Togetherness - Released! [psychological|romance|short|free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Azura
Regular
Completed: Astrum Dare
Projects: Chromatose
Soundcloud: azuranyan

Togetherness - Released! [psychological|romance|short|free]

#1 Post by Azura »

❥ Togetherness is a very short (~10-15 minutes) kinetic novel that I created over the span of only 5 days to test out Degica's new Visual Novel Maker.

❥ You play as Joshua, a thoughtful man on a date with his bubbly wife Karen. They're very much in love, and nothing will tear them apart.

❥ Link to play (browser-based): https://patchworkprincess.itch.io/togetherness

❥ All art/music assets in this game are premade (public domain/cc/etc.) with some editing by me! I wanted to test how far I could go with premade resources. Thanks so much to the creators of all the different assets!

❥ Got any feedback for me? I'd appreciate it! Although Togetherness was a very short-lived project, I plan to put out full-length works like it in the future!
Last edited by Azura on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Treladon
Regular
Projects: ToMaG, Feinted Game
Organization: Kuehler-Corrada Productions
Deviantart: Journie

Re: Togetherness - Released! [psychological|romance|short|free]

#2 Post by Treladon »

Hi! Nice game! Well-paced for being so short and you succeed at making the emotions very strong all the way through. One thing you may want to work on fixing though is that, while the dialogue was advanced using the Enter key, when the newspaper clipping came up, the only way I could get past it was by clicking. A very minor bug, but if you plan on doing a game with a lot of that sort of thing, it may get annoying. Great experiment! I wish you luck continuing with this in the future!
WIP: The Tasks of Messengers and Guardians - Progress Page Here!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

Thanks for tearing out my heart and stomping on it. The game was so cutesy, I didn't see the twist coming at all.
I really like your writing style, it had me hooked from the very beginning.

Azura
Regular

#4 Post by Azura »

Zelan wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 pm
Thanks for tearing out my heart and stomping on it. The game was so cutesy, I didn't see the twist coming at all.
I really like your writing style, it had me hooked from the very beginning.
Sorry about stomping on your heart! Working as intended... haha!
Thanks so much for playing! I'm really happy and flattered by your praise. ♥

Azura
Regular

#5 Post by Azura »

Treladon wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:24 pm Hi! Nice game! Well-paced for being so short and you succeed at making the emotions very strong all the way through. One thing you may want to work on fixing though is that, while the dialogue was advanced using the Enter key, when the newspaper clipping came up, the only way I could get past it was by clicking. A very minor bug, but if you plan on doing a game with a lot of that sort of thing, it may get annoying. Great experiment! I wish you luck continuing with this in the future!
Thank you very much for playing and for letting me about that problem! It was actually a limitation of Visual Novel Maker that has now been patched! (Yay!)

As an announcement: I've repackaged and re-uploaded Togetherness for browser playability (as originally intended)! You can now play the game on any browser without having to download a thing ♥