String of Fates [Free][Romance]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
reddlark
Completed: String of Fates, Five Fast Dates
Projects: Intrastellar
Tumblr: reddlark
itch: reddlark

String of Fates [Free][Romance]

#1 Post by reddlark »

A short 1-2 hour game where you try to help a guy confess to his crush for Valentine's Day ❤

It's pretty cheesy... really really cheesy.
It mostly serves as an introduction to a group of characters I have.

Contains:
>>15k words
>>12 endings (A guide for how to get all the endings is included in the game's directory as flowchart.png)
>>Extra content upon completion, CGs and character profiles that unlock as they're encountered

This was made back in late February for Valentine's (with various bug fixes and a lot of updates rolled out months after) but I didn't really advertise it much anywhere. Some friends told me to post here, so here I am! This is my first VN, I'm hoping to take what I learned and expand on it in further projects.

For anyone that plays, let me know what you think! Were you surprised by anything? Got characters you like? Dislike? Find annoying?
(honestly, a lot were written for that last category)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: String of Fates [Free][Romance]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that you have no comments on this thread yet! The art is amazing, I love the style that you used. And just based on that last screenshot over on itch.io, it looks like the writing is just as good. ^_^

I have pretty much no free time to sit and play a game, but I'm really, really hoping that I can make some because I want to play this game, like, now.

Awiola

#3 Post by Awiola »

That was fun. I like that each choice [except one at the end] determined another ending. Thanks to this seeking for other endings wasn't boring at all [especially compared to games where you have bazillion choices to make and only two endings ._.].
Some plots were very unexpected - for example tomato guy - but this kind of weird humour [the group of sailor uniforms] is just great.
So, yeah, I like this game. Almost all characters too but Princess and Shiva-girl was kind of annoying probably because of their 'robotic thinking'.
My english is pretty horrible c: Honest Critique

Moonimations
Tumblr: Moonmonologue

#4 Post by Moonimations »

Hello I wanna tell you this game is so cute and amazing. I loved playing it!! I adore the characters. The writing was on-point too I love the humour.
During the ending where ya become a star I started suspecting that yes Jett likes Andy buT I thought the game was baiting me-- I was tryin if I could let them end up together in one ending, but failed. So when I tried the 'stop resetting' thing I was so shook, in a good way, when it was made canon!! Same for the girls I suspected that already so whoA

ianrenton

#5 Post by ianrenton »

Great game and awesome art. Love it. And I agree with Aviola - Princess was a bit annoying :)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

lmao gotta love my 2 and a half year old comment that I wanted to play this as soon as possible

But I did finally play it!! I enjoyed this game so, so much. I texted my fiancee that I'd been arrested by the space police and she just sent back "be gay do crime" which, I mean, those two things taken separately pretty much sum up the goals of the human and non-human characters.

Anyway, I love your sense of humor. The writing for this game was fantastic, these characters feel like people who could be my friends. And I loved all of the zany endings and bonus content, haha.

Really hoping to see more from you ^_^ (and I hope you can still see this comment after all this time lol).