Name and Dialouge Spacing

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Jadenday
Projects: Yandere wa do yu imi deka?!

Name and Dialouge Spacing

#1 Post by Jadenday »

I wanted to put more space between the in-game dialogue text and the name text. How do I do that? I tried using style.nvl_vbox.box_spacing = 500 but it doesn't work. I seem to find this answer anywhere.

Per K Grok
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: the Ghost Pilot, Sea of Lost Ships, Bubbles and the Pterodactyls, Defenders of Adacan Part 1-3, the Phantom Flyer
itch: per-k-grok

Re: Name and Dialouge Spacing

#2 Post by Per K Grok »

Jadenday wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:51 pm I wanted to put more space between the in-game dialogue text and the name text. How do I do that? I tried using style.nvl_vbox.box_spacing = 500 but it doesn't work. I seem to find this answer anywhere.

In gui.rpy under 'Dialogue' you have different variables for the "say window".

You have gui.name_xpos and gui.name_ypos to position the name text in the textbox, and
gui.dialogue_xpos and gui.dialogue_ypos to do the same for the dialogue text.

That should make it possible for you to position the name and dialogue in relation to each other as you want.