Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Guestbook

#4816 Post by Donmai »

Wellcome to the forum, good luck, and don't forget to drop a note (pun not intended) about you in this section: viewforum.php?f=65
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Anihime
Deviantart: AnimeFanatic02

#4817 Post by Anihime »

Hello! My name is Anihime. I currently live in Texas but I originally used to live in California. I don't have an official website at the moment and am currently in the process of writing a webcomic. Currently, the first chapter is being illustrated by one of my friends at the moment. Nothing officially published yet, though. ^^;; I have some confidence in my writing skills having written fanfiction and have taken part in several roleplays before in the past.

At the moment, I have a part-time job but have also recently started thinking about doing some freelance writing on the side. Not sure what I should do or where I should start but hopefully, I'll figure something out. Looking forward to enjoying my experience on this site! ^^ It's nice to meet everybody here!

Jowando

#4818 Post by Jowando »

Hello, i'm jowando. I'm just ordinary man who like play the games, nothing so special about me btw. So i don't know what to say

Well, nice to meet you guys

Emdykay

#4819 Post by Emdykay »

Hey,
MDK here, 24 years from Germany.
For ages I wanted to do some creative work in media, but have never come around to actually do so, mostly because of my own doubts. Now I am at somewhat of an impass in my life and need quite some changes and among those I decided to finally put one of my many concepts actually to script to keep me focused and working towards a goal. And well then maybe see where it goes from there.
So I have been registering here hoping I will learn a few things from more experienced creators here and make one or two connections for the future, see you around and hopefully have a fun time!

Cheers,
MDK

lesh

#4820 Post by lesh »

Howdy y'all. I'm Lesh, a university student.

I've been using Ren'Py for over a year to code a lengthy adventure game with minigames and use of an overworld engine.

After lurking for quite a while I've finally made an account so I can ask questions I haven't found answers to anywhere.

Peace.

Edit: And thanks to PyTom for making Ren'Py a thing. I'm not exactly using it as the visual novel engine its intended to be, but it's the best free game engine thing I've found anywhere!

Janfon1
Projects: "Catch and never release"
Deviantart: janfon1

#4821 Post by Janfon1 »

Good day,
On the Internet I'm know as Janfon1, a Polish student who excels above-averagely at many things - those include foreign languages, drawing, animation, gaming and amateur programming. I've been writing fanfictions since 2014, all of them in Polish. As much as talk, think, dream and write in English, I never tried to fully translate my works into this language.

I started working with Ren'Py around March 2016 when I came up with an idea of turning my fanfiction - "Catch and never release" - into an interactive version for people outside of Poland. Since then the project sprouted into a very large and ambitious visual novel that wants to expand the story of the original piece.

I've made an account here in hope for answers that I couldn't find in the Ren'Py's Tutorial game and in the Online Documentation.

Cheers! :D
Laus alit artes

vchan
Regular

#4822 Post by vchan »

Hello! I'm Veronica and I am new here and a writer

tinaKipps

#4823 Post by tinaKipps »

Hi nice to be here instead of lurking for the past decade : D, hello!

ChiiAne

#4824 Post by ChiiAne »

Hii, My name is Ane, I'm 20 years old. Haha I'm still learning English so I may sound a bit weird. I live in Brazil (so I speak Portuguese... ) and I'm a college student. Well I guess I can call it a dream so... My dream is to become a good programmer (I'm doing my best but I'm not good yet xD). Visual Novels are really nice! It's my first time creating one and this forum is very helpful.

Cindigo
Regular
Projects: Lalia Academy
Organization: LatgolAI
itch: latgolai

#4825 Post by Cindigo »

Hello! I’m new to this forum, I have not experienced lurking around… I’m self-taught C#, PHP/Web developer. Male, 27 in age and from Latvia. I can’t program in python :) My skills end with that. I’m an INTP if that rings the bell for someone.
I found this website while was browsing the web in a quest for CC0 content. (Now everyone is going to think I’m a leech :D, good first impression) As a lot of people here I’m thinking of making a story driven visual novel like game. I think I can do the programming, but other sides of this complicated art are out of my league. Yet, nevertheless, without at least an acceptable visual and audio design there is no way I can even pitch my idea to someone. If I don’t pitch my idea, I can’t find anyone who would be willing to donate their time and skills to the cause. I foresee it becoming a circle of despair :D But we will see :D
Please be kind and take good care of me. I guess I’ll try to write my next post, someday, in Ideas, I mean Daydreams section of the forums and get banned for that. All the best to everyone!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#4826 Post by Donmai »

Welcome, people.
lesh wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:10 am I've been using Ren'Py for over a year to code a lengthy adventure game with minigames and use of an overworld engine.
Wow! Sounds really interesting.
ChiiAne wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 am I live in Brazil (so I speak Portuguese... )
Então seja bem-vinda, ChiiAne. :)

And remember, guys, any Ren'Py related questions should go here: viewforum.php?f=8
and general forum questions may go here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32929 or here: viewforum.php?f=13&sid=071dd447b6c8a226aeeff70699bd0400
Good luck with your projects.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

SakuThePoulpy
Projects: Family Story
Organization: PoulpyDev
Tumblr: sakuthepoulpy
Deviantart: SakuraThePoulpy

#4827 Post by SakuThePoulpy »

Hi o/
I'm Sakura Yuuki, 16 years old ♥ I'm a french girl and I'm an artist student >w< I love code with HTML and CSS (but I'd like to lurn more uwu), drawing, writting and composing music ♥ I found this forum long time ago but I could not register ._. (I'm so happy to do it now ♥)

I've a Renpy project since last years >w< But I dream to make a VN online ♥

I'm happy to meet you o/

Cindigo
Regular
Projects: Lalia Academy
Organization: LatgolAI
itch: latgolai

#4828 Post by Cindigo »

I envy your skills Cindigo, being few years younger than yourself, maybe you are experienced with titles like Narcissu (i could not think of any other titles!!!)?
Thanks! Have been programming since 8th grade :D
I've heard the name and I have that game somewhere on my PC, but I haven't played it I think. I have played a few hours of Katawa Shoujo and there my knowledge of VN's in English ends actually :D Normally I play VN's in Japanese or more often watch playthroughs of random Japanese Youtubers :D Before You ask, no I'm not a native Japanese speaker and I understand only 95% of what they throw at me, but that's enough for me to be happy :D
I think, you should not worry that much on the art parts, as for me, if its playable it gets past my good impression :)
If only I wasn't a perfectionist it could maybe work :D
But, I'm still new, so hoping we'll be good friend along the way?
Sure, let's get along :)

catgame21234
Regular
Completed: 1
Projects: Looking for a art job; Want some help? Join n we can talk https://discord.gg/fydp3Vj
Tumblr: catgame21234.tumblr.com

#4829 Post by catgame21234 »

Hello, call me Catti for short. I'm rather a bit nervuse to post here but here we go. I've been studying to become an illistrator for a long part of my life and It was always my dream to be in making videogames. I've been watching the market for a long time and this is actually my second attempt to pick up RenPy. People close to me talked out of it before, but no longer! As I am writing this I finished my first game. It's stupidly short but still I never programed in my life, I'm just good at drawing 8D;
But my goal is to make a lot of games that can be sold to other people. Where making games for me will one day replace my need to work.…that's the dream anyway ^^;

Coming was one of my self imposed "achievements" to come here and make an account and post around and be exposed to more works, maybe . And though I am trying to check around a little help, encouragement, and direction would be appreciated.

I'm an digital illustrator at heart so you can check out my work here
Wish me luck.
Oy! Just call me Catti.
An inspiring developer but mostly artist. You can see my artwork here. Want to get ahold of me? Click here so we can talk fast on discord.

missluma
Tumblr: cherryexperiments
Deviantart: remesy

#4830 Post by missluma »

Name: Luma
Mushrooms: I love Mushroom Soup
I love to draw things and I am quite new to programming. Nice to meet yall!
Beginner to the visual novel development world. Aspiring artist.