nthn here

Art threads specific to a single artist.
jane_runs_fast
Regular

nthn here

#1 Post by jane_runs_fast »

nothn here
Last edited by jane_runs_fast on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyesunxoxo
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~, High School Otome
Projects: Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Purrfectly Ever After, HEROxTRIO, One Year of Apocalypse,
itch: hyesunxoxo

Re: KIRTS Art Thread [feedback welcome]

#2 Post by hyesunxoxo »

Hello! Your backgrounds need a few enhancements here and there, but they're totally great! Right now, we have a project in need of a BG artist ^^ It's an otome project and we'd love to see if we can work together! That being said, it will be a great opportunity to widen your portfolio and practice your skills on it. If you'd like to talk about it some more, you can DM me or send a classic email via nadine.kiandra@gmail.com. Thank you very much! ^^
ImageImageImage
Visual Novel Writer, Project Head and Otome Enthusiast | Hire me to write your stories! [Commissions]

HopefulRomantic
Tumblr: hopefulromanticwriter

#3 Post by HopefulRomantic »

I saw your art on another thread and followed your posts over to here. I see you're looking for critique, but really I just want to say that your style is awesome. The image of the plane filled with smoke is super cool! Great job!

jane_runs_fast
Regular

#4 Post by jane_runs_fast »

Daw! Thank you! That makes me feel great! that plane one was one of my first few backgrounds- im glad you like it!

jane_runs_fast
Regular

#5 Post by jane_runs_fast »

Some other art done this year (Most needed cropping due to being NSFW)
New canvas.jpg

HopefulRomantic
Tumblr: hopefulromanticwriter

#6 Post by HopefulRomantic »

Love the way you blend skintones and highlight! It's so anime-painterly. Also I just noticed the framing back on the first post—love where you've cropped shapes into the background and let the hair flow over.

jane_runs_fast
Regular

#7 Post by jane_runs_fast »

Thank you!!

PMscenarios
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo
Projects: In Blood, Xenopathy
Tumblr: pmscenarios
itch: pmscenarios

#8 Post by PMscenarios »

I really like your art it's very pretty. The clothes detail for your male sprite is really sharp and detailed, and I really like the feelings of the "almost kiss" one where she's sitting on the counter.

Talking as a person planning in the future to commission sprites, your VN sprites does not have enough emoting for my personal preference. For me conveying emotion is much more important than pretty or even well-drawn. Being able to tell their personality from only one glance and immediately seeing and feeling their emotions along with them.

I'm not sure that is constructive feedback, since it's just my personal preference, but it is I guess a look into my mind and why I'd look at and appreciate your art but then move along looking for someone else.
ImageImageImage

jane_runs_fast
Regular

#9 Post by jane_runs_fast »

^^^^ Thank you for your honest feedback. Ive actually been working on sprite expressions- so I hope you get a chance to take a look at them once they are finished and uploaded here.

Below is a commissioned image I just finished.
kojuro sketch 1.jpg
kojuro close.jpg

jane_runs_fast
Regular

#10 Post by jane_runs_fast »

another commission-
the lovers.png