The Tail Makes the Fox - Episode 1 [GxB/G][Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

The Tail Makes the Fox - Episode 1 [GxB/G][Comedy]

#1 Post by gamerbum »

SYNOPSIS
Lilim is an auditor for the main Hell government. When her beloved Lord Lucifer tasks her with going to the Kumonoito District to investigate their governor for soul laundering, she has no choice but to obey.

Will little, naive Lilim be able to survive her stay at Kumonoito? Will she maybe find someone special? … Or will she just go right back to licking Lucifer’s boots?

CHARACTERS

FEATURES
A parody game that's chock full of plot and bad jokes
Nameable protagonist
4 - 6 hours of gameplay
2 male and 2 female love interests
Full voice acting for the love interests
9 endings, 7 of which branch into Episode 2
10 CGs + 6 bonus illustrations

Now available for purchase on itch.io!
Also available on Steam!
Last edited by gamerbum on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kirlett
Regular

Re: The Tail Makes the Fox - Episode 1 [GxB/G][Comedy]

#2 Post by Kirlett »

How many episodes will have? If I buy it now that it has only episode 1, when episode 2 comes out, will I have it for free as an update or...?

gamerbum
Regular

#3 Post by gamerbum »

Kirlett wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:26 pm How many episodes will have? If I buy it now that it has only episode 1, when episode 2 comes out, will I have it for free as an update or...?
Hi!

There'll be at least two episodes, but we may also make a third as an epilogue of sorts if #1 and #2 do well enough.

All episodes need to be purchased separately, and the list of features above only applies to Episode 1. We plan to release the next episode next October, and if there's a third, we hope to release that the following October.

Kirlett
Regular

#4 Post by Kirlett »

Oh, but, does Episode 1 have a proper ending? Or it's just... "to be continued"?

gamerbum
Regular

#5 Post by gamerbum »

Kirlett wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:02 pm Oh, but, does Episode 1 have a proper ending? Or it's just... "to be continued"?
Ultimately, it depends on what you'd consider proper endings, I think. The game is written so that the endings could technically be standalone even if Episode 2 is never made, but there's still a "to be continued" of sorts after the credits (literally--it says "The end..." "... Or is it?"), and at least one direct reference to a continuation in Episode 2 in one ending (you'd probably need to see the ending to get what I mean, though).

I think the easiest way to put it is, Episode 1 has a specific plot line, and it's resolved in Episode 1. The endings show what happens directly after that problem is resolved, and Episode 2 will pick up directly after those endings and then introduce its own problems.

gamerbum
Regular

#6 Post by gamerbum »

Hey, guys!

If you're interested in the game but can't buy it right now for whatever reason, you can fill out a general survey we made and enter your name & e-mail at the end for a chance to win a key (there are two other options to select from, too, though). We'll probably be closing it sometime around the two week mark, so the end of October.

Survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/V05a0g94UY8v3YOr1

gamerbum
Regular

#7 Post by gamerbum »

The Tail Makes the Fox - Episode 1 is now available on Steam, with a launch discount of 15% off! Exciting stuff.

In addition to that, the game has been upgraded to version 1.1 (which is also available on itch.io, if you've already purchased it there). Voice acting for all side characters has been added, as well as a text history function.