DREAM SAVIOR GAKUEN - ReDraw [Out Now!, BxB, GxB, Drama, Mystic, Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Bianchii
Regular

Re: DREAM SAVIOR GAKUEN - ReDraw [Out Now!, BxB, GxB, Drama, Mystic, Free]

#16 Post by Bianchii »

OMFG LET ME CONGRATULATE YOU FOR THIS RELEASE!!!!

No joke, your game was the first, or one of the first iirc, that I didn't mind playing as a gender I don't identify with (I think it was an all male school or something like that? I remember I felt like I was playing a male anyway haha). I thought the story more than made up for it, but this time we get to be a girl? You can say I'm 10000% pleased by this unexpected development. I'm gonna play and will post again when I'm done with it. Be warned though, I am a person who likes to play only 1 route (though I think I played all routes last time, it was that good haha). Congrats again!

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#17 Post by illuminate001 »

Hi Bianchii,

Aww thank you! Yeah it was a fun look into the past for me and def a labor of love. I'm so glad to hear that you remembered the old one and are now gonna give the new release a go! Whoo hoo! What else did you like best about DSG other than the story?

Yeah so it takes place in an Art College, it's co-op but you never see a female character as the only characters you interact with are the romance options. In the original the MC was ambiguous but I know I did slip up slightly here and there, like Polar calling you "dude" and being called "boy"...but all that is removed in this latest version. So 100% truly ambiguous! However, I think it's done in a way that you won't notice the absence of pronouns or descriptive lines about your appearance like hair(length) or what you're wearing (kilt and hairpin VS shirt and tie etc.). So you don't get to play a girl directly but you can def imagine yourself in the role of whatever gender you are. :)

Oh no worries I usually only ever play 1-2 routes per VN anyways, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on the revamp after you've finished! See you soon!
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#18 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey all,

Recently a member named Versect reached out inquiring about a walkthrough/guide. (I'm not sure why people are private messaging me instead of through the thread? :| )

Atm there is no official walkthrough, however, when I get the chance I'll draft something up and post it here. Gotta have the holidays die out some more.

Oh and happy holidays to you all here at LSF! :P
ImageImage
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#19 Post by Zelan »

I wasn't around LemmaSoft for the original, but given that this seems to be a really well-liked VN I'll have to give this a shot. ^_^

illuminate001
Veteran

#20 Post by illuminate001 »

Zelan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:18 pm I wasn't around LemmaSoft for the original, but given that this seems to be a really well-liked VN I'll have to give this a shot. ^_^
Hey Zelan! It's good to see you around, I think you vanished for abit didn't you? Anyways YOU'RE BACK! :o

Oh my goodness yes, the original was WAYYYY back in the day...thinking on it makes me feel very old now lol. But anyways yes please give DSG-Redraw a shot when you have a chance. I'd love to hear your take on it.

I think people really liked it because it took something that looked like a regular otome/BL/slice of life VN then totally turned out to be something of a mindscrew. (I think that's why people really liked Doki Doki Literature Club too for example)

Also, this time unlike LMA, you don't have to worry about mature content. :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#21 Post by Zelan »

illuminate001 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:43 am
Zelan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:18 pm I wasn't around LemmaSoft for the original, but given that this seems to be a really well-liked VN I'll have to give this a shot. ^_^
Hey Zelan! It's good to see you around, I think you vanished for abit didn't you? Anyways YOU'RE BACK! :o

Oh my goodness yes, the original was WAYYYY back in the day...thinking on it makes me feel very old now lol. But anyways yes please give DSG-Redraw a shot when you have a chance. I'd love to hear your take on it.

I think people really liked it because it took something that looked like a regular otome/BL/slice of life VN then totally turned out to be something of a mindscrew. (I think that's why people really liked Doki Doki Literature Club too for example)

Also, this time unlike LMA, you don't have to worry about mature content. :wink:
Wow, you've been paying attention! I have been gone for a bit; thanks for the welcome back, it's very thoughtful of you. ^_^

I've been hearing a lot about Doki Doki Literature Club even without having been on LemmaSoft, so if this has a similar sort of mindscrew I'm sure it's awesome. ^_^ (I'm planning to play DDLC as well, once I find the time.)

Aha, you remembered that, too. I've seen so much good stuff about LMA that makes me wish I was more willing to view R-18 content. AH, well, maybe in the future once I've seen more dicks IRL I'll be prepared to dive into it. cx

illuminate001
Veteran

#22 Post by illuminate001 »

Heh it’s not like I sit around reading every post but it was hard to not notice a frequent poster like you dropping off :)

DSGR will be a fun ride, but you may need to play it a few times, or at least land on the correct story arc/route. It’s entirely possible to hit it on the 1st try but it all depends
ImageImage
ImageImage

AlecDaniels

#23 Post by AlecDaniels »

Oh nice! I'll have to download and play again, and maybe I should check out your other game too.
~Chaos, Panic, Disorder... My work is done here~

Virelai
Regular

#24 Post by Virelai »

I actually want to cry (of happiness, don't worry LOL)

I was 11 or 12 when I first got into visual novels, and I remember Googling: "best visual novels otome games" into my browser as a young middle schooler, and DSG was one of the titles that popped up.

I think it's so amazing that you've decided to redraw this and I can definitely see from the GUI and the artwork that there HAS been a significant improvement from last decade.

I'm currently in college and it's funny because I haven't read a visual novel in a really long time so I'm actually so excited to be able to dive into this one! A blast from the past if you will (-:

illuminate001
Veteran

#25 Post by illuminate001 »

AlecDaniels wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:14 am Oh nice! I'll have to download and play again, and maybe I should check out your other game too.
Hi AlecD, yes please do. It seems you've played the original so I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the remake stacks up to the original. Also, although LMA, is vastly different from DSGR, I'd say give it a shot!
Virelai wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:06 pm I actually want to cry (of happiness, don't worry LOL)

I was 11 or 12 when I first got into visual novels, and I remember Googling: "best visual novels otome games" into my browser as a young middle schooler, and DSG was one of the titles that popped up.

I think it's so amazing that you've decided to redraw this and I can definitely see from the GUI and the artwork that there HAS been a significant improvement from last decade.

I'm currently in college and it's funny because I haven't read a visual novel in a really long time so I'm actually so excited to be able to dive into this one! A blast from the past if you will (-:
Hi Virelai, aww thank you so much...your comment is exactly why I decided to redo DSG in the first place. So I'm actually very touched by your message. <3
The game remains unchanged (well plot/dialog) for the most part save for typo fixes and the removal of some gender pronouns/nicknames that would give away the MC's gender. But of course there's also the Jaja route! :)

I know college can be a busy and stressful time but if you ever need a break from all the homework and want to relive something from the past, then give DSGR a try. I'd love to hear how you felt about it, so many years since you played the original. :P
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#26 Post by illuminate001 »

Oh also! I meant to post this up, but I wanted to keep fanart all on 1 thread so here's one that I posted up in the original WIP thread. Still loving it! ^_^

ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#27 Post by illuminate001 »

​Hi everyone,

Just FYI I re-uploaded a new set of zips for both PC/Linux and Mac that have been redistributed using the latest Ren'Py. This should fix the following bugs:

- Credits Movie will frequently skip playing.

A race condition bug in Ren'Py 6.99.13 that causes movies to skip being played has been fixed in 6.99.14. If you'd like the most polished and complete version of DSGR, please re-download the latest zips. (You may introduce odd behavior if you simply overwrite the old game, I'd recommend deleting the old version and replacing it with this one entirely. The only issue is you will lose all your save data).

You can download the latest for free here: https://soulsoftea.itch.io/dsg-redraw
ImageImage
ImageImage