Main Menu Stuck On Screen...(SOLVED!)

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Pandrena
Projects: Seven Players
Tumblr: pandrena
Soundcloud: mask child

Main Menu Stuck On Screen...(SOLVED!)

#1 Post by Pandrena »

I hate to make a whole thread about something that may easily be a simple error on my bit, but I'm at wits end about this "Route Selection" page I'm trying to do and I can't seem to find anyone who's had this problem, at least not as far as I could tell in my searching.... Right now, I have it so that there's a screen that pops up up as a menu command, no different from "preferences" or "start" on the main menu. From there, you're supposed to be able to choose what route to use, and the game decides what label to use.

Code: Select all

screen selectroute1():

default tt = Tooltip("Select a Route")

frame:
            xalign 0.0
            yalign 0.5

hbox:
            imagebutton:
                idle "/images/Ace of Diamonds.png"
                hover "/images/selection/Select1.png"
                action If (  (persistent.deguchiroute), true = [ Jump('deguchiroutestart01') ], false = None )
                hovered tt.Action ("ACE OF DIAMONDS: Deguchi Taki")

imagebutton:
                idle "/images/Ace of Diamonds.png"
                hovered tt.Action ("QUEEN OF HEARTS: Hakino-san")
                action If (  (persistent.defaultroute), true = [ Jump('hakinoroutestart01') ], false = None )

imagebutton:
                idle "/images/backcard.png"
                hovered tt.Action ("ACE OF SPADES: Uchi Hakino")
                action If (  (persistent.uchiroute), true = [ Jump('uchiroutestart01') ], false = None )

frame:
            hbox:
                xalign 0.5
                yalign 1.0
                text tt.value
Problem is. When you do select one of these images, it does jump to the label listed, perfectly fine!...But the main menu doesn't go away. Everything starts displaying on top of the main menu, even when I choose to change scene/BG! Here's also the code of one of the labels - pretty much the same code for each one.

label deguchiroutestart01:

scene black
    stop music
    with Pause(2)

hide window

nvljoker "...........A pleasant scent filled the air one evening...Multiple pleasant scents,
               actually, flowing through the air around the town's local, small restaurant."
And here's the only part of the main menu screen I edited, just to add the link to the screen.

textbutton _("Route Selection") action ShowMenu("selectroute1")
Augh, sorry to have to ask, but as I'm new to screens and have little idea what I'm actually doing...Does anyone know where I messed up? As far as I know, these are the only codes relevant to what I'm doing... Thank you in advance :o
Last edited by Pandrena on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

Re: Main Menu Stuck On Screen...

#2 Post by mitoky »

Is the route selection screen in need of having the main menu visible? If not add this line to the route selection screen:

tag menu
If it is required, you can manually hide it by inccoperating:

action Hide("main_menu")

to the actions of the route selection's screen

Pandrena
Projects: Seven Players
Tumblr: pandrena
Soundcloud: mask child

#3 Post by Pandrena »

It didn't seem to have any effect when I chose to hide it manually, but adding "tag menu" certainly worked like a charm, mitoky! I don't know /how/ I missed that, but thank you very much for taking the time to help me. I'll change this topic to "solved"!

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

#4 Post by mitoky »

Pandrena wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:50 pm It didn't seem to have any effect when I chose to hide it manually, but adding "tag menu" certainly worked like a charm, mitoky! I don't know /how/ I missed that, but thank you very much for taking the time to help me. I'll change this topic to "solved"!
No problem, glad the issue is resolved (: