Royal Alchemist [Player x B][Fantasy Court Stats Raising] Full Game RELEASED!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Demetis
Regular

Re: Royal Alchemist [GxB][BxB][Fantasy Court Stats Raising]

#16 Post by Demetis »

With all UI screens coded comes a new update! Now more information to the gameplay.

The weekly planner

At the beginning of each week, the player is able to choose which action to perform for said week. The main actions include:

Schedule Classes

Raise court etiquette stats for MC while raising magic stats for the bachelors.

Perform Alchemy

Create magical items needed for quests. Requires the right magic stats from the bachelors and coins.

Missions

Fulfill quests to advance the country to increase coins income. (Quest outcomes will also influence events in the later part of the game and the endings.)

Now with the UI completed, I can go back to screen editing again and implement a few WIP CGs >w< Previews coming soon!

puubutt

#17 Post by puubutt »

Im surprised I havent seen this around! im so late uvu

1. Any first impression? Story, art, game type etc.?
honestly the art is sooo pretty ; ; it's what drew me into the game

2. How do the bachelors seem to you? Anyone you are interested in? Anyone you think is boring?
Serin and Sala seem really interesting! I can't wait to find out more about them. I think it's a little early to tell who needs more work,
personally I think everyone sounds really interesting at the moment.

3. Due to the game type, there won't be a story-only mode! Of course, a difficulty setting will be implemented on the full release. Would that be a turn off for you?
Not at all, I love different takes on games ^^ It just gives me more to do.

4. Any other comments / questions? Let me know >w<b
Im sorry if I missed this but how long do you plan to make the game? Like 1-2 hours of gameplay? or longer?

looking foreward to the demo! :^)

Macros

#18 Post by Macros »

I have to say, this seems like a really good project. Pretty eager for a demo!

Art is top-notch, it definitely got my attention. I really like games with a stat-raising aspect, so that's another plus as far as I'm concerned, and the general story seems to have potential. "Magic school with political intrigues in the background" seems like a good way to get into many shenanigans.

2. How do the bachelors seem to you? Anyone you are interested in? Anyone you think is boring?
Hmm, too soon to tell. Ultimately, the MC is the character I'm the most interested in - that's the part that often makes or breaks a story for me.

3. Due to the game type, there won't be a story-only mode! Of course, a difficulty setting will be implemented on the full release. Would that be a turn off for you?
Go for it!

My natural bias toward magic knights make me hope there'll be a blade or fencing skill, but I understand if that wouldn't mesh well with what you already have in mind.

While editing everything, I am wondering if people prefer getting notifications if they have failed a Stats Check?
Personally, I do like knowing when I failed (or even passed) a stat check. It triggers the perfectionist bone in me. :D
"So many things to do, so little time."

Demetis
Regular

#19 Post by Demetis »

@ puubutt: Thank you so much for the feedback! >w< As for the playtime, the demo will contain ~2 hours of playtime in total (depends on your reading speed I guess xD) As for the fullgame, we're aiming for ~10 hours per route. Though all routes share many common scenes.
Honestly at first we planned less, but as we went we decided that it was needed to increase a little to be able to flesh out the world and not make it too rushed >w<"

@ Macros: Thank you! I'm very glad you are interested and hope the demo will be ready soon! (No pressure on myself 8'D //slapped)
Magic Knights, ah...that brings back memories x'D Although you guessed right, the concept of it is different than what we have in mind and sadly won't be able to mesh well...
The idea of also notify the players even if they passed a check is very interesting! o.o I haven't thought about it myself but I think as a player it would be cool for me as well! So thanks :D

aikalockheart

#20 Post by aikalockheart »

Heya! I emailed you :D
Actress | Singer | Artist

Latest Demo Reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZErHI9BPQg

Contact Information
Twitter: @aikalockheartvo
Email: aikalockheartva@gmail.com

LiveTurkey
Regular

#21 Post by LiveTurkey »

Can I ask how you plan to release this game? Steam? Patreon? Other?

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#22 Post by noeinan »

I really like this type of game! I'm very happy you can choose the gender of the protagonist, as I love otome games *except* that I'm always forced to play as a woman. I'm also very into the political intrigue aspect.

They all seem interesting by their descriptions! I like Aurelius's visual design the most, especially the eyes. His face seems more expressive/unique than the other two. I'd be interested to see the other two with different facial expressions as well!

I never play story only mode if there is gameplay. I vastly prefer when gameplay has an effect on story branches. The only time I'd use story mode is if the gameplay mechanics were atrocious.

Not for now! Just wanted to comment since this looks really good and I want to keep track of the progress!

Demetis
Regular

#23 Post by Demetis »

@ aikalockheart: I don't seem to have received any mails o.o

@ LiveTurkey: This project will be released on Steam and itch.io. Currently it's running on private fundings, but to lessen the burdens and to speed up the project, crowdfunding is planned. Whether it will be through KickStarter or Patreon will be evaluated at a later point.

@ noeinan: Thank you so much for your feedback! >w< I'm very glad the idea of different gender for the protagonist is well received :D I do share your opinion since while I love Otomes to bits, I always pick to play a male character if I am able to xD

_______

Work has been quite busy but the screen editing is coming along! (As it's kind of the last task that needs to be finished before the demo can be released.) I have high respect for good screen editors as inserting the right sounds and animations at the appropiate time is quite hard >w<! But it's slowly getting there!

Now a sneakpeek at the placeholder CGs! They will be colored for the full version, rest assured xD But for the demo all CGs will be kept in this style because time restraint >w<! I actually like this style a lot and at some point really considered keeping it to keep the costs lower and increase the amount of CGs instead xD //slapped

Back to screen editing, go >w<\

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#24 Post by Zelan »

I actually really like that CG style too... I don't know if the same would be true of a wider audience, but I would be totally okay with more CGs in this style.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#25 Post by Anna »

Cool idea~ I'm kind of happy you're colouring in the CGs though! The style is fun but it blends a lot with your GUI :o!

Demetis
Regular

#26 Post by Demetis »

Zelan wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:31 pm I actually really like that CG style too... I don't know if the same would be true of a wider audience, but I would be totally okay with more CGs in this style.
Anna wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:12 pm Cool idea~ I'm kind of happy you're colouring in the CGs though! The style is fun but it blends a lot with your GUI :o!
Thank you!
Yes, the style is kind of cool and I'm glad it's well received >w<! But yeah, I decided to color them in the end since it blends in a lot with the GUI and has some kind of "flashback" feeling.

Demetis
Regular

#27 Post by Demetis »

Since our project is getting closer to demo release, we’ve set our itch.io page live! >w<

I’m currently in the end stage of screen editing! If everything keeps going as planned, the demo will be released at the end of August / beginning of September.
During the next weeks, we’ll be setting up our Steam page as well, and preparing for our crowdfunding campaign. More information about it soon!

Demetis
Regular

#28 Post by Demetis »

Writing: 100%
Quests: 100%
Sprites: 100%
CGs: 80%
Programming: 90%
Screen Editing: 80%
Audio: 90%
We have made a lot of progress with the screen editing! Only a few scenes of the in-game last week is still in need of more changes. I expect this to be done within this week.

Our sketch artist will be delivering two more sketch CGs, afterwards our whole CG pack for the demo will be completed as well.
If everything goes well, we expect the demo to be playable within the next week. We’ll give it a few rounds of testing first before releasing it to the public. Meanwhile, more promotional graphics for our Kickstarter will be created. We should meet our end of August / early September deadline very well >w<b

Also, another small sneakpeek of the gender selection (that basically decides if this will be played as Otome or BL game xD)
Alexis' name will be customizable as well!

That’s it for this update! Stay tuned and follow the project on itch.io for the upcoming demo! :D

Mikomi
Veteran

#29 Post by Mikomi »

Ah, I just love the art and aesthetic of this! It all looks really nice and interesting, I can't wait for more ♥

Demetis
Regular

#30 Post by Demetis »

@Mikomi: Thank you so very much! :D

Our last batch of CGs for the demo has rolled in, and they’re gorgeous <3
The mini sneakpeak is one of the CGs with 2 versions! Male or female, depending on if you play this as Otome or BL game >w<

Progress update for our demo!

Writing: 100%
Quests: 100%
Sprites: 100%
CGs: 100%
Programming: 100%
Screen Editing: 100%
Audio: 100%
Testing: ???

In short: the demo has been completed! -crying tears of joy-

We’re currently having a few people give it a few playthroughs to make sure we haven’t forgotten to screen edit any scenes! And that there aren’t some more human errors that need fixing xD

So without further ado, we’ve settled for a release date!

Add us on itch.io! Our demo will go live on the 30th August at 4:00PM GMT-4!

Our Kickstarter campaign will go live roughly one or two weeks after! We’ll make an announcement about that soon.