Paralyze (Otome)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
alberte
Veteran
Tumblr: klaruga
Deviantart: Klaruga

Paralyze (Otome)

#1 Post by alberte »

Nekotome Studios soon to present: Paralyze an Otome.

Kanami Kayama is your 16-year old consistent honour student, living life normally in Sakurai Gakuen, a school only for girls. What happens when she gets invited to attend Axcel High, a prestigious all-boys school, as the first ever female student representative in the academy? One thing is for sure—her life is going to change, big time.
She initially comes across four boys, and later a mysterious boy comes into the picture, making her journey more colourful than ever. While fulfilling her mission in school, what happens when Kanami falls in love? Will she be in her first relationship or will she experience her first heartbreak?—Juggling between academics and everyday life, you will decide the outcome of her story.

Kanami Kayama

Age 16
Kanami is known to be quite confident, she's trusting to almost everybody.She's cheerful and not afraid to speak her mind, Kanami has trouble being honest to her feelings.
She's interested in kendo, astrology, shopping and is always on her cellphone.

Akira Toru (First male to pursue)

Age 17
Even though he may seem serious and pessimistic at times—Akira tends to slip up and show his softer side.He can be insensitive yet only because of the wall he had built to prevent more people from breaking through his facade.
He's interested in reading and researching. He likes music and one of his dreams is to play in a professional band.

Daisuke Tachibana (Second male to pursue)

Age 17
Daisuke is an easy-going person, he's always optimistic and isn't awkward at all.He's flirtatious and determined. Daisuke is often considerate and punctual until things don't go his way.
His hobbies include singing and dancing which he has a strong passion for.

Ryu Kanazaki (Third male to pursue)

Age 16
Ryu is often moods and on the surface seems like he only cares for himself.He thinks no one truly cares for him and that school is generally pointless. He is angry and agitated most of the time when he's not paying attention. He gets defensive easily, highly irresponsible and blames anybody but himself for his misfortune.He seems to think he's not good enough for many things.
HObby: Listening to music, basketball .

Kizuna AKiyama (Fourth male to pursue)
Age 16
Kizuna is a lazy student but nevertheless he is friendly and is not awkward at all. He is a genuinely nice person and enthusiastic by nature. At times he can be impulsive but that's because he feels the need to prove himself. When he likes someone he wants to spend all his time with them, even if it might seem a little too affecitonate.
Kizuna is a basketball player and a member of the Axcel Basketball Varsity Team. IN his spare time he likes to devote all his time to getting a girlfriend.

Mystery guy: ???? (Fifth male to pursue)

Yumi Minamoto (Best friend)
Age 16
Yumi is an amazing friend to have as she shows great concern for the people she cares about. She's upbeat and carefree. Yumi tends to worry too much, often for no reason at all. She's a loyal and honest person. She has a habit of spreading rumours.

She has an interest for mobile dating/simulation games and kendo.

The whole game has 4 romanceable characters (all male)+1 mystery character. With four routes in total, there are 8 endings [romance and friendship]. Choices made along the story will heavily influence the ending of Kanami's journey. It also has to do with Kanami not being able to fulfill her mission.
However there is a mystery romanceable character (male) who's route you have to unlock.

Overall Progress
Prologue: 90%
Routes/Script: 5%
Spriting: 0%
BGs: 0%
CGs: 0%
Music: 0%
Programming & GUI: 3%

After consideration I have decided to stop being under hiatus to report what going forward, this project will be like.
My writer has gotten busy with more important project and so I'm fully taking on the role of main writer.
This game is going to be free and hopefully I will get this on mobile when it's finished, so please look forward to it and its development!
Expected release is unknown as of right now.
Prologue complete aside from adding choice interaction.
Currently working on Akira's route.

Writer:| klaruga (me)
Co-writer: |crystalscm
Artist:|yomii161
BG art:| ???
Music:| ????
Programming and GUI:|???

Questions:
-Which character are you most interested in and why?
-What are your expectations?
-How can we improve our work? Do you have suggestions?
-What are you most looking forward to about the game?
-Lastly, do you have any messages?
Last edited by alberte on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Enchant00
Regular

Re: A Place For You And Me (Otome)

#2 Post by Enchant00 »

I like the premise :lol: I'm so used to the "guy going to an all girl school turned co-ed" but this is reverse and to me it really peeking my interest. You have been in development for a month now and I hope you guys don't lost fate and continue to work and push for a release with your novel. Once the game is playable I'll give it a try :D
Which character are you most interested in and why:
For some reason I'm leaning to Yuka :wink: She's quite cute and I like her artsyle but the best part about her is most probably her hobbies. If i met a person like that in real life I'll get along with her quite well XD

alberte
Veteran

Re: A Place For You And Me (Otome)

#3 Post by alberte »

Enchant00 wrote:I like the premise :lol: I'm so used to the "guy going to an all girl school turned co-ed" but this is reverse and to me it really peeking my interest. You have been in development for a month now and I hope you guys don't lost fate and continue to work and push for a release with your novel. Once the game is playable I'll give it a try :D
Which character are you most interested in and why:
For some reason I'm leaning to Yuka :wink: She's quite cute and I like her artsyle but the best part about her is most probably her hobbies. If i met a person like that in real life I'll get along with her quite well XD

:)
We'll give it our best.
Haha I like Yuka too she's quite the character.

alberte
Veteran

Re: Paralyze (Otome)

#4 Post by alberte »

Reserved.
Last edited by alberte on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

alberte
Veteran

#5 Post by alberte »

Reserved
Last edited by alberte on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

alberte
Veteran

#6 Post by alberte »

Reserved
Last edited by alberte on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

alberte
Veteran

#7 Post by alberte »

Reserved