Dungeons and Don't Do It [GxG][NaNo18][Comedy][Complete Beta]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

Re: Dungeons and Don't Do It [GxG][NaNo18][Comedy]

#16 Post by 78909087 »

Zelan wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 pm Hmm, what kind of name are you looking for? How about Lia? Meghan? Yuli?

Just some random ideas, haha. Not sure if you're looking for fantasy-ish names or more modern-day ones.
:')
It's her DnD character, a human, but in fantasy setting. I like Yuli, but I don't think it's perfect. Still, it's better than "Grace but DnD" so I'm going to steal re-purpose it as a placeholder. It's similar to one of my friends, Yuliya, which has a very feminine air about it, but the shortness is a nice balance. Thanks for the help! I'll send a PM for a 'cheat' :')
I am not friends with the sun.

Veteran

Re: Dungeons and Don't Do It [GxG][NaNo18][Comedy][Update 16/3]

#17 Post by 78909087 »

Updated the main post!

Also implemented a dice rolling, modifier and stat check system, so the actual mainframe of the game works now.

I'm adding in the story piece by piece to check the code. If anyone would like to volunteer to beta, let me know!

milkteebaby
Regular
Projects: PS: I Love You
Tumblr: milkteebaby
Deviantart: milkteebaby

#18 Post by milkteebaby »

I can beta! <3

Veteran

#19 Post by 78909087 »

milkteebaby wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 am I can beta! <3
I'll PM you when there's a beta!

Ofc, the cheat code will come with so you can test thoroughly.

milkteebaby
Regular
Projects: PS: I Love You
Tumblr: milkteebaby
Deviantart: milkteebaby

#20 Post by milkteebaby »

78909087 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:51 am
I'll PM you when there's a beta!

Ofc, the cheat code will come with so you can test thoroughly.
Great, looking forward to it!

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#21 Post by Red-Baby »

I want to beta please =D

Veteran

#22 Post by 78909087 »

The way things are looking, I should have a working beta in a dropbox by the 26th.
I am aiming for before that, but realistically, I'm not able to type as fast as I would like. (When will they make instant brain to text damn it)

The quest with the chicken (rooster) is 100% complete, you can already kill people, and the main story-line is progressing well. I have about 80% of the images I need now, and so I'm able to go forward with relative ease and less "oh no will I be able to account for __". The main villain is done, the surrounding check-point quests are planned, and I'm on it.

I've realized there are many things that would have gone so much smoother if I had planned to join NaNo before the day of, but hindsight is 20/20, and I hope I can produce a worthwhile game with the time I have left.

I've spent approximately 160 hours scouring CC forums for images, sprites, backgrounds and music.

I'm lucky to have had ejtanmusic's help with some unique music!
Thanks for sprites and backgrounds will be included in game, and I will make sure to message each artist with a link afterwards, so you can all see what you have helped create!

Thank you everyone for your support!

Veteran

Re: Dungeons and Don't Do It [GxG][NaNo18][Comedy][Update 28/3]

#23 Post by 78909087 »

It's with tired eyes and a heavy heart I announce I will be releasing a beta for NaNoRenO 2018.

It will be the complete game, in it's original idea, but there will be a few things I'd like to work on and tweak before re-releasing afterwards.

My health took a turn for the worse as of a few days ago, and I've fallen behind schedule. It's not something I can make up in the time I have left, and so, I apologize to any and all that were waiting on me.

I will continue this game even after NaNo, and upload the completed game in the same place as the beta I will be submitting. I hope you all can still enjoy the idea and hard work put into this game by all involved.

I hope to hear of improvements once the beta is uploaded. I will work on the game for a short period afterwards, and so any mistakes or minor fixes will be taken into consideration.

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Re: Dungeons and Don't Do It [GxG][NaNo18][Comedy][Update 29/3]

#24 Post by Red-Baby »

Get better soon!! Don't overwork yourself and take your time Pace, your health is most important.
Excited to see the beta. =]

Veteran

Re: Dungeons and Don't Do It [GxG][NaNo18][Comedy][Update 29/3]

#25 Post by 78909087 »

Did I start to upload things to this website, then get bitten by my mom's dog and totally forget to submit my post or update my page for three more days? Nahhhh not at all...

Do I have the links for the downloads right here, though? Yes. Yes I do.

You can find it at my itch.io here, or at Dropbox here.

I'm sleepy as hell so I'll make the finished "completed game" reboot to the OP when I wake up... Hehe...

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Dungeons and Don't Do It [GxG][NaNo18][Comedy][Complete Beta]

#26 Post by Zelan »

I finally got to play this! It was hilarious, you did a great job coming up with zany situations for the characters to get into. And I grew surprisingly fond of Zeke after just a few scenes. <3
Grace/Yuli managed to take down the wizard pretty much entirely without my help, haha. We had Kuro kill the mayor for energy and that was probably the best decision I've ever made in my entire life. He was a little bitch.