Dedicated and Experienced Writer for Hire [OPEN] [PAID]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Yulia
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams & Reality~, SSWK, The Queen of Blackwood High
Projects: Honey Trap, Sweet As Magic, Mizari Loves Company, Picture Perfect Romance, Luna Piena ~Descent into Darkness~, EDD, AOGTSR, Possessions
Organization: Reine Works, Crystal Compass
itch: crystal-compass

Dedicated and Experienced Writer for Hire [OPEN] [PAID]

#1 Post by Yulia »

Hi! My name is Weslee, you can call me Wes for short. I'm an avid reader who loves writing and has plenty of experience playing visual novels and RPGs. I offer my writing service.

I have been working in the VN field for over a year now and gained a lot of experience through it. I've written and developed/directed multiple titles and am excited to create more! I am primarily a freelance writer and am working under Reine Works as a writer for their visual novels. I currently am producing my own visual novels under my game dev group Crystal Compass.

Please visit my writing portfolio for the samples of my works and information on all the projects I have worked on and am currently working on. You can view it here!

Past Projects:
An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer (Writer)
Possessions (Writer) (Three Bards Entertainment)
Reflections ~Dreams and Reality~ (Writer) (Reine Works)
Signed and Sealed with a Kiss (Writer) (Reine Works)
The Queen of Blackwood High (Head Writer, Co-Director) (RhinoGearz)
Mizari Loves Company (Writer) (Reine Works)
Cold Hearts [NaNoRenO 2019] (Writer) (John Lim)

Current Projects:
Luna Piena ~Descent into Darkness~ [Webnovel] (Writer) (Aurelia Leo Publishing)
Honey Trap [NaNoRenO 2019] (Writer, Developer, Director, Programmer) (Crystal Compass)
Sweet as Magic [Yaoi Game Jam 2019] (Writer, Developer, Director) (Crystal Compass)
Every Day's Different (Head Writer) (Snowfall Studio)
Picture Perfect Romance (Writer, Proofreader, Character Concept Director, Co-Director) (Crystal Compass) [Hiatus]

Writing Samples:
**All writing samples are my original works, if you are interested in using these ideas please contact me.**
Sample 1 (Supernatural, Romance, GxG)
Sample 2 (Adventure, Fantasy)
Sample 3 (Romance, Drama, Fantasy, GxB)
Sample 4 (Drama, Action, Romance, BxB)
Sample 5 (Action, Drama, Supernatural, BxB)
Sample 6 (Horror, Suspense, Thriller)
Sample 7 (Crime, Suspense, Drama)
Sample 8 (Drama, Action)

Genres Accepted:
All ratings (G, PG, PG-13, R-18) are accepted. For other specific genres please check with me beforehand. The writing style can also be adapted if needed.

Fantasy
Supernatural
Romance
Adventure
Action
Comedy
Horror
Suspense
GL(GxG)/BL(BxB)/Yuri/Yaoi/Otome(GxB)
RPG/JRPG
R-18

Writing Services:
$0.03/word
**Rates are negotiable, please discuss them with me in detail if you are interested!**

Slot 1: OPEN
Slot 2: OPEN
Slot 3: CLOSED

Terms:
  • I reserve the right to decline requests.
  • Please provide several methods of communication so I may update/contact you while working on the project. I prefer Discord or email. If you would like to contact me directly via Discord please add me at Wes#0816.
  • Rates are negotiable, such as payment plans depending on your budget, so please discuss them with me.
  • I request that I be given credit in the project in exchange for my services.
  • I understand and respect your schedule, deadlines, requests, and suggestions/feedback so I ask that you do the same for me.
Payment:
All payments will be made through PayPal. I am also open to discussing payment plans if needed, so please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are interested in discussing your project with me in detail you may email me at weslee.rk@gmail.com, PM me, or contact me directly via Discord (Wes#0816). This post will be updated frequently once I start accepting jobs. I look forward to working with you!
Last edited by Yulia on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:07 am, edited 30 times in total.
Wes (Crystal Compass)
~ Writer, Art Director, Narrative Designer, Developer ~

ImageImage
ImageImage

Dharker
Regular

Re: Writer [OPEN] [FREE/PAID]

#2 Post by Dharker »

pm sent about a paid position.

oOhanaOo
Regular
Projects: The poisoned rose/The dark diamond
Deviantart: Hana44440

#3 Post by oOhanaOo »

I sent you an email

Yulia
Regular
Projects: Honey Trap, Sweet As Magic, Mizari Loves Company, Picture Perfect Romance, Luna Piena ~Descent into Darkness~, EDD, AOGTSR, Possessions

#4 Post by Yulia »

One paid position slot has been filled! The first and last position slot will be based on a tentative schedule as I will have more projects to handle during the upcoming summer and fall, but please feel free to contact me!
Wes (Crystal Compass)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Yulia
Regular

Re: Dedicated and Experienced Writer for Hire [OPEN] [PAID]

#5 Post by Yulia »

Hi everyone! I have a new update on this post, here are some changes that have been made:
  1. Rate (Price is still negotiable so please contact me for more details.)
  2. A new writing sample has been included! All writing samples have been revised and edited, so please read them at your leisure.
  3. Two slots are now open again. The last spot is reserved for projects with less than 10k words needed, but I'm willing to take on any projects that have a flexible schedule since I will be busy with university in the fall.
  4. My writing portfolio is now up and running! I'm in the process of creating a resume, so please stay tuned for that.
If you have any questions or inquiries please contact me via email or PM!
Wes (Crystal Compass)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Yulia
Regular

#6 Post by Yulia »

Hello again! This is just another little update, I've added another writing sample and made some minor edits to this forum post overall. There have been some changes in my schedule so I will be able to accept larger projects for both of my slots now. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding your project.
Wes (Crystal Compass)

ImageImage
ImageImage

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

#7 Post by renkka »

I can’t recommend Wes enough. I’ve worked with her on several projects, including “Signed and Sealed with a Kiss” and “An Otaku’s Guide to Santa’s Reindeer.”

Not only is Wes punctual with deadlines and project guidelines, but is also extremely dedicated and passionate about her work. She has a knack for details and organization and always has a lot to contribute, whether it’s constructive feedback or ideas for a script. She is a remarkable writer and deeply considers all aspects of storytelling, from characterization to dialogue and the connectivity of the plot.

She’s also highly communicative, friendly, and genuinely cares about your project. She is an abolute pleasure to work with and always goes above and beyond to make projects a success.
Renkka
Writer, Editor, Narrative Designer

Yulia
Regular

#8 Post by Yulia »

Happy holidays everyone! I'm back again with an updated post and a new writing sample! I also happen to be working on an R18 sample for those that would like to see my NSFW writing then please stay tuned for that. If you would like to read it please feel free to send me a PM or email if you are interested in commissioning me for that.
Wes (Crystal Compass)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Yulia
Regular

#9 Post by Yulia »

renkka wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:14 am I can’t recommend Wes enough. I’ve worked with her on several projects, including “Signed and Sealed with a Kiss” and “An Otaku’s Guide to Santa’s Reindeer.”

Not only is Wes punctual with deadlines and project guidelines, but is also extremely dedicated and passionate about her work. She has a knack for details and organization and always has a lot to contribute, whether it’s constructive feedback or ideas for a script. She is a remarkable writer and deeply considers all aspects of storytelling, from characterization to dialogue and the connectivity of the plot.

She’s also highly communicative, friendly, and genuinely cares about your project. She is an abolute pleasure to work with and always goes above and beyond to make projects a success.
Thanks a bunch, Ren! She's such a sweet person to work with and an extremely talented writer, I highly recommend her as well! If there's anyone I know that can write like nobody's business, it's definitely her. Please check out her post as well!
Wes (Crystal Compass)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Yulia
Regular

#10 Post by Yulia »

Hello! It's been a busy few months but I've opened up two slots for projects again! I've been directing and writing for The Queen of Blackwood High so I was dedicating quite a bit of time towards that project, but I'm incredibly excited to say that it's been completed and released on Steam! Please check it out if you're interested!

Now as for the two slots available, I would prefer if the projects were smaller ones (i.e. less than 40k), but please feel free to contact me about your project regardless. I'm resuming my studies in April so I'll be a bit busier then, but rest assured I will keep you updated on my progress.

I've also revamped the look of my portfolio, so please check it out if you'd like to! My writing samples have also been given little updates as well.
Wes (Crystal Compass)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Yulia
Regular

#11 Post by Yulia »

Hello again and happy May to all! Two slots are available for consideration, I will be selective in the projects since I am currently taking classes, but please feel free to contact me. I have a new writing sample for a little preview of my writing style! If you are interested in what I have been up to recently, please follow me on Twitter! I have been planning and working on the updated demo build for Honey Trap, but if you would like to check out the NaNoRenO 2019 build, you can play it here!

Crystal Compass also has a Patreon now! Please feel to check it out, and if you would like to help support me through Ko-fi I'd really appreciate it!
Wes (Crystal Compass)

ImageImage
ImageImage