Live2D: Movie Sprites for Ren'py and Animations for Unity

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

Live2D: Movie Sprites for Ren'py and Animations for Unity

#1 Post by Empish »

Hi everyone, I'm Emp, and I've been learning how to work Live2D. I have some experience under my belt but have been asked by my client to keep things under my hat, so no newer examples (for now).

Here is an example of one of my early experiments.

Movies Sprites for Ren'Py

If you're not sure how they would look, check out here. The basic premise is that I'd make you a movie of the animation plus a mask so that all you see is the moving sprite. The animation loops indefinitely, but because I am also a programmer, I can get around that somewhat by swapping to an idle animation at the proper time.

Animations for Unity

Live2D has an SDK for Unity that does a lot of the work for you, but I can walk you through the process of getting it set up if need be.

What I need from you
A PSD file for each model to be made. I've created a Checklist for what you need (sprites only, contact me to discuss what is needed for animated CGs/BGs). Each of these items needs to be on a SEPARATE layer. The optional ones you don't need, but if you can provide them they will make things easier on me and the whole process faster.

In addition to this I want a listing of what animations you want and a description of each, so that I know what to make. If I'm unsure about anything I'll be sure to ask you for clarification.

Pricing

Sprites:
Normal Model: 50 USD
Complex Model: 75+ USD depending on complexity
First Animation (usually an idle animation): Free
Additional Animation: +5 USD

CGs
Animated CG Lite (ie very few moving parts): 50 USD
Animated CG Normal (up to two people): 75-100 USD depending on complexity
Animated CG Crowd (3+ people or lots of moving parts): 100+ USD depending on complexity
Additional CG animation/variation: +5 USD

BGs
Animated BG Lite (particle motion or lighting changes): 50 USD
Animated BG Normal (moving parts): 75 USD
Animated BG Heavy (lots of moving parts): 100+ USD depending on complexity
Addition BG animation/variation: +5 USD

For BGs and CGs, a variation is something where I can use the same model to create the secondary version of the BG/CG. If I cannot use the same model to create the effect you are going for then it will count as a separate BG/CG.

Coding:
Coding sprite/bg/cg animations to transfer seamlessly: 25 USD +5 USD per 5 animations

I take payment through Paypal, and can send you an invoice if you desire. Please PM me here for commissions, and feel free to ask questions in the thread. I'm pretty active!
Last edited by Empish on Mon May 07, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Banya
Regular
Completed: Deep Inside, KOI, ROAR, Dreamquartz, YOLO
Projects: Emerald Wasp
Deviantart: Banya-Laplace-Studio
itch: banya

Re: Live2D: Movie Sprites for Ren'py and Animations for Unity

#2 Post by Banya »

Aaaaah ;___; I'm still coloring the sprites otherwise I would have like to be the first one to contact you...
Anyway, nice art! Congratulations!

Empish
Veteran

#3 Post by Empish »

Annoucement: To the person who emailed me through LSF about Live2D animations: You emailed me anonymously, so I have no way of contacting you back. Please either email or PM me about this so we can actually discuss.

jamesws70
Projects: Dyneamics, Arcavellian

#4 Post by jamesws70 »

I just sent another message, thanks for reaching out.

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#5 Post by verysunshine »

Do you have more recent examples of your work? The example video in the google doc uses the same assets as someone else's work, so it's hard to know what you've done or if you just downloaded a pre-built kit.

(I'm not the anonymous e-mailer.)

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

Empish
Veteran

#6 Post by Empish »

Hey there, thanks for your interest! I don't have any other examples at the moment since I haven't had usable assets to work with. I'm hoping to change that soon, but that's also why I'm offering a free one, so I can build more examples to show others.

You're right that I used someone else's assets for practicing, but I did make the model myself from the base PSD without any other model input. I can understand if you don't want to trust that though, especially since you don't know me.

The main reason I can't make my own assets is that I don't have photoshop, and when I try to save in GIMP or other programs it flattens everything to one layer which is no good for Live2D. If you have some stuff lying around though that would work, I'd be happy to build you a test model and shoot a new video for you. No charge unless you actually want to use the model in the future and weren't my first customer.

jamesws70
Projects: Dyneamics, Arcavellian

#7 Post by jamesws70 »

I've emailed you again, I hope you got it.

I've got my PSD file and would like to talk when you have a chance!

Thanks,
Mr Anonymous :)

Empish
Veteran

#8 Post by Empish »

Well, it's about time to update this thread. I've added CG/BG prices now too! Since I don't have as much experience with them and they can vary a lot more in complexity, the prices may also vary, so be sure to discuss with me what you need beforehand so you can budget for it.