[Kickstarter Live] Turmoil of the Seven [Sci-fi][Drama][Action][Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Yasuo02

[Kickstarter Live] Turmoil of the Seven [Sci-fi][Drama][Action][Fantasy]

#1 Post by Yasuo02 »

Turmoil of the Seven is live on Kickstarter now! Please check it out and play the demo if you're interested!

Link to the demo: https://files.fm/u/x7gtdtye

In the distant future, humanity embraces the end of the Crusade of Man an intergalactic war that left the entire galaxy unbalanced. The most weakest population, the humans, have now became the most powerful and dominant race in the galaxy. Xenophobia for many humans is a thing of the past, but now as a new era is ushered in, this encourages much nationalism and free thinking for many humans. The Alliance of Free Systems which is the most powerful nation out of the now emerging seven, no longer has its firm grasp on the universe. For many, it was perhaps the end of the Crusade of Man that caused humanity to split, but for others it was during the conflict that instigated a division of humanity. As this new era of revolutions and ideologies dawns, what are the chances of the full unification of humanity like in the past? Or perhaps humanity will be chastised by the other races of the galaxy, once the humans finish fighting among each other?

Here are the main characters of the story:

For more information on the characters and factions please check out the Kickstarter!

Why post this here you may ask?
Throughout my life, I have watched anime, read manga and visual novels. These are things in life that make me, as person, happy and take my mind off stress related things. Whats even more amazing is to present your work in front of people. My inspiration for creating this visual novel is for the soul purpose to give back to the community, to make a mark in this industry. Hopefully everyone else who reads this post thinks the same.

Lastly, my question for everyone here.
Which character is the most interesting to you and why?

Thank you all for taking time to view this post! I tried to make this post short and simple for everyone to read. :D

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: [Kickstarter Live] Turmoil of the Seven [Sci-fi][Drama][Action][Fantasy]

#2 Post by Zelan »

I remember seeing this on Kickstarter last year. 35k is still quite a chunk of change to ask strangers for to finance your game - however, I haven't played your demo, so maybe it's even better than I'm imagining and you'll get a lot of people interested.

Have you posted about this game anywhere else? Social media like Twitter or Tumblr? Other visual novel-interested forums?

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#3 Post by SundownKid »

Zelan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:06 pm I remember seeing this on Kickstarter last year. 35k is still quite a chunk of change to ask strangers for to finance your game - however, I haven't played your demo, so maybe it's even better than I'm imagining and you'll get a lot of people interested.
No, I definitely agree. For an EVN that is a lot - even the latest original VN from Sekai Project is asking for sub $30k and they have a sizable fanbase and marketing muscle. It's clear that you have overscoped the game quite a bit considering just your "prologue" will be 40 hours! People will just find that unrealistic for the first game of a developer, and it's unlikely people will see it as a strength, as some of the most popular VNs are a lot shorter than even just the prologue.

Here are some strange things I saw that you might want to address:

* There are stretch goals below your goal despite being an all or nothing campaign. Doesn't make much sense.
* Youre asking people to download WinRAR to play the demo, which is a step too far for most people. Why not just make it a Zip file? If you were going to use something other than Zip, 7Zip is a far better option, as it is not "trial-ware".
* It makes claims like "this will be the pinnacle of visual novels" which only make the game look worse because it's obviously not true. Not to diss your game, but only critics and players can decide that, all you can do is say you will do your best.

Yasuo02

#4 Post by Yasuo02 »

It's clear that you have overscoped the game quite a bit considering just your "prologue" will be 40 hours! People will just find that unrealistic for the first game of a developer, and it's unlikely people will see it as a strength, as some of the most popular VNs are a lot shorter than even just the prologue.
I honestly didn't see this as a strength either, it won't change my novel from being any better or worse. I just wanted to put that out there for future reference, that you don't need to buy a character to actually start playing the novel. As for the forty hours thing, I just wanted to let people know it was lengthy. In addition, as an avid reader it did take me a few days to read the entire "prologue" portion I written up, I just based an estimate off that rather having others assume how long it will be.
Youre asking people to download WinRAR to play the demo, which is a step too far for most people. Why not just make it a Zip file? If you were going to use something other than Zip, 7Zip is a far better option, as it is not "trial-ware".
Fair point, here. Actually, a lot of people mentioned this to me already upon releasing the Kickstarter, it stirred up a lot of confusion. One of our testers who played the demo before release, had no idea how to open the file we gave them. We recommended WinRAR as one of the many methods available to access the executable to run the game. We never meant that WinRAR in particular was needed to open the file. It does not require WinRAR to play, just a software that can open these kinds of files. 7Zip does work with this; though the page should have been already changed accordingly. (I'll double check it just in case) I hope this did not stop you from playing the demo. Sorry for the confusion.
Have you posted about this game anywhere else? Social media like Twitter or Tumblr? Other visual novel-interested forums?
Yes I have! If there are any other sites you can recommend for me to post this on, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you both for you feedback!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

I did a search and couldn't find anything on Twitter or Tumblr - how are you tagging your game?

I haven't used Fuwanovel myself, but it seems to be a decently popular VN discussion board. I don't know what their policies are regarding posting Kickstarters for your projects, though.

Yasuo02

#6 Post by Yasuo02 »

I didn't have a Tumblr for the game, so I made one. However, I did make posts on Fuwanovel and Twitter. Thanks for the input!