Arrears [NaNo18] [Fantasy] [Kinetic]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Loreen
Organization: Kasztan Studio

Arrears [NaNo18] [Fantasy] [Kinetic]

#1 Post by Loreen »

Hello guys!
We’re starting in NaNoRenO 2018 as a pair of friends. Our goal this month would be developing short project. We have no idea if we can finish whole thing, but beta version that is playable will be our sign of success. After march we plan to polish project up and translate it to english. Wish us luck!
„Arrears” is short fantasy adventure story.

Summary:

Kradri, sorrcerer who has his own shop, falls into debt after one of his enchantment goods causes troubles for crime syndicate. To save his property and life he has to lend his powers in a small quest... hopefully it’s worth it.

Characters:

Our goals for this Month:

Basic:
Rough writing: 3/10
Polish script: 0/10 main scenes
Backgrounds: 6/6
coding:
logotype:done

We want them done but not necessery:
CG
additional backgrounds
additional sprites poses
custom Gui
some fancy effects

Probably added after March:
Text translation
Unique music

Last edited by Loreen on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

Re: Arrears [NaNo18]

#2 Post by wyverngem »

:D Looks nice. How do you pronouce Kradri? I really like his headshot so far. Good luck with the game.

Loreen

#3 Post by Loreen »

wyverngem wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 pm :D Looks nice. How do you pronouce Kradri? I really like his headshot so far. Good luck with the game.
Thank you a lot!
Reading of Kradri name would be: (like k in sKy)-ra(like a god RA)- D(accented)-ri(like in RIver) - should sound rather harsh in reading.

Loreen

#4 Post by Loreen »

Image First update!Image

First day of March I started with sketching most important backgrounds for our project, all approved by writer who will spent next week in ski resort. Wish her awesome holidays!
Also yesterday I worked on corridor BG but finished version will appear in next update.

Last edited by Loreen on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Loreen

#5 Post by Loreen »

Image 07.03 UpdateImage

Hello guys! We have some progress on artwork ~ check out new background that I manage to finish today !

Last edited by Loreen on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

Those backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous. c: I'm curious about the symbols on the wall in the first two.

Loreen

#7 Post by Loreen »

Image 13.03 UpdateImage

I'm really glad to hear your kind words Zelan, That's big motivation! All symbols/runes that are present in locations indicates spells/magic and have a role in plot ;)

Abbie is now back from her holidays. She made progress on logo (updated in first post if you want to check it out) and start sketching sprites

I'm pushing backgrounds and there is only one more 'MUST BE' location on my to do list! However i need some more description from Abbie so it will be finished in later date... but nevertheless it's huge progress ^^

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Arrears [NaNo18] [Fantasy] [Kinetic]

#8 Post by Zelan »

I love the forest background! It's a setting that I see used a lot in VNs but I never get tired of it, I love seeing how different artists draw their forests. The logo is cool, too, I like the antlers at the bottom.

Loreen

#9 Post by Loreen »

Image 19.03 UpdateImage

Since last update I’ve worked on coding, so today i can share this screenshots with You.
I’ve learned a lot of things and resolved some technical problems during these days, so I hope that from now on there wont be any struggles:). Finaly last background is finished and we move on sprites departament. Hopefully next screenshot will be with finished Arion sprite.

For gui we’re using https://gumroad.com/l/POpwT . It’s amazing piece from Luna Chai Li who was kind enough to help me with some difficulties

Thank you Zelan for your support!<3

Loreen

#10 Post by Loreen »

Image 27.03 UpdateImage

We finished almost all character sprites so we would like to share with You another two screenshots.

Abbie
Projects: Siren's Ballad
Tumblr: sirensballad-vn
Deviantart: kairek
itch: kairekxkairek

#11 Post by Abbie »

ImageStatus UpdateImage

Hello guys, Abbie here.

Loreen and I had busy holidays, but we're going to wrap up demo build of Arrears and continue our work here after march.

Our NanoRenO build will be available on itch.io soon.

It will consist of alfa part one of polish script (no translation for now). It wasn't spell checked and will be probably rewritten (at least partially), there will be some changes in coding and scene composition later too.

It's going to be very raw and unpolished, but we want to share how far we manage to go during this month. It was great experience to work on this project this month and we still hope it will turn to enjoyable short story, even if we didn't finish everything in March.

We might move progress of our project from Nanoreno thread to regular 'in progress' subforum.

Thank you for all the support along the way and hope to see you soon too~
ImageImage