Novelty: ScrollCanvas and Buttons Issue

For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
Erotome
Regular
Projects: Paws & Effect, RE4: Otome Edition
Organization: Shimmersoft
Tumblr: erotomesoft
Deviantart: Erotome

Novelty: ScrollCanvas and Buttons Issue

#1 Post by Erotome »

So I've encountered a little technical hurdle in Novelty and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions: I have a ScrollCanvas filled with buttons. The buttons are supposed to direct to different pages (it's a Chapter Select). The buttons have an assigned position so that they're the same distance from one another. And when you scroll the canvas, the default images of the buttons scroll normally - no problem so far.

Here's the problem: the hover/click area of the button doesn't seem to scroll with the canvas. So if there's a button at 550 pixels down (imagine the Canvas ends at 300 pixels), the default image will slide up, but the hover image doesn't activate unless your mouse cursor is over where the button would be if not scrolled. This also means that buttons positioned too far down can't be clicked.

Does anyone have any idea whether I need to change some settings so that the entirety of the button is scrolled within the canvas?
Play the demo our latest game, Paws & Effect: My Dogs Are Human!

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Novelty: ScrollCanvas and Buttons Issue

#2 Post by fleet »

I'd recommend you contact 8oni at deviantart. He's the smartest person I know who works with Novelty.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.