Writer/Editor looking for work or interesting projects

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Niteowl

Writer/Editor looking for work or interesting projects

#1 Post by Niteowl »

Hi guys,

I'm an experienced writer/editor (occasionally translator) who also enjoys, in his free time, video games/manga/anime/hentai/fiction (writing/editing/reading) etc.

I'm posting here because I'm interested in diversifying my current work (details to follow), I am genuinely interested in video games/visual novels etc, including NSFW, and I'm always interested in any kind of creative endeavors.
I've also tried playing a few different games/visual novels, recently, and honestly I feel like most of them, although maybe excellent in other ways, could really use some real editing (misspellings, sentences that make no sense, inconsistencies in the narrative or the characters, the list goes on and on).

Here's a short overview of work I've done in the past
Professional editing for both fiction and non-fiction.
To elaborate, I've done extensive editing work on theses, academic papers, online content, and articles in trade journals.
I specialize in papers written by non-native speakers, I have a lot of experience in that field and I can guarantee editing of the highest quality
(remuneration to be determined depending on the project, but generally I charge less for editing fiction)
Among other projects, I'm currently working with a University of Washington professor, a non-native speaker, editing academic papers published in professional journals (medical field), syllabi, course descriptions and so on.
I've also edited fiction (mainly short stories) for local writers, mostly genre fiction (SF, fantasy, thrillers, erotica).

I also enjoy writing fiction. I'm currently working on my second novel (a thriller with fantastic/surreal elements) and I dabbled with NSFW erotica in the past (short stories and some 3D art with accompanying narrative).

In summary:
I can offer professional editing services for fiction or non-fiction (attention to detail, able to work with deadlines, a lot of experience editing translations from other languages or texts written by non-native speakers).
I am interested in writing fiction, including NSFW, and I am open to collaborating on interesting projects (NSFW/SF/Fantasy/Thrillers in video games, visual novels, RPGs, and others depending on whether I find the project interesting). I'm also interested in game design and could contribute ideas in that field.

Finally, I should briefly mention that I have done some translations from Japanese and I occasionally enjoy dabbling with 3D art.
Honestly, I cannot offer professional services in those field but it's something that could come in handy for certain collaborations, or something I might be willing to volunteer time for.

Please contact me any time if you'd like to see samples of my work.

Sorry for the long post, take care.

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

Re: Writer/Editor looking for work or interesting projects

#2 Post by MoonStar »

hi im not really sure but i think your presenting your self a bit to broad and wide in a place that's looking for one single thing and thats being VN's you do start talking a bit about it but then brush it off in favor of going wide.

I dont mean to offend you but i rather read more about your opinion and work(or how would you work) in/with a vn then hear about your academic stuff.

Again i dont mean to offend you just saying that in niche place you should focus in showing how you can help that part. Your not going to go at a interview in a bakery and tell them how your a good accountant and/or lawyer right?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

MoonStar wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:28 am I dont mean to offend you but i rather read more about your opinion and work(or how would you work) in/with a vn then hear about your academic stuff.
I don't mean to offend you, but I, for one, would have killed for an experienced proofreader at several points in my creative past. And if someone can proofread academic texts (and stay focused), they pretty sure can proofread fiction.

You do your thing, Niteowl.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#4 Post by MoonStar »

Taleweaver wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:58 am I dont mean to offend you but i rather read more about your opinion and work(or how would you work) in/with a vn then hear about your academic stuff.
I don't mean to offend you, but I, for one, would have killed for an experienced proofreader at several points in my creative past. And if someone can proofread academic texts (and stay focused), they pretty sure can proofread fiction.
Np no offense taken but i didnt mean i wouldn't either i was just saying that in the first impression post you should go in more detail about the job post your applying for and the briefly mention the rest after as an extra. That's what i meant sry it came out to judging or the wrong way.

izanami
Regular
Completed: un/FRAGMENT.
Projects: Minami,
Organization: Izakiko Paradox
itch: izakikoparadox
Discord: ragyuo

#5 Post by izanami »

Are you still looking for work?