[closed]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
FriendlySenpai
Regular
Projects: Daddy Lies, Novus Inceptum

[closed]

#1 Post by FriendlySenpai »

Thank you to those who applied. The position has been filled.

I just realized that I haven't heard from my current background artist since July, despite having sent a number of emails to check in with her, so I feel like it's time I start looking for a new artist :/

Daddy Lies info

The issue is, we've already got backgrounds made for 8 different locations, for 24 in total. Which means we'd reaaaally like to have the new artist have a style similar to what's already been made. It doesn't have to match perfectly, obv, but we don't want the differences to be super obvious and jarring (like, going from smooth and moderately detailed to BAM! crisp and super-detailed). That's all.

You can find examples of the backgrounds already made by clicking the URL above. If you need more, just let me know.

We're looking to pay about 70 USD/background + 10 USD/variation, via PayPal g/s, but that's negotiable. That's just a baseline, since it's what we paid our old (current?) artist. I typically prefer to pay the entire amount up front, just because I have so much activity going on in my PayPal that it's kind of difficult to keep track of a bunch of halves. Unless you're willing to send an invoice each and every time.

The variations are just time of day ones, so day/evening/night. Not all of them need all three versions, but it'll be specified when you get the assignment details. Right now we just need a couple of backgrounds made so we can get the demo ready (we're missing a kitchen, a living room, a street, and a parking lot). After the demo's finished and the Kickstarter is live, we'll work on more.

If you're interested, I'd appreciate it if you emailed me at thefriendlysenpai [at] gmail [dot] com with your portfolio, rates, and any questions. I don't mind messages or replies here, at first, but it's easier to email in the long run.
Last edited by FriendlySenpai on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuyunokawa
Regular
Deviantart: fuyunokawa

Re: Seeking Background Artist for Daddy Lies

#2 Post by Fuyunokawa »

I sent an email!