But now I have healed. I am back to doing what I love. I am back to see my vision of this game come to life! And my support system has grown enormously, so to all of you who are still watching updates on this game and even reading this, thank you. I appreciate every single one of you.

SO WHERE ARE WE AT?
DEMO SCRIPT: COMPLETE!!!!!

I officially finished the script last week and it is being scrutinized and picked apart by some of my best proof readers! Demo game play is estimated to be a little over an hour long, but we will have a more concrete understanding in the future and will keep all of you updated.

Demo Script Stats:
Pages: 147
Words: 37883
Estimated GamePlay (Demo Only) : 1hr 30mins

TEAM ENLARGEMENT:
I have officially signed on two proofreaders/ beta testers to the team and a professional musician! It’s getting real and the cogs are turning on this project with some serious deadlines.

WHAT’S NEXT?
Art, art, art and some more art!

WHEN ARE WE GONNA SEE A DEMO & KICKSTARTER?
The Goal is Demo Release on Memorial Weekend of 2019 and then the Kickstarter page will open up 2 weeks from that. (This is the latest we want to release the Demo. If it gets done sooner, which we are trying to do. Then the release date will be updated to a sooner date.)

UPDATES:
I’ll be posting screenshots of artwork/coding & any other details weekly now at this point. Please keep an eye out and I’ll be posting more next week! Thanks everyone! ​

HimeNaya

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: S.I.N [GxB] [Cyberpunk/Horror/RPG][UPDATE: Demo Script Complete!]

#23 Post by Zelan »

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough time! But I'm proud of your for continuing to move forward. c: Congratulations on finishing the demo script! Looking forward to reading it.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by philip »

@HimeNaya-

Sorry that you have had so many problems with this . . . . What you have shown is very well done and attractive, and I will look forward (impatiently) to the demo!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

HimeNaya
Regular

#25 Post by HimeNaya »

Zelan wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:08 pm I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough time! But I'm proud of your for continuing to move forward. c: Congratulations on finishing the demo script! Looking forward to reading it.
Thank you so much :) I'm working my hardest to get this game to come to life. I'm currently focused on BG art right now and I'm really slow at it because I'm always double checking my perspective. lol but after I knock out a few I know it'll get easier :) Thank you for your kind comment! :)

HimeNaya
Regular

#26 Post by HimeNaya »

philip wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:17 am @HimeNaya-

Sorry that you have had so many problems with this . . . . What you have shown is very well done and attractive, and I will look forward (impatiently) to the demo!

philip
Thank you so much! I'm happy it looks promising. :) I'm working double time now on the art and see the pieces falling into place. It's exciting! :)

HimeNaya
Regular

Re: S.I.N [GxB] [Cyberpunk/Horror/RPG][8.16 UPDATE: Background Art In Progress]

#27 Post by HimeNaya »

Good morning everyone!
I wanted to stop on by and post another update. The team has been working hard on
​the demo and we see it coming to life slowly, but surely!

SCRIPT
​One of the proofreaders have done the first read through and it was taken very positively. (Yay!) She’s offered a lot of insight on some minor edits and tweaks. She is currently working through her second read where any spelling and grammatical errors will be spotted and corrected. I have a handful of other proofreaders that will be contributing to the project as well and they will be receiving the script file this weekend. So we will have plenty of eyes looking over the script.

MUSIC
I have a meeting this weekend with our hired musician to iron out the final details to how many tracks will be needed in the Demo release. Right now was are looking at about 5-8 tracks for the demo and 1 track for opening video/trailer.

ART
As for myself, background art is what I’ve been up to. (Not my strongest element in all honesty.) I would love to hire a background artist for the game, but until I know I can get funding with the kickstarter, I will have to create the backgrounds myself because of the budget right now. Here are some work in progress shots of one of the many backgrounds I’ve been working on.

When your kids want to play outside but you have to draw. You improvise, lol.

Thanks for looking guys! And we plan to have another update towards the end of the month. Take care!

Hime Naya

HimeNaya
Regular

Re: S.I.N [GxB] [Cyberpunk/Horror/RPG][8.24 UPDATE: Background Art/Coding In Progress]

#28 Post by HimeNaya »

Good morning everyone,
Just wanted to give a quick update, as promised. :)

BG art is still in full swing and we aren't stopping anytime soon! Here some quick screenshots of one of the current BGs being worked on.

Coding has also begun! And whew, it's been fun! (<---Insert sarcasm) lol, but it's coming together. The RPG system has a lot of kinks still, but little at a time we are solving all our issues. As for the story part of the VN, the program is going smoothly. GUI, buttons and text still needs to be altered, but below kind of shows an example of the raw state the game is at right now.

I'll be posting another update next week! :) Thanks guys!

HimeNaya

HimeNaya
Regular

Re: S.I.N [GxB] [Cyberpunk/Horror/RPG][8.24 UPDATE: Background Art/Coding In Progress]

#29 Post by HimeNaya »

Update 9.2

Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop on by and give a quick update.

Music production has begun and we are starting to filter through the most recent samples.

Coding has gone smoothly and this week we should be starting to code the first set of image maps in the game demo. (That will take some time, lol)

BG art is still in progress and I've attached a few shots of work in progress images for people to see the progression.

Thanks for looking , guys! :)

HimeNaya
Regular

Re: S.I.N [GxB Dystopian Cyberpunk Thriller] Art Assets Begin

#30 Post by HimeNaya »

Development has kicked off once more as the final demo script is going through it's last read through. The scenes are set and assets have been listed. So what is the next step?

Art, art, and more art. This will be the biggest hurdle besides the RPG programming. So as our artist begins work on all the assets, we will showcase little sneak peaks of art as it is developed. So keep your eyes out for all the artwork coming your way!

​Below is a taste of what is to come.