Favourite Final Fantasy?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Laluune
Regular

Re: Favourite Final Fantasy?

#46 Post by Laluune »

So FFVII is getting a remake, what are people's feelings? OMG excitment or don't ruin my childhood? I'm in the I'll totally play it boat but would like them to bring something else to the title, though I wouldn't want them to mess with the storyline.

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#47 Post by sendo »

Laluune wrote:what are people's feelings?

Do you even have to ask? lol

I want them to keep the turn-based gameplay. Many gamers nowadays, especially the younger ones, would probably prefer action-based gameplay. I'd love to have multiple battle systems. I imagine the final battle between Cloud and Sephiroth would be amazing in a FFXV type of gameplay, or the epic battles against Weapons, man those would be awesome! I have so many speculations running through my head lol I guess I'm just too excited!

I'm curious how they would implement random battles, if at all. Having the enemies visible on the field so I can choose to avoid or engage them would be great, I think. One thing that would probably a good addition if they keep the turn-based battle system is to streamline the whole battling process — implement skip summoning/casting sequence, make animations fast-paced, overall making the whole battling experience fast-paced so you're not spending 50 hours in one random battle.

I hope they don't change the soundtrack though! I mean, you know you have an amazing game if you listen 1 second of a soundtrack and you already know what game it is from!

But man, what really excites me is reliving the experience in glorious HD. Memories of the 13 yr old me flashed back when I watched the video. I can't wait to roam around the slums of Midgar (I wonder if they'll keep the Honey Bee Inn, can't wait for the crossdressing scenes!). I love the atmosphere seen in the announcement video. I know that it is a prerendered CGI, but given the realtime gameplay footage they're showing with FFXV, I can safely assume that the remake will feature a seamless, massive and gorgeous open-world. That said, I'm expecting the remake to scale the world up as well, so that towns are not just a few houses (Rocket Town was one rocket and 5 houses IIRC). You know what, I could go on and on about what I'd love to see in the remake, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see! It's not going to be out anytime soon, so I'll have ample time to prepare my heart for the epic to come (and draw fanart in the meantime! :D)

(I hope the remake turns into a massive success, so we'll have a remake of FFVI and FFIX, I can then rest in peace lol)
Finished VNs:
Image Image

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#48 Post by SundownKid »

I still have never beat FFVII, so I don't mind at all. This remake will be the first time that I would play it to completion. I just hope they don't stay too close to the original, I'm not a random battle fan and the battles might be too simplistic these days. I'm fine with them still being turn based, but they should at least be pizazzed up a bit.

One thing that I really like is that it will actually be a Squaresoft game in next gen. As in, not the convoluted new Final Fantasies, but a classic Squaresoft game given the super graphics treatment. That's the best of both worlds, really.

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#49 Post by CrimsonMoon »

Meh, I would have been excited if there's a (better) remake of FFVIII or IX. There's just too many stories about FFVII. Give the other FFs chances, lol.
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

Jate
Regular
Deviantart: Jate8D

#50 Post by Jate »

Top 5:
1. VI
2. X
3. Tactics
4. XIII
5. V

LadyNafiael
Deviantart: LadyNafiael

#51 Post by LadyNafiael »

XI, Xii, X, X-2, V, Vi, Vii, Viii, IX i really love final fantasy, Xiiii 8)

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#52 Post by Sonomi »

My favorite Final Fantasy game is Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube. Adventuring with a group of 3 was fun. There was always so much to do and I love collaborative games where everyone has an important role in the team. I enjoyed collecting gil when we went dungeon crawling, so I was the resident atm of sorts whenever someone needed to buy armor or something. Another person kept healing items and designs (think that's what they were called), while the third usually held onto the raw materials needed to craft things. A mini economy we had, and hours of entertainment. Echoes of Time was a nice mobile version, but sequels rarely match the magic of the first. I still liked that one though. Wifi co-op was great while it lasted.

FFVII is interesting, I suppose, but I've yet to actually finish that one (so long). I would add FFX to the list if the main character had been anyone other than Tidus...honestly, I would much prefer playing Wakka or Lulu's POV. Protagonists can be hit or miss at times.

Tirass
Projects: The Sacred Mountain
Tumblr: tirassart
Deviantart: tirass

#53 Post by Tirass »

Oh, I really love Final Fantasy IV for Nintendo DS

Nyankar
Projects: Primer Fantasia
Organization: TTTiGR3 Estudios AR

#54 Post by Nyankar »

Final Fantasy VIII and X
Graphic designs

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#55 Post by Evy »

Tactics, hands down. XIV is also great.

I've played XII, XIII and a bit of X and watched people play through parts of VII, VIII, IX and X-2. None of them really grabbed me, and I guess some really overzealous fans kind of soured the series as a whole for me.

To be honest... I prefer Bravely Default umu

SKTwriter

#56 Post by SKTwriter »

Final Fantasy VII and tactics Advance

Tekaji
Projects: TPTC;DG
Organization: Project C.
IRC Nick: Tekaji
Deviantart: TekajiHatake
itch: projectcdev

#57 Post by Tekaji »

Final Fantasy 10 is the only game I have ever been able to play religiously. Before long, every year I would replay it over and over again. Because there would be so many minor details I would have missed or simply forgotten about. One time I accidentally spelt Tidus name as Tidu, didn't realize until about halfway through the game. I deleted that save and started over just so I could fix it and play it again. I regret nothing. I may even pick up the HD edition for PC sometime later.

Mastermind6425
Projects: Urteil

#58 Post by Mastermind6425 »

I'll have to go with 10, but I haven't played the games after that one, so I don't know if I would enjoy them more than 10. I should really get to playing them soon, what is the general consensus on 11-15?

GoldBrows

#59 Post by GoldBrows »

Mastermind6425 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:17 am I'll have to go with 10, but I haven't played the games after that one, so I don't know if I would enjoy them more than 10. I should really get to playing them soon, what is the general consensus on 11-15?
Replying to an old thread cause I'm new here :)

FFX is my favorite and I really love the HD remake as I never got to play the international additions years ago.

My general consensus on post X games
11/14 - No clue on these as MMOs aren't my type of game. Don't have the money or time for them!
12 - Engaging story, world, and characters. The main character is considered pointless by a lot of people as Ashe is really who it's all about. The battle system was kind of controversial when it first came out, but after playing it for a while I enjoyed it.
13 - I liked the mythology of this game a lot, but didn't actually enjoy the game at all. It's very linear and missed the exploration aspect that I love so much in RPGs. The sequels are also really confusing story-wise and its the first FF game where I gave up on trying to understand the plot.
15 - I hated this game when it first came out. I actually had it pre-ordered and then cancelled because all of the trailers and reviews were really disappointing to me. And that was a good decision because the game that they released wasn't finished at all! Disappointing battle system, entire chunks of the story missing, characters disappearing without any explanations... it was a mess. But to SE's credit they've been patching and adding DLC (free and paid) almost nonstop since release and it's basically a new game compared to what it was in Nov 2016. I enjoy it a lot more now, but I wish I had from the beginning.

Chiagirl
Regular
Completed: Ellen and the Pumpkin
Projects: The Crossing
itch: Chiagirl

#60 Post by Chiagirl »

I've played almost all the mainstream FF games with the exceptions of 3, 11, and 13 onward; but my favorite is Final Fantasy X, though Tactics and 5 are pretty close. X was the first PS2 game I played, which was a huge graphic step up from my GBA (the only other gaming system I had at the time). I sympathized with Tidus's dislike of his father and though the story was far more compelling than that of 4 or 5 (which were the only FF titles I had previously played). 5 was the first FF game I played so there's probably some nostalgia goggles there, but I did like the fighting and class systems. I always liked Tactics, but think I was a bit too young at the time to properly appreciate it. It just seemed to be a very much adult geared story compared to the other FF titles, and change to a tactics battle system was cool.