[UPDATE: 6/13] Artists Needed for Full Hearts 18+ Visual Novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Iovita
Projects: Full Hearts, Ambassador of Sieubia, Stars Dawn
Github: WaifuForHire
Soundcloud: mbsiovita

[UPDATE: 6/13] Artists Needed for Full Hearts 18+ Visual Novel

#1 Post by Iovita »

Music Box Studios is looking for (preferably long-term) new staff to help work on Full Hearts.
top of hill morning wallpap.png
MBS is working to create a visual novel that not only tugs at the players emotions but also creates a bond between the player and the characters in-game. While the premise itself of a new student arriving at a school for the physically disabled is not new, we are confident that what we are going to bring to the table is more than worth your time and consideration. It's being created in a custom C++ engine.

This game will contain adult content (Nudity, alcohol, sex) and will have an option to filter out the nsfw part of the game.

The game takes place at St. Ibaraki's School for the Disabled, where the main character has founded up after being diagnosed with hemophilia after a brush with death. The story will follow the main character throughout his time at this school where he meets 6 special girls (and maybe some other after the initial release).

Characters
heiwako giggle standard.png
Kameko giggle standard.png
Masuyo laugh standard.png
Mikka giddy standard.png
Rina happy standard.png
This is a FREE project, but in the future we hope to have commercial projects so that we are able to pay our staff!

What do we need?

Art
CG/Dynamic Artist (2):
As a CG/Dynamic-shot your job will be to draw images that do not use sprites or backgrounds. Each dynamic shot will be a standalone piece that should convey the emotion and importance of the scene it is portraying. You will be required to work with other artists and the writers to make sure that your piece is in the same art-style as the others but that it properly conveys what has been written in that scene. There will be at least 5 of these done for each route, the drawings should not be overly detailed but they should also look very professional. Minimum resolution for each piece will be 1920x1080. When submitting your resume make sure to send a link to your portfolio or send a series of pieces you have done that you consider to be your best work.

Sprite Artist (2):
Similar to the "CG/Dynamic Artist" position, you will be working alongside other sprite artists to create the sprites for each character with not just a variety of emotions but a handful of outfits. The more "screentime" the character has, the more outfits and emotions will need to be drawn. You will also need to work with other artists to make sure the art-style stays consistent across all sprites so that the players will not be able to tell the who drew or added onto specific sprites.

Animator (3):
As an animator your job will be to work with the writers and artists to not only match the style of Full Hearts but to also encompass the emotion for each of the girls' arcs. The animations will play just before a girl's arc starts, it should show what the player can expect in the coming chapters. This is only a minimum, and as the project continues we will probably find more spots for animations (like an opening sequence for example)

Background Artist (2):
The background artist will be responsible for creating the setting for Full Hearts, trying to make it as immersive as possible to help truly connect to the player. The artist must draw many different settings, such as cities, small towns, forests, and meadows. You will need to be able to draw your own settings from a description as well as draw using a photo as reference. Please submit to us a portfolio of your best works of backgrounds/landscapes.

Writing

Writer (0): FILLED
As writer you will create the world of Full Hearts and put it on the page, you must be able to connect with your reader and get them truly involved in the story. Please provide an example of your best writing.

Editor (1):
The job of the editor is pretty straightforward. You will go through the writing to make sure there are no grammar, spelling, or continuity errors, as well as going through a test build of the game to ensure there are none of those issues present due to a programmer's error.

Applications can be submitted here or to apply@musicboxgames.net
Last edited by Iovita on Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 10 times in total.

ThatManStan287

Re: Artists and Writers Needed for Full Hearts 18+ Visual No

#2 Post by ThatManStan287 »

Hello, my name Is Stanley or ThatManStan.
When it comes to writing, I'm somewhat new, but I'm not new to visual novels, as I've been playing them for almost six years now.
I've been writing for only a year or so now, and I'm just now starting to upload all of my work into an online portfolio.
Portfolio: https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3305953/ ... -Portfolio
I've never written along with someone, but I'm eager to start learning.
As far as writing and looks alone I guess I'd like to go in this order.
1.) Rina
2.) Mikka
3.) Kameko
4.) Masuyo
5.) Heiwako
Thank you for considering me and I hope you have a nice evening/day/night/morning/whenever.

rainbowolfe
Organization: SpaceTime Studios
Tumblr: rainbowolfe
Deviantart: rainbowolfe1

#3 Post by rainbowolfe »

Hello~!
You're VN sound super interesting, and I'd love to apply for the role of animator! .3. I've got a few years of experience, and I mostly work in an anime style~
Examples of my work can be found on my DA and my Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCknSlF ... DsAQf3JeAg
http://rainbowolfe1.deviantart.com/

I look forward to hearing back from you~

Iovita

#4 Post by Iovita »

Bump for added Background Artist position

caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

#5 Post by caterwaulings »

I have submitted an application for a writing position. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.
Cate, Novelist & Story Consultant -- See my info here

Iovita

#6 Post by Iovita »

All writing positions have been filled, we still really need some artists though!

Iovita

Re: Artists + More Needed for Full Hearts 18+ Visual Novel

#7 Post by Iovita »

Added the Editor position

Iovita

Re: Artists + More Needed for Full Hearts 18+ Visual Novel

#8 Post by Iovita »

One writing position has been reopened

Iovita

Re: Artists + Writers Needed for Full Hearts 18+ Visual Novel

#9 Post by Iovita »

bump for update to open position, all positions are open for more staff!

Zootower
Regular

#10 Post by Zootower »

Iovita wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:24 am bump for update to open position, all positions are open for more staff!
Love the design and aesthetics -- sent over a writer/editor application.

Iovita

#11 Post by Iovita »

Sprite artist positions are open for more applicants, as well as one position left for Writer. All other positions are still unfilled! The game has also been switched over to be written in a custom engine, spots for additional programmers may be open soon. Artists are especially being sought after for the current stage of development while the engine is built.