Max Menu Choices

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
TheChatotMaestro
Regular
Deviantart: LedianWithACamera

Max Menu Choices

#1 Post by TheChatotMaestro »

I know in theory they are unlimited.
But how many will fit on a screen?

I'm going to have a chapter select screen for a project I'm working on, and currently that's just being done by menu choices. (Yes, I know there's a better way. No, I'm not good enough to make that work yet.) What is the max number of menu choices I can set before they start to really overcrowd the screen?

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Max Menu Choices

#2 Post by gas »

That's GREATLY depend on your graphics, custo ization and screen size... a vertical tablet game host more than horizntal one.
Anyway, by using the standard GUI, 1280*720, I've noticed the screen look very crowded at 5 choices, and have 6 choices mess any eventual narrator line.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN