Regular
Completed: Vincit, Sentiment Enneigés, The Devil took my Candies
Github: NightenDushi
itch: nighten
Discord: Nighten#3081

A movie about Visual Novel ?

#1 Post by Nighten »

Bonjour everyone !
At the end of the week I'm going to speak about VN on my pop culture club, in a kind of a conference. After that, I have to show a movie about my subject. I'm running out of idea for this last part, this is why I'm comming to you guys!

Do you have any movie relative to Visual Novel? It can be an adaptation or not, but it have to be a bit accessible for newcomers.

“The World God Only Knows” came to my mind, are the OAV good?
If you need help with your project, you can hire me as a programmer! :D

Image ImageImage

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

Re: A movie about Visual Novel ?

#2 Post by verysunshine »

Do you mean movies about visual novels or movie adaptions of visual novels?

Adaption-wise, I can think of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Pheonix Wright.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

Kherohi
Projects: Castaways
Tumblr: Kherohi
Deviantart: Kherohi

#3 Post by Kherohi »

If you mean movie as in video clips, there are a few anime that mention visual novels. More recently there was "Saenai Heroine no Sodekata" and "Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu" which involved the making of visual novels. I can also think of "Welcome to the NHK!" as having a subplot where the protagonist tried to make a visual novel with a friend. Since they are full length anime, it might be a bit difficult to show it as an overview of "What a visual novel is", but they might be useful as examples if there's something specific in the production you want to show.

For a more comedic player angle, there is a funny scene in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun which depicts characters playing a dating sim (not exactly a visual novel). There was also an anime called "Noucome" that used the "choices" mechanic common to visual novels. It's a rather absurd concept, but it pretty clearly showed how an event can trigger choices and the player would choose from those choices.

If there's something more specific you're looking for, I might be able to think of an actual scene.
I do art. Check out my deviantart and tumblr!

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#4 Post by verysunshine »

There is a dating sim in the beginning of episode 4 of Ouran Highshool Host Club. The main girl of the episode thinks one of the main characters is the same as a dating sim character.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!