Hardcore Sitting anyone?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

Hardcore Sitting anyone?

#1 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Hey guys, this is something I thought i'd share since it's what I plan to be doing! ^^ Now....before you watch please read the following.

I myself have been wheelchair bound for the past 13 years of my life. As such I never really had a great challenge in sports since the only one i enrolled in had mostly mental disabilities. Since I have none, i didn't really fit in. However recently I have found a NEW sport that is truely still being pioneered by Aaron Fotheringham. Aaron has been in a wheelchair for most of his life. He had Spina Biffida, and because of it, has been partially parylized from the waist down ever since. His brother, who was a BMX rider, told him to go into the skate pool in his wheelchair...from there on....he went to do some of the most amazing tricks anyone in a wheelchair could do. To view his tricks
including the FIRST WHEELCHAIR BACKFLIP
click this video!

Hardcore Sitting
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Hardcore Sitting anyone?

#2 Post by Cybeat »

That's going to take a lot of practice. Good luck.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#3 Post by akemicchi »

Haha, when I read the title, I thought, "A hardcore sitting competition? How would it be hardcore?" But that... Holy crap, that is awesome. XD Good luck, but be sure to be careful when you're doing it. C:

Oh, do you get a customized wheelchair for that? Surely they're not grinding on just regular wheelchairs?

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#4 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Yep! I can't stress to myself how much safety gear would be needed. It looks fun as hell tho. Yeah the chair would be a custom from Colours Wheelchair. It's over 3000 bucks so I have to start saving. maybe I could get a discount? XD The chair itself is a "Boing!" lol. It has independent suspension, and as u probably saw a bar in the back. I call that the grind bar. >D
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#5 Post by Samu-kun »

Woahh... That's seriously hardcore. :3

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#6 Post by Blue123 »

Yeah! That was great. Best of luck to you and take care, yesh?

M12
Veteran

#7 Post by M12 »

That was extreme =O! Yes, make sure you're careful while doing it =).

Have you thought about taking up wheelchair basketball? If I needed a wheelchair someday, I would definitely take up that sport. Basketball taught me a lot about life...

Good luck!

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#8 Post by Der Tor »

hmmm... that guy is propably the only one who could rob a bank and easily shake da cops on a wheel chair :mrgreen:

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#9 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

lol, I know. he was like 15 when that vid was made. It looks fun as hell to do. (all be it painfull on the landings). ^^; I just can't wait to jump my first curb.

OnWheelz

#10 Post by OnWheelz »

I actually am a hardcore sitter. You dont need a Boing! per say, but the only other alternative is a 7000 dollar fully suspended titanium chair. Thats what I have. You REALLY need a full face helmet cause' your gunna fall forward more often than back. Its fun and ya get a lot of looks from people too! Try it, but know your limits (THEN PUSH THEM)!!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#11 Post by azureXtwilight »

YaY, that's insanely cool!
Good wishes from AzureXtwilight!
Finally someone has realizes what they are capable for!
Go man, go!!!