Game Ending

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
night_chan
Projects: ink co.
Tumblr: kisses-and-wine
Soundcloud: night_chan

Game Ending

#1 Post by night_chan »

Hello guys! I'm trying to end one of the branches in my game with a pop up like "Ending 3" I looked up at renpy documentation but i can't seem to get it to work.
https://pasteboard.co/Hu9hYfx.png
edit: I added the return but still it gives mean indentation error at line 206. Help pls!! :cry:

DannX
Regular

Re: Game Ending

#2 Post by DannX »

Indentation error means that the statement in line 206 is not properly aligned with the rest, this is a Python and Ren'Py convention and it is very important to follow it. It's hard to see in the small image (and my poor vision may be deceiving me), but I think you have to move the last dialogue line just one space.

Code: Select all

#This statement is not indented
label start:

"This text is indented four spaces."

"This text is also indented."

return

I recommend you look in your script editor (jEdit?) to see if it has an option to show indentation lines, so it is easier for you to see where is the error when something like this happens.