New {BxB} Comedy//Romance team needed!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
cclark603
Projects: Pale Waves

New {BxB} Comedy//Romance team needed!

#1 Post by cclark603 »

Introduction & Welcome

Hey everyone!

My name is Hunter and I am looking to start on a new {BXB} video game. This comes from me watching all these successful people create amazing games and I want to be on that list and provide a game that everyone is going to love. Anyways, I am a 26 year old person who is a Financial Director for the company I work for. So, I do work M-F, which will give me a chance to work on this video game nights and weekends. Other than that, it is time to start fully explaining what I am expecting of the game and of the team that I am going to be hopefully working with! :D

First off though, I would like to thank you for considering my request for partners. I really do appreciate it and would like to let you know that this is going to be a very long explanation of what I am looking for and what type of story that it will be. So, please bare with me as I do want to make sure that all questions and concerns are answered!

So, please feel free to ask any questions that are not answered! I will be happy to reply to anyone and everyone as this is my first game that I am wanting to create and I want it to be a truly amazing game!

Now, I will first explain the story and how I want it to move forward. Because I already have a conception in mind and I want to get this project started immediately! :D

Type Of Story
I just want to do a humans only story per say...Don't get me wrong, I love anything that comes thrown my way and maybe in the near future, I can do this, but right now I think I just want a regular Comedy/Romance story game!

How it begins
We will enter in on the story on a 20 year old male staring up at the midnight sky. There is a ton of stars and it feels him with ease because it hasn't been a very easy road for him. This is due to him being a new college student within Ibiza, Spain. He is new because he took a foreign exchange program offer from his old school to study abroad and our fellow has always wanted to travel. The thing is that he unfortunately is feeling a bit alone. He is feeling alone due to him moving away from his family and his friends. He especially misses when he could just go to a club with his friends and feel comfortable.

Now, he was going to have to make friends. The bad thing is that he is a shy individual who is a bookworm and doesn't see the need of going out. Hence why I stated earlier that when he would go with his friends, he would feel more opted to the idea. Now, he was just wandering the streets, trying to find some events to get involved with so he doesn't have to listen to the voice in his head that is mentioning over and over again that he needs to get out. Hence why he is sitting by a fountain and staring up at the sky.

Within this, he ask for his mother for help because he is unsure of what to do. He ask the heavens above to watch over him and guide him into getting some new pals. He thinks about how his mother was always so encouraging when she was once on the earth. Now that she has passed on, it made our fellow into the quiet person that he is.

That is until someone hears him talking and decides to take a listen. From there, the events that begin to follow our lad are...Not quite there yet! :P Sorry, I am still working out the story, but I do have a conception of this: this boy is wanting to find friends and eventually a boyfriend that will make him happy.

Main/Sub Characters

Marco Beran: He is in his mid 20's and as I stated before, he is a true bookworm if you have ever seen one. He is always stuck in his books and he claims to actually be a party animal, when in actuality he is a quiet young lad that wants nothing more than to listen to Netflix while he studies his homework. Then again, the person inside of him really wants to get out there and do some partying. He also wants to meet friends and maybe that one true guy he could fall in love with.

Marco is a timid lad, but don't mistake this for someone that is stupid. He is a pretty intelligent man and will be able to answer any kind of question that you throw at him. He is also someone that doesn't take "no" for an answer and he tends to jump into situations that cause him to get into trouble. We will learn more about that later with the story!

Andreas Madrid: Andreas is the first person and the first LOVE INTEREST that will follow with Marco, if a person chooses to follow him. Anyways, Andreas is a kind man that is one of the fellow tourist guides that is within the town. He is also someone that is a bit upfront about who he is as a person and tends to be someone that is abrasive to any kind of love or cuddles that is brought to his attention.

While he is super happy he meets Marco, there is something inside of him that is not telling him to follow the relationship. He has some personal committment issues since he has met many men in the past and they have left him in the cold. So, at first, it seems like he is a bit of a ass, but in the end if you get past this, he is a pretty straight forward and amazing lover.

This is the only two characters I have so far, the rest of them will be determined by myself and the writers who are ready to take on this course. Please be aware that I do have MANY ideas, so please don't take this as a sign that I have nothing to offer!

Staff Needed

Head Staff
Hunter - Senior Director/Writing Producer
Vacant - Head of Writing/Creativity
Vacant - Head of Graphics/Background
Vacant - Head of Sound Direction/Music
Vacant - Head of Programming/Coding

Vacant - Community Writers - These folks will help Hunter and the Head of writing to make sure that the content of the writing is not only perfect for themselves, but that it is perfect content for the community that we are offering.

Vacant - Visual Arts Creators - These folks will be in charge of all background/sprite creations. They will work together to produce ultra amazing work for the story!

Vacant - Sound Creators - These folks will be in charge of coming up with game sounds and music that fits the themes of the storyline!

Vacant - Coding Producers - These folks will help maintain the coding of Ren'Py and they will assist with any kind of request that is needing to be filled for Ren'Py

I have no limit to who works on the project. I am willing to take on a HUGE team. :) I want this project to be huge and I want everyone to have fun with this sort of thing.

What can I offer

To be perfectly honestly, I do need to study the Ren'Py a little more, but I am willing to help with the following areas:

-Graphics: I usually am within Photoshop CS6 a ton and I love messing around with Photoshop. So, please do let me know and I can help with creating Backgrounds! I suck at Sprites though, but I am willing to learn along side with someone!

-Writing: I am use to writing character backgrounds and history, so I will and can provide any amount of writing that is needed. I will also be helping with writing the script of the story. Because I really LOVE creating stories! :D

What you get

While this is a free project, I unfortunately can not offer any kind of money. I do want to let you know that you will receive some perks if you help me with this!

- A friendly social butterfly of a person that is me! :P I am very easy to talk to and very open minded <3
-Team work! There is no "I" in team.
-You will be added in the credits and you will be showcased along side with me. This isn't me only working on the project and I will be sure to showcase EVERYONE'S work!
-No strict deadlines. I am not in no hurry to finish the game. We can take our time and we can work together slowly but sure to make the game perfect!

How to contact

If you are interested, please post here and I will send you my Discord so we can discuss this! <3
Last edited by cclark603 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

abscission
Projects: Here be Dragons
Tumblr: billowingwaves

Re: New {BxB} Comedy//Romance team needed!

#2 Post by abscission »

Hello! I'm Lyn, and I'm pretty interested in doing the writing for you, as I've been writing a while, and feel pretty confident in my abilities! I can also help with the music, since I have professional training for that. ^^

cclark603

#3 Post by cclark603 »

abscission wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:37 am Hello! I'm Lyn, and I'm pretty interested in doing the writing for you, as I've been writing a while, and feel pretty confident in my abilities! I can also help with the music, since I have professional training for that. ^^
I sent you a PM :D

crystalscm
Regular
Completed: Suiyue
Projects: Scales of Fate
itch: tsukimii

#4 Post by crystalscm »

I may be able to help out in the writing/coding department. It's not everyday that I see people recruiting for a BL game like this, so it kind of makes me jittery in excitement, haha. I've been writing for a while now, but for coding, I'm still learning but hope to learn and improve upon that.

cclark603

#5 Post by cclark603 »

crystalscm wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:04 pm I may be able to help out in the writing/coding department. It's not everyday that I see people recruiting for a BL game like this, so it kind of makes me jittery in excitement, haha. I've been writing for a while now, but for coding, I'm still learning but hope to learn and improve upon that.
:3 I am still learning too! I will send you a PM <3

dairy-o
Projects: Foxglove
Tumblr: dairy-o

#6 Post by dairy-o »

I'm very new to this, but I may be able to help with the art!! I do best with character design, but I would be happy to act as a pinch hitter for backgrounds as well. This sounds like a really cool project that I'd love to hear more about and help in making!

cclark603

#7 Post by cclark603 »

dairy-o wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:03 am I'm very new to this, but I may be able to help with the art!! I do best with character design, but I would be happy to act as a pinch hitter for backgrounds as well. This sounds like a really cool project that I'd love to hear more about and help in making!
sent you a PM <3

janerascal
Tumblr: pluckedthieves
Deviantart: janerascal
Github: janerascal
Soundcloud: janerascal
itch: janerascal

#8 Post by janerascal »

Hi, I'm a DJ and I feel like I could create some pretty nice beats for this project. I have a very upbeat and plesant music style and I am more than willing to lend my ideas for writing! (I've been writing for about 6 years) This project sounds brilliant!

Jane <3

cclark603

#9 Post by cclark603 »

janerascal wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:08 pm Hi, I'm a DJ and I feel like I could create some pretty nice beats for this project. I have a very upbeat and plesant music style and I am more than willing to lend my ideas for writing! (I've been writing for about 6 years) This project sounds brilliant!

Jane <3
I sent you a PM <3

BreakingMachines
Regular
Projects: Alphateers, BabySteps
Deviantart: causticFish
itch: causticfish

#10 Post by BreakingMachines »

Hi I'm an artist and writer. I love the concept. I'm very interested in the project. You can check my art at causticFish.wixsite.com/works.
ImageImage
Queer game designer, writer, and artist.

NEED ART? http://causticfish.wixsite.com/works

JuniperWood

#11 Post by JuniperWood »

Hello, I really love your ambition on the project! I am not a tech-savvy artist by any mean but I can work on game art design. I can also pitch ideas and beta-check the writing for consistency in characters.
I'm pretty new to this creative process but I hope you will have me.