I cant get my game to work :(

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
night_chan
Projects: ink co.
Tumblr: kisses-and-wine
Soundcloud: night_chan

I cant get my game to work :(

#1 Post by night_chan »

I am writing my script in jedit and i keep getting an identation error. Here is the script:

define B = Character("Bartender")
image bg pub = "images/bar.jpg"

label start:
scene bg pub
play music "night_in_cologne"
"You come to your senses, sleeping on a wooden counter in a dimly lit room."
"The stool you were sitting on creaks as you sit up, leaving your sweatshirt,which you used as a pillow on the dirty surface"
"The bartender with shiny blonde hair, which changes colors under the red lights of unorthodox flames of candles around you, smiles at you."
"It smells like lousy alcohol."
B "Good morning!"
"He doesn't seem fazed at your messed-up, sleepy face, and keeps mixing his drinks as he walks towards you over the counter."
B "What do they call you where you come from?"
menu:
"I don't remember...":
jump amnesia
"It's none of your business.":
jump secretive

label secretive:
B "huh...'"
"He grins but is still concentrated at the job on his hands"
B "I figured you were a foreigner from the way you look, but didn't figure you would be so secretive! Thaught I could learn some stories or something from you. Things aren't very exciting around here... You see."
return
label amnesia:
"He finally finishes his drink and pours the bubbly liquid in a crystal glass he just brought up from who knows where with his obviously long - choreographed moves."
B "Here you go. One special blue phoenix for our special guest!"
"He binds his arms and lays his back to the drinks cupboard. Standing proud in front of his creation."
"You start shivering in your tshirt, wondering why it is this cold in summer, and indoors at that."
"Peeking through one of his eyes, he sees you helplessly flopping on your chair. Curious, he mumbles:"
B "Hey, maybe you should put that ugly piece of cloth there on."
B "I don't understand how you would be this cold at this weather though..."
return

pleasee help :(

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: I cant get my game to work :(

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

night_chan wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:49 am I am writing my script in jedit and i keep getting an identation error. Here is the script:

Code: Select all

define B = Character("Bartender")
    image bg pub = "images/bar.jpg"

label start:
    scene bg pub 
    play music "night_in_cologne"
    "You come to your senses, sleeping on a wooden counter in a dimly lit room."
    "The stool you were sitting on creaks as you sit up, leaving your sweatshirt,which you used as a pillow on the dirty surface"
    "The bartender with shiny blonde hair, which changes colors under the red lights of unorthodox flames of candles around you, smiles at you."
    "It smells like lousy alcohol."
    B "Good morning!"
    "He doesn't seem fazed at your messed-up, sleepy face, and keeps mixing his drinks as he walks towards you over the counter."
    B "What do they call you where you come from?"
    menu:
          "I don't remember...":
                jump amnesia 
          "It's none of your business.":
               jump secretive

label secretive:
    B "huh...'" 
    "He grins but is still concentrated at the job on his hands"
    B "I figured you were a foreigner from the way you look, but didn't figure you would be so secretive! Thaught I could learn some stories or something from you. Things aren't very exciting around here... You see."
    return
label amnesia:
    "He finally finishes his drink and pours the bubbly liquid in a crystal glass he just brought up from who knows where with his obviously long - choreographed moves."
    B "Here you go. One special blue phoenix for our special guest!"
    "He binds his arms and lays his back to the drinks cupboard. Standing proud in front of his creation."
    "You start shivering in your tshirt, wondering why it is this cold in summer, and indoors at that."
    "Peeking through one of his eyes, he sees you helplessly flopping on your chair. Curious, he mumbles:"
    B "Hey, maybe you should put that ugly piece of cloth there on."
    B "I don't understand how you would be this cold at this weather though..."
    return
pleasee help :(
OK. In the quote above I've inserted code-tags so we actually can see the indentation.

Line 2 " image bg pub......" is indented. It should not be. The rest looks correct.

night_chan
Projects: ink co.
Tumblr: kisses-and-wine
Soundcloud: night_chan

Re: I cant get my game to work :(

#3 Post by night_chan »

OK. In the quote above I've inserted code-tags so we actually can see the indentation.

Line 2 " image bg pub......" is indented. It should not be. The rest looks correct.
Thank you so much!! You made my day better:)