(Idea for a Visual novel!!!) People Like Us!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
GrammaHobbes
Regular

(Idea for a Visual novel!!!) People Like Us!

#1 Post by GrammaHobbes »

People Like Us!
Summary
(I should mention the stuff that gave me inspiration was {Durarara-anime} and {Hustle cat-Visual novel}
There are billions of people on this earth, everyone lives by rules, regulations, morals, and the pursuit of normal lives everyone agrees to live by and strive for. You're born, got to school, you study, get a job, get married, have kids, grow old, and die. Anyone outside of that 'norm' is consider to be weirdo's or freaks, punks or criminals, lazy or stupid.
Title logo1.png
After you graduate highschool, a few years pass (Gender and name will be choseable-Male, Female, and non-binary characters.) and you find yourself still living with you mother and her new husband who is always working and is never home leaving your mother all by herself. You have no job, no aspirations, you would rather play video games, or laze about. After getting in a fight with your mother, you go to the arcade with your childhood friend Andrew, there he says that his uncle is hiring at his Ramen-shop, however you decline, at first still mad at the fight you had with you mother only but hours ago. Late at night heading home, you take a shortcut and then a stranger appears- more like comes crashing in. After the events that happen, (things happen trust me.) You then decide to take Andrew up on his offer and take the job at the Ramen shop and there the stranger you met that night is there! (I'm trying to keep the story and characters as vague as possible. hehe sorry. so only pictures an sketches and names for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update!
So far the prologue is completely written and now I am starting on the different arches and characters- More concept and ideas have been decided!However it is still slow going, and a project I'm still working on alone and in my free time, so there will be no set release date! wish me luck!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters
(Main character/female sprite)
Female sprite.png
Andrew Johnson
Andrew sprite.png
Penelope Williams
Penelope sprite.png
Marko Johnson
Marko sprite.png
Damien Jacobs
Damien sprite.png
Ethan Myers
Ethan sprite.png
Diana Price
Diana sprite.png
May Summers
May sprite.png
Rei Price
Rei Sprite.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NPCs
Fate Magician
Fate sprite.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extra stuff!
Damien cg.png
Ramen Bowl1.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More characters and npcs will be added in later.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by GrammaHobbes on Wed May 30, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

Re: (Idea for a Visual novel!!!) People Like Us!

#2 Post by Neeka »

This sounds pretty interesting! :) I'm excited to learn more about that characters and their relation to the the MC. ^-^

Garin T
Completed: Mutant Football League
Projects: Television script for Bordello of Horror, short story scripts.

#3 Post by Garin T »

I'm intrigued by the story. Can't wait to hear more about it.

GrammaHobbes
Regular

#4 Post by GrammaHobbes »

Aww thankyou!!! It's a slow going project because i'm working all by myself on all of the stuff (Art, GUI, Coding, etc.) but anytime I update anything i'll post it here. I might try to get a coder because that it my weakness! But thank you for saying you are interested in what little I gave you.

georgiebao
itch: georgiebao

#5 Post by georgiebao »

This sounds like a fun story!! I'm especially intrigued by Ethan with the paper bag over his head...

ParrotWatcher
Regular
Completed: Unearth your Gays
Projects: Lovecraft Academy
Tumblr: parrotwatcher
itch: parrotwatcher

#6 Post by ParrotWatcher »

As a fan of DRRR, I think this sounds fun. The summary is a bit lacking, but then I realise how hard it would be to summarise DRRR without spoiling anything ("a boy goes to the city to go to school with his best friend and... stuff happens")... :P I'm certainly interested in finding out more.
Please check out my BL WiP, Lovecraft Academy!

GrammaHobbes
Regular

#7 Post by GrammaHobbes »

ParrotWatcher wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:06 pm As a fan of DRRR, I think this sounds fun. The summary is a bit lacking, but then I realise how hard it would be to summarise DRRR without spoiling anything ("a boy goes to the city to go to school with his best friend and... stuff happens")... :P I'm certainly interested in finding out more.
Yes I agree, it's very vague lol- boy goes out and gets into trouble, pretty much sums it up. The other reason is because I'm changing things back and forth, so I don't want to say one thing and then I change it to another, also it will take me a while to finish because i'm working on other things, this is more a fun thing i'm working on when I have free time, so I don't expect to release it this year (Again i'm doing everything on my own, because I don't have the money to pay people, and I would feel bad if I didn't pay them for their work, for as much as I want to do. though I might hire a coder because...I can't code to save my life.)

But if you want a little spoiler...
'superpowers' that's all i'll say.
Last edited by GrammaHobbes on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

GrammaHobbes
Regular

#8 Post by GrammaHobbes »

georgiebao wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:21 am This sounds like a fun story!! I'm especially intrigued by Ethan with the paper bag over his head...

Yes Ethan is a very intriguing character-- everyone always asks about him. Hint:
There a very good reason he's wears the paper bag over his head, it's not because of any insecurity he may or may not have, it's because of his power.