Illuminate001: BARA/Yaoi/BxB Sprite Artist...also UI! [CONTACT UPDATE!]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
bobconway
Regular
Completed: Whale's Waldo, Xenopathy, YAGS, Earth Boys are Easy, Charles 2.0, YAGS Booty Call
Projects: http://bobcgames.com
Tumblr: bobcgames
itch: bobcgames

Re: Illuminate001: BARA/Yaoi/BxB Sprite Artist...also UI! [PRICE UPDATE!]

#16 Post by bobconway »

I just want to second everything PMscenarios said above.

Illuminate was a pleasure to work with, and somehow managed to maintain a consistent look and feel across all of the character sprites for the game while incorporating our thoughts and feedback into the designs. He also managed to churn out (quality!) at a breakneck pace, putting the rest of the team to shame in productivity. It's nice to have all of the art so quickly so it doesn't hold up any of the rest of the process.

It makes me wish I had another in-progress game so I could commission some sprites...

See my other games here or find me on Twitter

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#17 Post by illuminate001 »

@PM It has definitely been a great experience working with you and BobConway as one of my first team experiences crafting a VN. I enjoyed it alot and PM's direction was incredibly detailed but never overbearing, and feedback was always given respectfully which made it super easy to be efficient and to do good work.

@Bob Haha, yes it was quite fast, I devoted alot of time. I wanted to crank it out fast...both for my own personal reasons, but also because I was really enjoying the work and the vision behind Xenopathy. So it seems the posts by PM and Bob were both a promo to sell how great working with me is, but it's also turned into my attestation of how awesome it was working with them as well. And I'm ok with that. :)

ALSO, I've updated the main post with Character/Sprite Art I did for Xenopathy, as well as UI from Sexy Litter.
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#18 Post by illuminate001 »

Almost forgot!

@BobConway Well if you ever need any sprites or promotional work commissioned, you know where to find me. I'd be happy to. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

EliteKilljoy
Projects: Crystal Dawn
itch: EliteKilljoy

#19 Post by EliteKilljoy »

I worked with Illuminate for a skills trade: his GUI art in exchange for my proofreading when one of his scripts gets finished. He completed his work promptly and worked with me closely to make sure I truly got what I wanted for my game's UI. He took my suggestions, but I also gave him creative freedom to do what he thought would look good and I am so, so pleased with the product!!

It's been such an honor to work with him and I would love to cooperate with him again in the future! I definitely recommend his work for any project, as he has a huge range of skills and styles.

Thanks, Illuminate! Hope to work with you again in the future!

illuminate001
Veteran

#20 Post by illuminate001 »

EliteKilljoy wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:14 pm I worked with Illuminate for a skills trade: his GUI art in exchange for my proofreading when one of his scripts gets finished. He completed his work promptly and worked with me closely to make sure I truly got what I wanted for my game's UI. He took my suggestions, but I also gave him creative freedom to do what he thought would look good and I am so, so pleased with the product!!

It's been such an honor to work with him and I would love to cooperate with him again in the future! I definitely recommend his work for any project, as he has a huge range of skills and styles.

Thanks, Illuminate! Hope to work with you again in the future!
Thanks Elite! It was a pleasure working with you as well. Elite is working on a currently unannounced VN (but I'll let her talk about it in her own good time lol) and she reached out for some UI help.

I do infact have a script ready for you (I sent you an email) so let's discuss proofreading soon. Thanks!
ImageImage
ImageImage

TMS_1

#21 Post by TMS_1 »

I worked with Illuminate001 having him create 2 sprites for me and he did a fantastic job. He is a complete team player and worked very well with the other artists, even going so far as to reach out to the main artist and ensure that the cell shading for one of the sprites was similar to hers, so that we would have a consistent art style. I would definitely hire him again!
WAT Studios

illuminate001
Veteran

#22 Post by illuminate001 »

TMS_1 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:53 pm I worked with Illuminate001 having him create 2 sprites for me and he did a fantastic job. He is a complete team player and worked very well with the other artists, even going so far as to reach out to the main artist and ensure that the cell shading for one of the sprites was similar to hers, so that we would have a consistent art style. I would definitely hire him again!
Yes I had a great time working with you indeed! If you'd ever like any more commissions, I'd love to work with you again. (I did the Minotaur sprite for him)
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#23 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey all,

I've taken a few more commissions lately, as well as recently released BARA BOARDERS, which showcases my Nick-Toon style. Have a look! I'm open to commissions, so hope to work with you! Thanks!

PS. I've also updated the main post with some new commissioned artwork.

ImageImage
ImageImage

robcolton
Projects: Human Cargo
Tumblr: robcub32
itch: robcolton

#24 Post by robcolton »

I am working with Illuminate001 on sprites for my game Human Cargo. In addition to the player character, Yoshi, he completed all the side character sprites.

He was easy to work with, and created quality work at a very fast pace. He was also able to match the style of the game’s other character artist, so they all look like they come from the same universe.

I will definitely continue working with him and wholeheartedly recommend him!

illuminate001
Veteran

#25 Post by illuminate001 »

Awww thanks Rob! Rob is a really cool dude. So much so that I even broke my cardinal rule of NO CG’s! Heh. (My reasoning was also Bara Jam related)

Anyways, if you’re curious to see those CG’s, you should check out “Human Cargo” by Rob Colton. 😊

Anyways thanks for reading and see you all in the new year!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#26 Post by Scribbles »

illuminate did the sprites for In Blood and they are amazing he is super talented 10/10 would recommend and I can't believe I didn't mention this sooner!
Image - Image -Image

illuminate001
Veteran

#27 Post by illuminate001 »

Scribbles wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:19 pm illuminate did the sprites for In Blood and they are amazing he is super talented 10/10 would recommend and I can't believe I didn't mention this sooner!
Aww Hey Scribbs! Thanks for the props! It was alot of fun and totally worth it. I got to work on my painting skills and "levelup" even more. :P
If you need a mermaid like character (see folks, I can draw females...check out InBlood btw! Scribbs new game and IP!) just email me.

Best!
ImageImage
ImageImage

illuminate001
Veteran

#28 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey Everyone! (Friends and Followers) :)

I've finally decided to break my longstanding avoidance of Twitter! lol: https://twitter.com/SoulsoftEA

So come join and follow me there, and so I can follow you as well! I'll still update via Itch.io but going forward my Twitter will be the place to the get the latest on our upcoming secret game! (Yes! Something has been in development for awhile!)

There's no posts...yet, and going forward, here's what to expect:
  • I'm seriously really bad at social media-ing, so please dont be upset if I don't/can't reply to a DM or comment right away.
  • Right now, I'm not likely to take commissions (even though I have slots), but if it interests me enough...i might consider it. So DM away! =)
  • Expect at least 1-2 posts a week once I get ramped up. What kind of content do you want to see?
  • My Twitter is not marked as Adult (for now)
  • I'm looking to connect with other Bara Illustrators and Artists! <3

Thank you to all our followers, I'm truly humbled and thankful.

-Jay of Soulsoft Electronic Arts
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#29 Post by Scribbles »

illuminate001 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:00 pm Hey Everyone! (Friends and Followers) :)

I've finally decided to break my longstanding avoidance of Twitter! lol: https://twitter.com/SoulsoftEA

So come join and follow me there, and so I can follow you as well! I'll still update via Itch.io but going forward my Twitter will be the place to the get the latest on our upcoming secret game! (Yes! Something has been in development for awhile!)

There's no posts...yet, and going forward, here's what to expect:
  • I'm seriously really bad at social media-ing, so please dont be upset if I don't/can't reply to a DM or comment right away.
  • Right now, I'm not likely to take commissions (even though I have slots), but if it interests me enough...i might consider it. So DM away! =)
  • Expect at least 1-2 posts a week once I get ramped up. What kind of content do you want to see?
  • My Twitter is not marked as Adult (for now)
  • I'm looking to connect with other Bara Illustrators and Artists! <3

Thank you to all our followers, I'm truly humbled and thankful.

-Jay of Soulsoft Electronic Arts
yay!
Image - Image -Image

fantasygym
itch: gymbeasts
Discord: VHSTom#7276

Re: Illuminate001: BARA/Yaoi/BxB Sprite Artist...also UI! [CONTACT UPDATE!]

#30 Post by fantasygym »

I wrote you an email yesterday. :)
Welcome to your new gay gym! Train hard, flirt hard . . . slay monsters hard?! Try out my new visual novel GymBeast for free!