NaNoReno 2018 General Recruitment Thread

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
sorabokki
Regular
Projects: Love Net

NaNoReno 2018 General Recruitment Thread

#1 Post by sorabokki »

It's about time people started thinking about recruiting for NaNoReno 2018, and thanks to previous threads, I'll be regurgitating their formats! Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries this year. =)

Thanks to Deji for this wonderful template.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❋ So you want to participate in NaNoRenO 2015 2018? ❋

Unless you're working solo, you probably need a group! Or maybe you already have a group but could use more members!
Go ahead and post your or your group's information so people can contact you!

➤ A person looking for a group

Please list your skills and the things you're willing to contribute with, and if you have any preferences!

Example 1:
I'm an artist!
I can contribute character designs, character sprites and a few CGs (full screen, cut-ins, or chibis, not more than 4 full screen CGs).
I can't do backgrounds or GUI.
I'd like to work on a romance GxB game if possible! No BxB, no nudity, no abuse or violence, please :'3
I can communicate via forum Private Messages!
Thanks!
Example 2:
I'm a programer.
I'm good at basic coding, along with coding custom GUI and some ATL elements (within reason).
I'm looking to work on any kind of project, I'm not picky!
I'm okay with communicating through e-mail or Skype chat.

➤ A group looking for more members

Please list the basic, spoiler-free characteristics, tags/warnings and mood of the idea you have, what kind of people are you looking for and how you plan to communicate!

Example 1:
Our group is working on a non-romantic slice of life comedy with magical elements set in japanese high school!
We have a programer, writer and a musician, but we *really* need an artist!
The story will have 3 characters and as many CGs as the artist can cram in during March.
We have a Skype chat group set up for meetings, so Skype availability would be great (don't worry, no voice chat!)
Example 2:
We're working on a BxG bittersweet story about hard choices in life and moving on from the past. There will be mentions of abuse.
We're specifically looking for a Background artist.
If you can design a custom GUI or contribute with some music, that'd be great!
We plan to work using Trello.

* If you're a solo person with an idea you'd like people to help you with, you're better posting as a group =)

Happy NaNo-ing! :'D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

【 ❀ Here is my entry ❀ 】
(to prevent double posting)

Hello~ My name is Sora. I'm an artist and UI/UX designer! However, I would like to work on character art for this year's NaNoReno. ^ ^

Work Ability:
  • Character sprites (~4 waist-up) *
  • CG Illustrations (~3 full screens OR ~5+ pop-up chibi cut scenes) *
  • I can NOT do backgrounds.
    * If there is an assistant artist to help with basic coloring (base colors and simple shading), I can probably do more.
Project Preference:
  • My biggest desire is to work on an otome/BL game with a deeper & unexpected story
  • BxB or GxB = OK!
  • Nudity = OK!
  • Some sensitive topics = OK!
  • Rated R for steamy hotness = OK!
My Art: Instagram @sorabokki

Preferred Contact: Discord, Facebook, Kakao Talk (high preference)*

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: NaNoReno 2018 General Recruitment Thread

#2 Post by Godline »

I'm so super excited!
No ideas yet but I'm happy to brainstorm with people and throw my hat into the ring.

Brittany Ann
Regular
Soundcloud: brittanyannphillips

#3 Post by Brittany Ann »

Hello, I'm a voice actress! I am looking for a group (or groups) to collaborate with for this year's NaNoReno!
  • I can contribute female voices to your project, ranging from a pre-teen to a young adult.
  • I am open to all topics/content that go up to 14A.
  • I can communicate via forum Private Messages, Email, or Discord!
  • Equipment: AT4040 Microphone, Scarlett 2i2 Second Gen Interface, (and various misc equipment - mic stand, shock mount, pop filter, acoustically treated space, etc).
  • Programs: Audacity 2.2.1 and Reaper.
Thanks!

Brittany Ann Phillips
Last edited by Brittany Ann on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Website/Demo ReelFacebookInstagramTwitter
Business Email: brittanyannphillipsva@gmail.com

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best."
- Henry van Dyke

runadial
Regular
Completed: My Only Sunshine
Projects: CrossDol (BL), Forsaken
Organization: astellic

#4 Post by runadial »

I'm going to pitch an idea primarily inspired by Tokyo Ghoul & Servamp, and if people actually like the idea or are willing to work with me, I'd love to bring it further and hopefully do it because I've been hoping to do the event for a couple years now.

The current plan is a B x G/B, darker fantasy story. Our protagonist, Ezra, made a deal with a girl he only knows the name and voice of, Lune (she will not have a route nor sprite). In exchange for saving his life, he must work with Lune, whose job is to deal with these demons that look like humans and feed on the "love" of humans via flesh/blood.

The origin of these demons actually go way back in time - a time when a twisted "love" story played out. If this becomes a reality, I plan to add one more route (Eden) in an extended version, which will go deeper into this background, though it will also be touched briefly in this story too.

A total of three paths with two ends each will be available, with each route serving a different "purpose"... at least, that's the plan. It may reduce to two depending on IRL stuff and who is willing to join the project as a writer. A very brief description: Idris is an idol with a two-faced personality, Kitt is a cheerful boy with a seemingly strained relationship with Lune, and Lorelei is a sharp-tongued girl who lives with Idris. Yes, they are all demons.

At this point... I'd be recruiting for anybody and everybody, I guess? This is my first time doing this, so if you have any experience and have any tips or want to work on this project with me, please talk with me through DM!

Metatype

#5 Post by Metatype »

I'm interested as well, but I've only heard a little about it. When does it start and end?

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#6 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Metatype wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 pm I'm interested as well, but I've only heard a little about it. When does it start and end?
It runs the whole month of March. The idea is that creators or teams try to complete a small project, start to finish, in just the one month. Kind of a motivator to release something and get practice. A lot of creators will create a demo that may eventually grow into a much larger expanded project, and NaNoReno will have acted as a motivational boost and jumpstart.

Metatype

#7 Post by Metatype »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:59 am
Metatype wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 pm I'm interested as well, but I've only heard a little about it. When does it start and end?
It runs the whole month of March. The idea is that creators or teams try to complete a small project, start to finish, in just the one month. Kind of a motivator to release something and get practice. A lot of creators will create a demo that may eventually grow into a much larger expanded project, and NaNoReno will have acted as a motivational boost and jumpstart.
That's good to know. Are there any rules like you can't use premade art/music/etc. or you can't start working on it until it starts?

Draziya
Regular
Completed: this was for you. [NaNoRenO 19], Acetylene [AceJam19], Ah!! My Roommate is a Succubus Hellbent on World [MonJam 18], I Don't Have A Clue [QRMJam 18], Cautionary Tale [NaNoRenO 18], OP Dodge Cross [GGJ 18], Acetone [AceJam 18]
Projects: I'm a love interest in my childhood friend's reverse harem!!
Organization: Watercress
itch: Drazillion

#8 Post by Draziya »

Metatype wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 am
That's good to know. Are there any rules like you can't use premade art/music/etc. or you can't start working on it until it starts?
Yes. The rules as seen last year say the following things:

"You can only begin actual production of your game in March.
Brainstorming, plot outlining, character sketches, and anything that does not lead to the direction production of assets is okay.
Sketches of sprite poses, backgrounds, and CGs is NOT okay.
Use of Creative Commons material is okay."

Metatype

#9 Post by Metatype »

Draziya wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:12 am
Metatype wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:03 am
Yes. The rules as seen last year say the following things:

"You can only begin actual production of your game in March.
Brainstorming, plot outlining, character sketches, and anything that does not lead to the direction production of assets is okay.
Sketches of sprite poses, backgrounds, and CGs is NOT okay.
Use of Creative Commons material is okay."
Thank you. I also noticed it mentions something called IntRenAiMo. Does anyone participate in that?

Angie
Regular

#10 Post by Angie »

Hello! If anyone would like an editor/proofreader to go over their script, I will be availble :3
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

LegendEx
Regular
Completed: Imre's Curse: The Prologue, Secrets Untold, Snowdrop, Summer at Marisol Bay
Projects: Battle Royale: For Your Heart!, Secrets Unsung
Tumblr: LegendExGames
itch: legendex-games

#11 Post by LegendEx »

Hi there! I'm part of a group with a wonderful artist DahliaWilder. Our game is fantasy- the premise being our female protagonist trying to resolve the conflict of war between two opposing sides. There's political intrigue, battle scenes and of course, some drama and romance. For nano we're just trying to get a prologue out, of about 10-20k words.

I'm doing the writing/managing and Dahlia is doing the sprite art. We'd love to take on a programmer, gui/logo artist and bg artist.

Our ultimate goal is to make this a bigger project after nano so people with long time commitment would be ideal but not necessary. We might make this a stand alone project from the newer, bigger and improved version anyhow, so it would be two games but the same lore.

Anyway! If you're interested in helping or want to learn more about our project, feel free to message me.

Our team will be primarily working through discord.

Palinus
Projects: A Lopeliie's Guide
Organization: pali.moe
Deviantart: palinus

#12 Post by Palinus »

Hello! I'm Palinus from Spectral Bunny Studios. For this year's NaNoReno, we will be participating with a spin-off game to A Lopeliie's Guide. The tale will follow the adventure of a courageous hero blessed by the gods with a mythical lance, a legend in Lopeliie culture, passed down for generations.

The project is going to be: Cute, Fantasy, Surreal, Emotional and Colorful!
We mainly need musicians for 5 to 10 songs with cute, emotional, and surreal themes, but we also have opportunites for most other roles too!
The optional roles we could use assistants for are SFX, GUI, Logo and Backgrounds, as well as an Editor/Proofreader.

More can be read at our google docs of the idea here
Send your application to: spectralbunnystudios@gmail.com

PS: As this is part of a bigger project, people who are interested to be part of the bigger picture (which WILL be paid offers) is a bonus, but not needed, so apply anyway if you're interested!

nerupuff
Veteran

#13 Post by nerupuff »

Finally, a recruitment thread for NaNo2018! Was scouring LSF for this thread until I realized that they probably only start it when March is nearing. Super excited to see what projects will be happening. I'll keep myself updated.
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

Draziya
Regular
Completed: this was for you. [NaNoRenO 19], Acetylene [AceJam19], Ah!! My Roommate is a Succubus Hellbent on World [MonJam 18], I Don't Have A Clue [QRMJam 18], Cautionary Tale [NaNoRenO 18], OP Dodge Cross [GGJ 18], Acetone [AceJam 18]
Projects: I'm a love interest in my childhood friend's reverse harem!!
Organization: Watercress
itch: Drazillion

#14 Post by Draziya »

Metatype wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:23 am Thank you. I also noticed it mentions something called IntRenAiMo. Does anyone participate in that?
To the best of my knowledge, not really, and especially not in recent years. If you search the term on these forums, less than 300 posts pop up. On Itch.io, nothing is tagged as such.

Metatype

#15 Post by Metatype »

Draziya wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 pm
Metatype wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:23 am Thank you. I also noticed it mentions something called IntRenAiMo. Does anyone participate in that?
To the best of my knowledge, not really, and especially not in recent years. If you search the term on these forums, less than 300 posts pop up. On Itch.io, nothing is tagged as such.
I guess people want to use NaNoReno as a time to create new stuff and not focus on the old.