shelving ren'ai project for a bit

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Erik
Regular

#16 Post by Erik »

Ok. I understand. But I'm still impatient :twiested:

Good luck with the combat problems. :)

KOE
Regular

#17 Post by KOE »

OKay, so I actually read the post this time. I'm interested too! What's the expected time we can see a demo or something out?

Eiji
Regular

update...

#18 Post by Eiji »

so far we arent totally sure when we may have an alpha..

currently we are starting to hammer out a system of stats and the things they affect...

btw: if anyone quotes any of Lemma's rules... I got news for you... MOGs (Massively Online Games) do not have an "end" or "ultimate goal"..

just look at Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, the new Star Wars Galaxies, or Earth and Beyond.... none of these games have an end at all... MOGs, put simply, are a whole different breed of games... give me til this friday and I'll have the link to a website showing the "rules/laws" of online games...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#19 Post by Blue Lemma »

That's a good point! But figuring out the end in that case would mean figuring out the end of what you need to program, draw, compose, write, etc. to get the game out there - not the end of the story. 8)

It's cool to see different types of games be invented as time goes on. :D

Eiji
Regular

#20 Post by Eiji »

But figuring out the end in that case would mean figuring out the end of what you need to program, draw, compose, write, etc. to get the game out there - not the end of the story
actually if you look closely at MOGs... theres usually more content being added as time goes on...

Everquest is a case in point (even though Verant [now called SOE] never designed EQ to be expandable from the get-go... EQ2 however should not have the same problem).

We are also counting on adding expansions.. but since we are designing the client to do most of the graphics and such.. we can get away with keeping expansions in the form of small to moderately sized patches..

(one thing about MOGs you should know... the are never truly "finished")[/list]

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#21 Post by Blue Lemma »

I know they are always being expanded, but I meant there's a certain amount of work you have to do before you can release it, and that's what you have to get a handle on.

Eiji
Regular

#22 Post by Eiji »

I know they are always being expanded, but I meant there's a certain amount of work you have to do before you can release it, and that's what you have to get a handle on.
my friends and me know that all too well...
in fact, the last year has been spent doing "market research" (ie playing every MOG we can get our hands on...I myself played DAoC, Anarchy Online, Earth and Beyond [a rather nice one from Westwood.. the Command and Conquer ppl.. my ship had the GDI logo on it... heh], EVE:second genesis, and Neocron [the first MOG thats a skill-based FPS {or "First Person Shooter"})

it wasnt all just fun n games though....no...
we've been playing them with a critical eye.. and mostly to see what they did for certian things.. .and moreover.. what they did WRONG...(mostly so we dont fall into the same trap... a rather good idea I think)

so far we have a rather "open" model design to date.. but that is a big plus.. since as we refine the beta, we can pick a model that fits it best...

Eiji
Regular

Update...

#23 Post by Eiji »

ok guys.. I"ve been told that I can leak this bit of info about the Iron Thunder project (my mecha MOG [Massively Online Game]).

we've done over the Dev site so now you can read up a bit on the philosophy of the game design and you can get a peek at what to expect (be wary that this game is using a "revelutionary over Evolutionary" concept in its design.

so.. just head over to http://www.battlebazaar.com and click the "FAQs" for general info about Iron Thunder... and look in the articles section for the lowdown on what we intend to do...