Ren'PY Event by Clock Time

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
poporota

Ren'PY Event by Clock Time

#1 Post by poporota »

sry if this is a wrong place for this but...
i have a question: is possible to use event by clock time on renpy?

for example: i want to use the RenPY DSE to make a "life" game, but in all games dse based that i played, its possible just to do
day night afternoon evening

can i use/change events by clock time or virtual in-game clock time ("PC"/Android/iOS) instead by changing "moments of the day"?

for example:

if my pc is 11:00 pm clock time, the game will be evening with the exclusive events
OR
if in-game second-by-second (as minute) the scene/background and events change with the moment when the virtual in-game clock reach 11:00 pm

always changing by fading-in fading-out (example)

its possible?

sryformyenglish

thanks! :D

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Ren'PY Event by Clock Time

#3 Post by Showsni »

The bit about importing datetime to get the actual date/time is the bit that seems pertinent to your question. You can either import time or datetime, it seems; there's a discussion here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/415 ... -in-python about how to do it. Just put those in python blocks and it should work.