Doki Doki Literature Club! [BxG] Free Download

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Rich616

Re: Doki Doki Literature Club! [BxG] Free Download

#31 Post by Rich616 »

I made an account in this forum just to write a reply on this topic. I first downloaded this game thinking it was and ordinary otome, but I was utterly surprised (I didn't thought that the warning was a big deal). This is a masterpiece. One of the best game I had played.
I usually like the shy/gentle type of girl, but you changed that! Yuri scared the sh*t out of me, her eyes were creepy as hell. This is the first game that made me feel goosebumps. Also, Sayori was my best girl, I wish things hadn't ended the way it ended.
You should keep doing games like this one! :)

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#32 Post by trooper6 »

Excellent work. I streamed in on my Twitch channel and it was a very successful endeavor. Afterwards, I streamed a roundtable discussion with two other streamers who also played the game...we had a great time dissecting the game. Can't wait for your next project.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

lacymuffinz

#33 Post by lacymuffinz »

Oh my god where do I even start?! I can safely say (without any spoilers),
This is what Visual Novels need.
I cannot wait to see your future games and how you continue to expand interactive art!

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#34 Post by Kinjo »

Loved it. Everything about the game was professional quality, made with love, and full of fun. Need more VNs like this one.

Also Monika best girl, 10/10

Tekamutt
Tumblr: fatrat66

#35 Post by Tekamutt »

I just spent the last 3 evenings playing through this absolutely excellent game. The writing is superb, bringing this bunch of very likable characters to life, whilst simultaneously sowing subtle seeds for what is to come when everything goes a bit off-kilter...
Once the horror kicks in, I found myself hunched in my chair gripped with tension in that weird mix of fear and joy that only horror games bring out in people who like this sort of thing. Sayori's death was handled particularly brilliantly, coming as a huge shock and making me feel genuine sorrow for what had happened.
I won't forget this experience for a while. Really good work, Dan and your team of artists!

Marmalxdekid

#36 Post by Marmalxdekid »

I love this game so much I can't believe it's free the story is so great!

Marmalxdekid

#37 Post by Marmalxdekid »

Kinjo wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:00 pm Loved it. Everything about the game was professional quality, made with love, and full of fun. Need more VNs like this one.

Also Monika best girl, 10/10
all you ever need is Just Monika :D

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#38 Post by Imperf3kt »

Just wanted to say I've come back to play this game again, loaded my save, played for around 15 minutes, realised
the game deleted all of my saves
and now I'm rather upset and considering deleting the game again.

Why this made so many people like the game is beyond me.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#39 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Imperf3kt wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:12 pm Just wanted to say I've come back to play this game again, loaded my save, played for around 15 minutes, realised
the game deleted all of my saves
and now I'm rather upset and considering deleting the game again.

Why this made so many people like the game is beyond me.
People like 4th Wall breaks, especially when they are shocking. And there are few ways to viscerally impact a player, but messing with their actual files (or just threatening to) is a unique way of ramping up stress or tension.

To my knowledge, the game only deletes your saves at one or possibly two points in the game, and both times there is no reason to go back to those saves except to try and metagame (which the game is making a comment on, since it is hard to treat visual novel love interests as real people you actually care about if your decisions can always be undone and you can always go back to make the 'right' choice).

It wouldn't work for every game or even most games, but it thematically fits with what Doki Doki LC is trying to do.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Imperf3kt »

I gather that, but the issue I had was
I was a bit lost since its been several months since I played. I wanted to go back and load one of my earlier saves to refresh on what was happening, but unfortunately...
I also couldn't start a new game as it seems the option has been tweaked specifically so you cannot

Twitter

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#41 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Imperf3kt wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:46 am I gather that, but the issue I had was
I was a bit lost since its been several months since I played. I wanted to go back and load one of my earlier saves to refresh on what was happening, but unfortunately...
I also couldn't start a new game as it seems the option has been tweaked specifically so you cannot
Ah, yeah -
The whole thing is meant to be played through in one or two sittings, since the whole thing clocks in at just 4-5 hours. You can delete the 'firstrun' file in the game folder and it will remove all persistent data and let you start over from scratch without reinstalling the game if you want to do so.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Imperf3kt »

Figured that may have been what that file was, but of course it doesn't really achieve what I wanted :<

I'll just continue from where I am, the story is easy enough to pick up again.
Thanks for the chat :)

E:
I can't tell if thats a "good" ending or not.

Twitter

DirkB
Regular
Projects: 7th Goddess
Tumblr: 7thgoddess-vn

#43 Post by DirkB »

This game is insanely mysterious and creepy when you get into all the hidden details.

I can't help but post a link to a game theorists video here: " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9AWvi82uDw

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by philip »

@TS_Dan-

Well, I downloaded it and played through, and I echo the favorable comments of the posters who preceded me. but . . . .

I do have to mention something that I have found annoying, in this game, as well as others. Why does the author find it necessary to allow the reader to name a character? I am perfectly satisfied to go through a game, if it is interesting, regardless of the character's name. Why does it matter, you ask? The reason is that when I began this game and it asked me to name the character, having looked at the title page, it appeared to me that the character should have a girl's name, so that what I did. a few minutes later, there was the question "why did you bring a boy to the meeting?", or something to that effect. And it was too late for me, there was no way to restart the game and change the name, so I was confronted with my error, over and over, throughout the game. It seems to me that if an author feels that they must allow the player to name a character, they should somehow indicate whether the character is to be a male or female.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#45 Post by Imperf3kt »

Its in the thread title [BxG].
Since DDLC is posed as a typical 'pick a love interest' VN, This would mean Boy (player) romances Girl (love interests in the game)

There's also the well written opening post:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45860#p465662

Twitter