Tales of great sorcery.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
azaroth

Tales of great sorcery.

#1 Post by azaroth »

Basically This is a story about elves. A elf guy living in a elven town has a kid, and has to send the kid off to learn different magic disciplines that will affect the story and the ability to get to the end.

The guy also works at the temple as one of the upper ministry of Ice/Water magic.

Also a great deal of focus is on power being held within stones.
Basically I'm doing the programming and some of the art and story writing, but I'm happy to make this a free flowing preamble of a project that basically means that if you contribute I'll scrawl your name down in a txt file and compile all the names for the credits hopefully not forgetting anyone.

I'm hoping to have the characters encounter orcs and all manner of fantasy creatures. Maybe not in the one story arc but as a choice thing.

Heres some of the art I've done so far. I'm going to make some vectors of the main characters so thats the next thing on my todo list.

Basically, there's room for lots of input so
writers, artists, programmers and music makers are welcome.

I think I can make it work without a battle system but if someone can program one good then that would help.

Also you don't have to be great at anything, if your art is submitted then I'll probably fix it up a bit or turn it vector in inkscape or something before use but you will still be credited as having helped. My examples don't show it but I intend to have the traditional character profile artwork show up for most of the speaking sections.

I'm also happy to provide many permanent spots.
I want script writers the most, I have a definate idea of how I want the story to end. And I've got a good idea for the beginning. But most of the sidequests and that aren't tied down yet so, I'm looking for people who can write a scenario and have a good grasp of wording with it.

I'm going to be Project lead. Editor and artist/writer of most of the main plot line.

And the vacant list is as below.

Artists (vacant)
(vacant)
(vacant)

Writers (vacant)
(vacant)
(vacant)

programmers (vacant)
(vacant)
(vacant)

music/special effect noises (vacant)
(vacant)

None of the positions here are going to be paid positions but if your quite exceptional then some money may go your way via paypal or something. And I'm pretty sure the end result will be a non for profit endeavour but if not then the price of the game would be super cheap. Also you have to accept that your intellectual works may be used for profit and used in any way I see fit by joining the team or submitting your work. I'd probably only use the works for further creation of visual novels and maybe posters and advertising, and that would be about it.

Also this is no way going to be a hentai game. Focus is on the orc bashing adventure.

Email me at jarrodwoods@hotmail.com with samples if you have any and would like to help out.
For gameplay length wise I'm hoping to get at least an hour of gameplay out of it.

Also there is no finish date set, but early 09 would be a good finishing time.
From Jarrod

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: Tales of great sorcery.

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

The backgrounds look very nice. ^_^ This looks pretty good so far, even if it doesn't seem very moe. XD Good luck finishing.

azaroth

Re: Tales of great sorcery.

#3 Post by azaroth »

Working on character pics. :/
From Jarrod