How to set channel volume

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Alvsvartr
Soundcloud: nebelwand-ua

How to set channel volume

#1 Post by Alvsvartr »

Dear friends,

Please, advise me on the following.
I've added a new music channnel with a command "renpy.music.register_channel("bgs", loop=True)", it works fine but it sounds too loud. I'd like to set the volume of this channel to 0.5 but all of the examples which are on the Internet result into nothing.

Remix
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: None... yet (as I'm still looking for an artist)
Projects: An un-named anime based trainer game

Re: How to set channel volume

#2 Post by Remix »

Why not just use the mixer="music" parameter when you register, that way the volume is controlled by the Music Volume in Preferences?

Audio Channel Defaults

Remember that config.has_music will need to be set to True to show mixer in Preferences
Frameworks & Scriptlets:

Alvsvartr

#3 Post by Alvsvartr »

Remix wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 am Why not just use the mixer="music" parameter when you register, that way the volume is controlled by the Music Volume in Preferences?

Audio Channel Defaults

Remember that config.has_music will need to be set to True to show mixer in Preferences
Thanks for your reply but there are some difficulties for me when using standard mixer when I'd like to make double or triple layered background sound. Thus there are bgs, bgs1, bgs2 and bgs3 channels in my project. May be it is stupid but I'm newbie and my specialization is music and texting not programming.

Alvsvartr

#4 Post by Alvsvartr »

So, if we use this one in script file, it'll work but with annoying buzz sound. If it is impossible to fix this issue, it will be much better to make background sounds quieter in Cubase.

Code: Select all

$ renpy.music.set_volume(0.1, channel="bgs")
play bgs "bgs/rain.ogg" fadein 1.0