(CLOSED) Hiring Background Artist for Otome Game - Paid Position

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Roix

(CLOSED) Hiring Background Artist for Otome Game - Paid Position

#1 Post by Roix »

Hi all,

I am now lookng for a background artist. I have found my sprite and CG artist, thank you all for your interest.

I'm producing an Otome game (visual novel) and am currently looking for an artist who can be - and would like to be - a part of the production.

Who am I looking for?
To keep a consistent art style throughout the game, I’m looking for an artist who can:

1) create CG’s (fully coloured).

2) create character sprites with multiple expressions (fully coloured)

3) (advantageous but not necessary) create backgrounds (fully coloured)

Numbers 1 and 2 are crucial. I need someone who can do both as the characters must look the same in sprite form and in CG art work. If you are also able to do backgrounds, perfect. If not, no issue - someone else can be hired to do that.

If you are solely interested in doing background art, please contact me on the email address given at the end of this post.

What kind of themes will the artist work with?
Dramatic, sensual and grandiose.

The country the game is set in is very glamorous, as are the characters themselves. I will need the artwork to be reflective of this.

Romantic, Suggestive and Sensual Artwork - what is expected and to what extent? PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THIS.
There will be NO outright nudity and NOTHING crude. However, in the heightened romantic scenes, there will be a heavy emphasis on sensuality and suggestion.

So for example - we have the MC lying on the bed, her dress is hiked up which reveals much of her legs. The male character is planting a kiss on the inside of her ankle, or perhaps her calf while gently holding her leg. Appropriate expressions for each of them. Absolutely nothing crude will be showing, but the sensuality is crystal clear.

The artist must be comfortable with romantic and sensual themes. Also, must be comfortable with drawing shirtless male characters.

How will payments be made?
Through Paypal. The amount will be discussed with the respective artist(s).

I’m interested in this project, what should I do now?

Please send examples of your work to the following email:

zacroixs@gmail.com

Ideally, the work you send should best represent your art style and if there is anything that you feel is a unique feature of your art, then please do not hesitate to show me examples of it.

Future Projects
Depending on the response to this game, there may be epilogues and sequels. If so, ideally, I would like to work with the same artist. Let me know if that would be possible - though it’s not a deal breaker if not.

I look forward to hearing from you! Here’s to creating together.
Last edited by Roix on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

Re: Hiring Anime Artist(s) for Otome Game - Paid Position

#2 Post by csky »

Hi there, not applying to do sprites but I'm interested in background art. You can see my examples on my thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=50723
Could you provide some additional information regarding them? (I know this thread is looking for sprites but since you mentioned it would be nice to know)

Keyliom
Regular

#3 Post by Keyliom »

Mail sent

kingmasu

#4 Post by kingmasu »

I'm interested here's a
link to my portfolio.
www.wysp.ws/amnesia/
salwa.karim104@hotmail.com

MGO
Regular
Completed: The Girl of Glass, Heart of the Party, The Miller's Daughter
Projects: Recidivia, The Knight & The Maiden, Road to Yondolfa, My Girlfriend's Friends

#5 Post by MGO »

I just sent you an email ^^

Roix

Re: Hiring Artist(s) for Otome Game - Paid Position

#6 Post by Roix »

Thank you all for your interest. I have found a sprite and CG artist, I am now looking for a background artist and need around 17-20 backgrounds done.

nobutsuna
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame, 7KPP, Memories of Summer Winds, Requiescence

Re: Hiring Background Artist for Otome Game - Paid Position

#7 Post by nobutsuna »

interested working as BG artist, a PM has been sent
================================================================
Guten tag, folks!
dA: http://comatofe-babana.deviantart.com/
Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=6739327
Commission: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=23653
================================================================