Writer/Editor/Proofreader for hire! (Will work for free/low cost)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
grim

Writer/Editor/Proofreader for hire! (Will work for free/low cost)

#1 Post by grim »

I have no idea how to actually start this, my mind feels blank just staring at this empty text box, so I'll just cut right to the chase!

You can call me Grim (an alias), and I'm here to offer my skills as a writer. This is my first time making a post like this, and offering my services for hire, but I'm currently trying to settle after finishing school so I would like to get started on some work. I don't have much experience in working with games/scripts (though if the opportunity presents itself I would love to try it!), but I have written a lot, and proofread for my friends when they needed me to, so I'd like to think that I'm somewhat capable in this field. The most I can offer you in terms of samples would be some fanfiction I've written over the years (I'm a little embarrassed about it, I must admit). This piece of work, as well as this one and this one. You're free to read the other fanfictions I have uploaded on that account of course, but I just feel that those are the best that I've published.

I really have no preference for what to write, I'm open to most things, and I think I could properly adapt to any content you want me to produce with my writing. That said, I'm also offering my services for editing and proofreading as well! Now that I'm done with school I have a lot of free time, and I'll be glad to receive any work that comes my way.

Lastly, terms of payment.

I'm not that fussed about money at the moment, since this is really my first time putting myself out there. This is mostly for me to gain some experience, so working for free really doesn't bother me. Though, of course, I like money just as much as the next person, so if you have any to spare I won't reject any that you wish to send my way :lol:

sorabokki
Regular
Projects: Love Net

Re: Writer/Editor/Proofreader for hire! (Will work for free/low cost)

#2 Post by sorabokki »

Hi Grim!

Welcome to the forums. Congrats on making the decision to try writing for video games. =) Good luck. I recommend checking out NaNoReno and finding other members to work with to get started on a project! That way, you'll have experience under your belt and a completed project for your portfolio.

You can read more about what it is here: https://itch.io/jam/nanoreno-2017
Here's the Recruitment Thread: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=48005