...dere game idea?

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
thirstyoctopus
Regular
Projects: Romance Visual Novel story
Organization: Thirsty Octopus

...dere game idea?

#1 Post by thirstyoctopus »

I've recently been researching the different types of "dere" personalities within Visual Novels and Simulators and was considering developing something that features a handful of different characters each with a different personality, based on this kind of thing. I'm not familiar with all of them but I have played Yandere sims and Tsundere.

So, basically I had the idea of having not only a bunch of different personalities but also different types of characters, such as robot girl, alien, zombie, kitty etc.

I was considering including the following types of personality:

Tsundere
Dandere
Bakadere
Deredere
Nyandere (for the kitty, obvs)

What does everyone think? Is this something that could work do you think? I'd be interested to hear people's opinions as this really is just an idea at this stage.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: ...dere game idea?

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

No Kuudere or Yandere route?
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

thirstyoctopus
Regular

#3 Post by thirstyoctopus »

I figured Yandere was captured perfectly already by Yandere Simulator, and Kuudere wasn't something I'd thought of...but, like I say I'm up for suggestions, so thank you ^^

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#4 Post by Mammon »

I'd say you're describing the current anime and VN market pretty well. Just go with the tropes, stereotypes and anything you can turn into a girl. Everyone else does, so it's working.

In terms of actually standing out, make sure that you have proper stories and characters and some art that draws the eye. Just adding tropes for the sake of tropes will only bring below mediocrity that no one will like. If you think that Bakadere (f.e.) should be in there but you have no inspiration for that, but you have a good plotline for a yandere despite YS already doing it well, then by all means scrap the former and add the latter. Don't let imaginary expectations steer you.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

thirstyoctopus
Regular

#5 Post by thirstyoctopus »

Mammon wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:14 pm I'd say you're describing the current anime and VN market pretty well. Just go with the tropes, stereotypes and anything you can turn into a girl. Everyone else does, so it's working.

In terms of actually standing out, make sure that you have proper stories and characters and some art that draws the eye. Just adding tropes for the sake of tropes will only bring below mediocrity that no one will like. If you think that Bakadere (f.e.) should be in there but you have no inspiration for that, but you have a good plotline for a yandere despite YS already doing it well, then by all means scrap the former and add the latter. Don't let imaginary expectations steer you.
Thanks for your reply. I do see what you mean about standing out - story is, for me, most important, so I will be working on that intently. I have an artist I use who's really good so hopefully she'll be able to work with me on this. And yeah, I guess it's best to go with something I know and have more experience with. I mean, I'd say most animes have at least one Tsundere character so portraying that should be easy but I guess making her unique enough to stand out from others is the real task.

chungy
Regular

#6 Post by chungy »

this seems really cool! heres some different types! https://goboiano.com/the-14-popular-der ... ery-anime/
https://gutrotz.itch.io/
Check out my itch.io!

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=52002&p=496592#p496592
Sprite commissions closed!