Dream Savior Gakuen 100% Full Release!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
illuminate001

Dream Savior Gakuen 100% Full Release!

#1 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey RenPY community!(fans/creators)

I'm still relatively new to the whole RenPY engine and community itself but I wanted say hi and to share with you my new Visual Novel. I've always been a fan of visual novels and dating sims. (I even used to play those dating sims on New Grounds like YEARS ago! lol)

Right now I've been watching alot of CLANNAD (google it. I am in love with the series!) and so this game is kinda like my Ode to the series. Its an anime based off of Key's (<- company name I think) PC visual novel. So you may notice some similarities but I tried to change up the story enough...and now I believe the characters and plot have thier unique charm and have come of their own.

This is a BL (Boy Chases Boy) Visual Novel but it was designed to also be believable from a female player's perspective (Girl Chases Boy). **Rated:Teen** This game does not contain any hentai/yaoi. Its geared more towards the romantic side.

Heres the Basic Stats...

Title= Dream Savior Gakuen©
Dwnld Link: http://hosted.filefront.com/illuminate001
Platform: Windows Only
Game Type : Visual Novel BxB but can also be a GxB
Rating: Teen
Playtime: 45 Minutes
Endings: 10 alternate endings
Release Date: 2008-04-22
Synopsis: And you thought High School romances got complicated! As the doors open, welcoming
you to your first year at an elite Art College, you wonder...will the pieces you create here have the
ability to amaze? You never thought the guys you met here would be the amazing ones. Welcome
to Dream Savior Gakuen©.

Please feel free to comment! This year I've established a new/small Indie Games company called Soulsoft© and so any suggestions will help us with our future PC visual novels. Hopefully we can expand somehow. Visit my online gallery if you enjoyed the art in Dream Savior Gakuen© at http://illuminate001.deviantart.com/. Thanks!

Image Image

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: Dream Savior Gakuen 100% Full Release!

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

Whhatt!? A Key-style BL game? How is that possible? XD

It all sounded really good when you said it was like Clannad and Key and I was getting all excited... But then you said there was BL and now I'm too scared to download the thing. Umm... Just how much BL? o_o;

illuminate001

#3 Post by illuminate001 »

Ah hahaha no worries Ms.Fan. I didn't want it to completely alienate all the non-BL lovers out there. As a str8 girl you can play the game prolly and with a tiny bit of imagination (seriously just a tiny bit. lol) you'll feel like your playing a Girl pursues Boy game. Just think of it as being in a "Harem" anime cept your the solitary single female with guys all vying for your attention.

Just pretend Okazaki (You) are a girl and Fuko, Kyou, Nagisa, Kotomi, and Tomoyo have become their male equivalents.

There is no real smut or terribly degrading fanservice stuff. I think any girl would find it pretty tasteful still. Hope you enjoy it! tell me wut you think ok? I'd be honored. =)

renkenjutsu
Regular

#4 Post by renkenjutsu »

Fear is the little death that bla bla bla *click*

Will give feedback after I'm done :) The screenshots intrigued me. Has a Dragon Ball Z feel to it o.o;;;; (maybe it's just that football jock with the six packs).

edit: Oh poor Mac users like me :( You planning on releasing the Mac and Linux versions of the game as well?
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#5 Post by akemicchi »

Aww... there's no ending for Jaja? He was so adorable! I was like, "I LIKE-LIKE YOU TOO WHERE'S THE OPTION" but then I realized that that would've been a little... XDD;

I've gotten the Coach Ending (lmao, that was so scary!) my first playthrough, and then I got one of Sato's Endings. I was a little scared of Marlain when I first saw him, since he had such wide, child-bearing hips and beautiful nails, too. My head was screaming "BISHOUJO!" instead of "BISHOUNEN!" when he appeared. XD;

I really liked the music, and I liked the characters, too! Keeves's appearance and Polar's extremely ripped abs scared me, though, and Jaja's speech was a little hard to understand at first, but then I got used to it. :D I enjoyed playing it.

illuminate001

#6 Post by illuminate001 »

renkenjutsu wrote: Will give feedback after I'm done :) The screenshots intrigued me. Has a Dragon Ball Z feel to it o.o;;;; (maybe it's just that football jock with the six packs).

edit: Oh poor Mac users like me :( You planning on releasing the Mac and Linux versions of the game as well?
Awww, yeah play it and let me know wut you think renkenjutsu. So you're a mac user huh? C the thing is I started working on "Dream Savior Gakuen" while I was in Philippines as a side project on my cousins computer. When I got back I realized I didn't have enuff space on my flashdrive and could only bring home 1 version. So I opted for the PC version.

Ok I'll C wut I can do bout getting the Mac version up 2day!

#7 Post by Guest »

akemicchi wrote:Aww... there's no ending for Jaja? He was so adorable! I was like, "I LIKE-LIKE YOU TOO WHERE'S THE OPTION" but then I realized that that would've been a little... XDD;

I've gotten the Coach Ending (lmao, that was so scary!) my first playthrough, and then I got one of Sato's Endings. I was a little scared of Marlain when I first saw him, since he had such wide, child-bearing hips and beautiful nails, too. My head was screaming "BISHOUJO!" instead of "BISHOUNEN!" when he appeared. XD;

I really liked the music, and I liked the characters, too! Keeves's appearance and Polar's extremely ripped abs scared me, though, and Jaja's speech was a little hard to understand at first, but then I got used to it. :D I enjoyed playing it.
Ah hahaha! You got the joke ending at 1st?! Sorry about that..I know that was kinda weird Akemicchi. Thing is its kinda hard to get that ending so...maybe ur lucky? lol.

The music is mostly from the CLANNAD OST although I tried to give every guy their own theme song sorta. Im glad you enjoyed it tho *WHoo hOo!*. Just outta curiousity after playing meeting all the characters who were you *trying* to hookup with? (Oh ya and not to spoil anything but you cant hook up with Jaja...Shota is CREEPY! xD )

illuminate001

#8 Post by illuminate001 »

Guest wrote: Ah hahaha! You got the joke ending at 1st?! Sorry about that..etc etc
That last post was by me btw. (Im no good at forums! lol) :roll:

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by gekiganwing »

Welcome to insanity-land, illuminate001. I'm glad to hear that you survived your Newgrounds experiences without saying, "That was such fanboy trash. I never want to think about it again." (I discovered Tales of Lemma just weeks before I found their Eva and Love Hina fangames. If the opposite had been true, I might've been filled with despair.)

If you read the Clannad ren'ai game review on Ex-Fansubber (http://www.minaidehazukashii.com/hinano), you'll hear that in the actual game, the writers were constantly giving shout-outs to female fans.

renkenjutsu
Regular

#10 Post by renkenjutsu »

Ummmm.... I kinda got this: >.<

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

IndexError: list index out of range

While running game code:
 - script at line 2646 of D:\John\Games\renpy-6.6.0\Dream Savior Gakuen/game/script.rpy

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 210, in bootstrap
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/main.py", line 303, in main
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/main.py", line 92, in run
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/execution.py", line 199, in run
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/ast.py", line 859, in execute
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/exports.py", line 636, in with_statement
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/display/core.py", line 1122, in do_with
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/display/core.py", line 1250, in interact
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/display/core.py", line 1696, in interact_core
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/display/layout.py", line 581, in event
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/display/transition.py", line 57, in event
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/display/transition.py", line 57, in event
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/display/layout.py", line 581, in event
  File "/Users/renkenjutsu/Documents/Downloaded contents/renpy-6.6.1/renpy/display/layout.py", line 131, in event
IndexError: list index out of range

While running game code:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.6.1c
Myuuuuu ;_; Nice game though :) Really high quality. Though I don't think I like the use of copyrighted songs in it, but that's just me.

p/s: I kept my sanity by putting my name as Miria while playing the game. The mindset served me well :P
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

illuminate001

#11 Post by illuminate001 »

gekiganwing wrote:Welcome to insanity-land, illuminate001. I'm glad to hear that you survived your Newgrounds experiences without saying, "That was such fanboy trash. I never want to think about it again." (I discovered Tales of Lemma just weeks before I found their Eva and Love Hina fangames. If the opposite had been true, I might've been filled with despair.)
Yeah 4 real. I went on Newgrounds and was playing this dating sim. I was doin AWESUM at it! (I remembered her sign and beat up her ex boyfriend. lol) Then I think I got the good ending and subjected to...uh...yeah...and I was only 14 at the time! I thought I was going to see bubbles and sparkles and roses sorta deal. I was pretty "WHOA'd" out so i havent been on NEW Grounds since.

illuminate001

#12 Post by illuminate001 »

renkenjutsu wrote:Ummmm.... I kinda got this: >.<

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

Myuuuuu ;_; Nice game though :) Really high quality. Though I don't think I like the use of copyrighted songs in it, but that's just me. 

p/s: I kept my sanity by putting my name as Miria while playing the game. The mindset served me well :P[/quote]

Ok well I checked the error (Thanks for reporting it btw Renken!) but I couldn't find anything wrong with line 2646. Theres no real event or coding that shoulda caused that error. Are you running the windows version on a mac?

Good news it if you were I just put up the mac version for dwnld on my website. Lemme know how it works out for ya!

PS. About the music thing...i know, if i could compose stuff myself I would lol. But I figured since this was dedicated to CLANNAD and I used their OST anyways that it be best just to go on with it and credit everyone at the end.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#13 Post by Deji »

That was a really nice game! *applauds*
I wish the character changed emotions, thou... Still the art was really nice! =D
I grew to like all the characters, even if in the beggining they kind of irked me XD;

Too bad I didn't got anybody on my first try, boo... I wanted Sato ToT...
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#14 Post by Samu-kun »

Fufufu... I'm a guy. *points to the "kun" at the end of his name. :3

Woaahh... Too much BL for me. *hides under blankets* It looks pretty good, but what I have of my masculinity prevents me from playing this with a straight face. XD But can I mirror it on the Renai Archives just the same?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by monele »

Psst, Samu, "-kun" can be used for girls too ;) (a teacher to a girl student for example)