A Date With Madness [NaNo18] [GxG] [Romance, Comedy, ...Horror]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
saetan

A Date With Madness [NaNo18] [GxG] [Romance, Comedy, ...Horror]

#1 Post by saetan »

A Date With Madness

Hello there (O uO)/

Nanoreno is here and after seeing it pass by without doing anything except fantasizing and regretting, I want to give it a shot

Here goes (9O uO)9

- story -

Rin is a curious girl. You can often find her in the library nestled among such titles as Niverly City's Most Haunted, Helletian Renaissance Magic, and Visitors From The Stars.

Is a strange phenomenon happening? You can bet you'll find her there, taking pictures. A blurry blur in a haunted house? A streak of grey in the sky? A smudge on the lens? No! Ghosts and aliens! The truth is out there, you know?

But it's never been more than that. No crisp photo, no selfie with a greenling. There's never been anything she could call definitive proof. Before her eyes, nothing has ever convinced her, and doubt is creeping in.

So when the librarian accidentally pulls her into another dimension, filled with vibrating illogical landscapes, holes is spacetime, and a vast unending network of writhing threads for a sky, she has to learn more. She has to see more. Who is that librarian? What is Nancy?

The truth is right before Rin's eyes, but will Nancy give her the answers she's looking for? Can Rin's mind even survive an encounter with the true nature of the world, let alone comprehend it? What better way is there to find out than with a date?

- characters -

Rin
She's a quiet one but by no means shy. She's just up in her head most of the time. But if you ask her what she's thinking about, you're in for a ride. Ghost stories, conspiracies, aliens, angels, and demons: if that's what you're into, you'll find a friend in her. Always up for adventure, she seeks out the strange, the mystical, and the fantastic. She'll witness for herself the truth about the universe, at any cost.

Nancy
...or that's what she calls herself. The part-time librarian at Niverly Academy. She is always there, always watching, and always taking care of the guests of her library. She doesn't speak much and she's hardly noticeable. In fact, it's only natural she's so unnaturally hard to notice: she can and does slip between dimensions at will, even at work. At least a few millenia old, this visitor from another plane knows of the true nature of the world, of worlds beyond this one, and of things humans have forgotten to see.

- questions -

1. What do you think of the concept?
2. What do you think of the characters?
3. Thoughts on the character design?
4. Any questions?

Thank you for reading this far.
Hope you all have a fun nanoreno :D
Will update soon (> u<)7

- updates -
[March 2 - Art Rough Drafts In]
[March 5 - Rough title screen in (Coming Soon)]
[March 6 - Act 1 - 50% complete]
Last edited by saetan on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

femslashfatale
Regular
Projects: Match Made in Heaven, Worlds Without You, Fight or Flirt!

Re: A Date With Madness [NaNo18] [GxG] [Romance, Comedy, ...Horror]

#2 Post by femslashfatale »

1. What do you think of the concept?
i am ALWAYS up for dating cosmic horrors, this seems very fun
the protag's personality seems like the endearing idiot type, i like her, and im curious to find out what the librarians all about
both girls are cute! i like protag's hair

saetan

Re: A Date With Madness [NaNo18] [GxG] [Romance, Comedy, ...Horror]

#3 Post by saetan »

femslashfatale wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:49 pm 1. What do you think of the concept?
i am ALWAYS up for dating cosmic horrors, this seems very fun
the protag's personality seems like the endearing idiot type, i like her, and im curious to find out what the librarians all about
both girls are cute! i like protag's hair
Thanks so much for the replies XD I was trying to figure out an image for protag, and ended up scribbling for her hair and happily landed on curly :3