Writer, Editor, and Proofreader

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
WriterGal

Writer, Editor, and Proofreader

#1 Post by WriterGal »

Hello everyone!

I am a freelance writer, editor, and proofreader searching for work; I offer any and all of these skills at the disposal of employers, depending on what you may need or are comfortable with. I can also provide translation from Spanish/Japanese into English and vice versa, though this is a new service I am offering.

I have done professional editing and proofreading work with Penguin Random House Publishing Co. and can provide references if you'd like. I also have a resume/writing samples available upon request.

The best way to contact me is probably through email, but I will respond fairly quickly to PMs.

As I am still starting out in this field, I as of yet have no specific dos/don'ts in regards to the types of projects I will work on; if you have something you'd like me to do, we can discuss your general idea and I will complete it to the best of my ability.

UPDATE!! Due to some interest both on and off this site and a hefty increase in my workload, I will no longer be able to offer free services. I am, however, very willing to negotiate stipends/per word prices, and I will do my utmost to work for only what compensation an employer is comfortable with/capable of giving.

That said, my baseline will typically be $0.04 per word writing, $0.01 per word for editing/proofing. Translation prices vary contract to contract.
Last edited by WriterGal on Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Akaya
Projects: Currently working on a psychological visual novel. /UPDATE SOON/

Re: Paid/Unpaid Writer, Editor, and Proofreader

#2 Post by Akaya »

Hello, would you be able to correct grammar mistakes for example ? ( I'm sorry I don't exactly know what proofreader means :)
- Working on a Visual novel project - Still looking for background artist- And translator english to japanese - Please contact me ! :)

WriterGal

Re: Paid/Unpaid Writer, Editor, and Proofreader

#3 Post by WriterGal »

I would indeed, that's pretty much exactly what a proofreader means! ^.^ I have experience editing/proofreading for writers that are both native English speakers and otherwise, if that information is at all helpful.

WriterGal

Re: Writer, Editor, and Proofreader

#4 Post by WriterGal »

NOTICE: My initial post has been updated to reflect that I am no longer a working college student, and have joined the professional workforce, as well as to reflect an offer of translation services. All other aspects of the post remain unchanged.