Ren'Py Jam

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

Ren'Py Jam

#1 Post by Empish »

Featuring Eileen in PyJamas, Ren'Py Jam is a new jam I'm going to be hosting in late September.

https://itch.io/jam/renpy-jam

The main restriction is, of course, that you have to use Ren'Py to make your game. You also can't submit something you've already released (though you can borrow code from something you've already released). Other than that, go nuts.

Tom and I will be selecting games that we like and think show off the engine's capability or flexibility well, and featuring them on renpy.org. Tom will have final say in all feature decisions, since it's kinda his website.

It's been long enough for Ren'Py to go without its own jam. The time is now. Or rather, the time is late September.

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

Re: Ren'Py Jam

#2 Post by illuminate001 »

RenPy is a great engine, and it definitely deserves it's own official jam. I personally, am not an excellent scripter so I wouldn't exactly say my games push the boundaries of what's achievable in RenPy, heh :P

However, as I play more and more VN's made in the engine, I am delighted often at how creators are leveraging it and in some cases am unsure how the heck they did it. Which is even better!

Hopefully those creators will join this jam.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#3 Post by Red-Baby »

Question!
I started making a game for Yuri Jam. Could I still enter this in Ren'Py Jam even though I started working on it early?

Empish
Veteran
Projects: Efemural Hearts, It Ends With Graduation
itch: empish

#4 Post by Empish »

Red-Baby wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:21 am Question!
I started making a game for Yuri Jam. Could I still enter this in Ren'Py Jam even though I started working on it early?
Answer! Absolutely you can. There are no restrictions on when you can start or what other jams you can submit your game to.