Shi-Zu's Magic Dating App! [Discontinued]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Shi-Zu
IRC Nick: Sis
Deviantart: shizu-dark

Shi-Zu's Magic Dating App! [Discontinued]

#1 Post by Shi-Zu »

Hello! Are you tired of being alone?
Do you want to find your better half?
Your social awkwardness doesn't let you meet a proper partner going outside like normal people do?
Worry not my dear thus I, the great Shizu, have the solution for all your problems!
... well, not all, just the... lovely wobbly whiny ones
(With Shi-zu's IDC App. Huh? What does IDC means? Well... Obviously IDEAL DATING... companion... And I totally haven't just made that up. Just let me do the intro already!)
Anyways. With Shi-Zu's IDC Dating App your dreams MAY (or may not) come true, and you'll fin your dream parter. The only requirement is to be like, really desperate and don't care who, just want to date anyone.

Just read the terms and conditions, unlike you always do:
  • Be honest! No lying allowed, we don't want catfishes! IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE
  • No cheating! Commit to your partner and be together forever.
  • Be respetuous and nice to other members.
  • We don't take responsibility for yandere gf/bf's attacking you or anyone else.
  • People from other races, planets, species and dimmensions are welcomed, so don't judge a book by it's cover.
  • If you don't find your ideal partner, we'll refund your money! But we don't care about the psychological scars that being alone for the rest of your life will leave you.
  • Remember that I'm the admin and supreme ruler and can kick your butt outa my app whenever I want.
  • And last, but not least, have fun! ;)
But, seriously, don't lie, that's f***** up dude.
Hello guys! I came with an idea to some kind of dating sim, I got inspired by a lot of things actually: Mystic Messenguer, the song "Dare demo ii kara tsukiaitai", Doki Doki Literature Club, Dream Daddy... And the list can go on, haha.
Whatever, what I have in mind is a game about a dating app where everybody lies. Like people would create super gorgeous avatars for you to date but when the second part of the game comes and you get to meet them, you discover they're NOTHING like their avatars. Also Shi-Zu (that's no one else but me, actually) will guide you in the game and be some kind of tutorial, friend, or something like that. At the beginning of the game, you can customize your app's avatar and nickname.
What I want to introduce in the game:
  • Customizable MC (male or female)
  • Multiple posible partners based on your gender and responses
  • Various endings per character. At least a good and a bad ending for every character depending if you want to date them after discovering their true self or if you dump them.
  • 2 secret/special endings
  • A phone like feature where you can see your love interests
  • A phone message like feature
  • To date a character, you must defeat them in a mini game first
Characters:
I plan to make a lot of characters for you to choose, some of them that I have in mind are a gorgeous bad-ass guy, an "actual goddes", a guy from space, a loli, a typical big busted anime girl, a time traveler and some other more. But remember that they are not what it looks like! Only 3 characters will turn out to be like their avatars (that is not necessarily good tho). I just don't want to give a lot of info about it because that'll be spoiler an I want it to be a surprise if the game comes out.
Also we have the "Cupid" of the game Shi-Zu, she will talk with you from time to time, will ask you about your experience, will ask for feedback of her app and can even force a game over banning you from the app!
What I expect from the game
Well, the thing is that I'm like, awfull at programming, I'll watch all the tutorials of the world because I wan't to do it alone, but I know I won't be able to, so I'll probably will need help, hehe. So if anyone would want to help me with anything, that would be very nice. Also I'm not a main english speaker, so proof-readers would be appreciated.
I may introduce voice acting, but very light only some expressions for every character, things like grunts, gasps, maybe a catchphrase and that.
The game is intended to be free, playable on pc, I don't think I'll make it for android/iOS.

So, what do you think? Sounds interesting? Would you play it? Please let me know if you're interested in me making this idea a real thing.
Last edited by Shi-Zu on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verdelite
Projects: Embers' Pyre, Adventurer's Guild
Deviantart: FadeLalique

Re: Shi-Zu's Magic Dating App! [Comedy/Otome?]

#2 Post by Verdelite »

This sounds really interesting. Sign me up!

Shi-Zu
IRC Nick: Sis
Deviantart: shizu-dark

#3 Post by Shi-Zu »

Verdelite wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:48 am This sounds really interesting. Sign me up!
I'm glad you're interested! I didn't kwnow if it would be an appealing idea or just boring haha.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

This sounds super cool! The gif at the top of the post is super cool, it really hooked me into the idea. ^_^ Good luck!

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

#5 Post by sonnenblumen »

Sounds like a super interesting idea, I'd love to see you make something out of it! The art style's very cute as well!

Just a quick tip, by the way: Otome generally refers to female-oriented games with a female protagonist, usually romancing males (but sometimes also girls). Since your game lets the player be either male or female, it might be better to use a more general term that applies to both? If it's clearer that other pairings are also available, then you can avoid alienating any audiences that might misunderstand that it's only restricted to GxB and maybe GxG relationships. ^^ Anyway, not sure if anyone's already brought that up, but figured I should mention it still!