[TCDA] SPRITE ARTIST Cartoon - Anime - Semireal/Disney style

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
thischickdoesart
Tumblr: thischickdoesart
Deviantart: This-Chick-Does-Art

[TCDA] SPRITE ARTIST Cartoon - Anime - Semireal/Disney style

#1 Post by thischickdoesart »

Hi, Everyone! I'm Shellie/thischickdoesart, but Shellie or TCDA is fine. So I've got the itch to do some sprites for a visual novel but don't have a game story for myself, yet. So, I'm here at Lemma on recommendation to find a good story in need of some awesome sprites! I'm still gleaning through the posts for ongoing and open projects but thought it would be a good idea to make a personal "I am an Artist" thread. This way I can share and update samples, and teammates can leave feedback for me on this thread, too.

I'm a character designer at heart (though I work in comics) and I'm able to draw ethnic and bodily diverse characters. I've been told my personal style is like a cross between anime and Disney, lol, that being said, one of my selling points is I am good at adapting to either spectrum of cartoon or realism.

I wold LOVE to just work on every project someone asks me to join but I have to be paid for my time. My friends joke that I would probably opt to be paid in food (I'm a foodie, yes. Typical Jughead Jones) but I don't think that would work well with customs. I've been using Paypal for years doing commissions but if anyone knows any reputable alternatives, do let me know.

So after looking through my art, if you like what you see and feel I would be a good addition to your team as a sprite artist (maybe even some CGs..I'm feeling ambitious), then contact me via email at thischickdoesart@gmail.com. In the subject line just let me know that you're from Lemma. :wink:

And without further ado, here's my work:
https://www.behance.net/thischickdoesart
http://thischickdoesart.tumblr.com/

These are the concepts so far for my bb sister's story/game. I worked on their costumes and overall look first, now I'm working on each character's reference pack. We opted to lean a little bit more toward cartoon/anime if you can see the differences in Joy from the initial sketch to the current. :3

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by thischickdoesart on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nell_
Organization: Novelism Studio
Tumblr: novelism-studio

Re: [OPEN] SPRITE ARTIST Cartoon - Anime - Semireal/Disney style

#2 Post by Nell_ »

Omg! Your art and style are Beautiful!!

About character design... Can you work by a description or do you need some visual references??

thischickdoesart

#3 Post by thischickdoesart »

There's no hug emoji here on the forums, so :hug: ~~~ Thank you for the kind words Nell_!

Yep, I can do both, either working from a description or visual references. Those characters are my sister's OC and she literally sent me a google folder with various images of real people as inspiration. LOL! It's not typical but it got the job done!

Nell_

#4 Post by Nell_ »

When I saw Nathan at your site My first thought was that he was pretty hot haha I don’t know if that was intentional but you did it!

This month I have some assets to pay, and I can’t afford anything else, but I need some characters and I really like your style so much. Maybe next month <3

Just one more thing... It is ok that price (the one on tumblr) for commercial and non-commercial projects?

Have a nice day and keep doing such amazing art <3

thischickdoesart

#5 Post by thischickdoesart »

Haha!@ your comment on Nathan. My work here is done! Yes, I had to make him "hot". I believe that was one of her requirements.

Awesome! Then I look forward to working with you in the near future. :)
Uh, can you give me the link where you were getting the commission info? That may be be old as the only commission info I have open currently is for Character Reference Sheets and those are non-commercial (not sure how you'd commercialize reference sheets...) : http://thischickdoesart.tumblr.com/post ... s-are-open

But if there's anything specific you want just let me know.

fisal1993

#6 Post by fisal1993 »

thischickdoesart wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:28 pm
Hi are you interested in game creating specially visual novels ?

Nell_

#7 Post by Nell_ »

Haha sorry, I thougth that price was something else.

I will write you an email asking for some prices, maybe we can work together on the future ^^

thischickdoesart

#8 Post by thischickdoesart »

fisal1993 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 pm
Hi! Well, I have work experience with creating sprites and assets (some UX/UI too) but I’m open to doing work for games in general if there’s opportunity for it.

thischickdoesart

#9 Post by thischickdoesart »

Nell_ wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:59 pm Haha sorry, I thougth that price was something else.

I will write you an email asking for some prices, maybe we can work together on the future ^^
No problem! I’ll keep an eye out for your email then. :)

fisal1993

#10 Post by fisal1993 »

thischickdoesart wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 pm
Hi! Well, I have work experience with creating sprites and assets (some UX/UI too) but I’m open to doing work for games in general if there’s opportunity for it.
I am an Game developer in team my specialty is Coding in following language (PHP - HTML - Javascript - Json & Ajax - Jquery - CSS - Actionscript is Flash - C# - Lua - and other language I am still learning c++ and unity for 3d games)

I saw your work and I thought if you are interested to be an Artist in our first visual novel of course we are going to make many VN games including online games but to set a ground we are working on Visual novel.

if you are interested you can contact me on my facebook https://www.facebook.com/fisalft or discord fisal#3091

have a nice day ^^

thischickdoesart

#11 Post by thischickdoesart »

fisal1993 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:37 am
thischickdoesart wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 pm

I am an Game developer in team my specialty is Coding in following language (PHP - HTML - Javascript - Json & Ajax - Jquery - CSS - Actionscript is Flash - C# - Lua - and other language I am still learning c++ and unity for 3d games)

I saw your work and I thought if you are interested to be an Artist in our first visual novel of course we are going to make many VN games including online games but to set a ground we are working on Visual novel.

if you are interested you can contact me on my facebook https://www.facebook.com/fisalft or discord fisal#3091

have a nice day ^^
Cool! I don't use Facebook but I'll see about setting up a discord. Is discord a good platform for communication among Lemma members???

Offworlder
Regular

#12 Post by Offworlder »

I sent you an email! :3
Also, Discord is definitely a good platform for communication. It seems to be the most common these days. I had to create an account to keep up with the times. xD

thischickdoesart

#13 Post by thischickdoesart »

Ok so I took stock of some of the freelancer rates here on Lemma Soft for sprite artists around my skill level. I'm also up for doing CG and UI but for now I think I'll just list for sprites.

• $95 Full Body (head to toe) + 2 additional expressions/poses
  • $75 Half Body (waist up) + 2 additional expressions/poses
  • $5-$15 per extra expression/pose (torso and head position will stay the same)
  • $50 per alternate costume + 2 to match existing base expressions/poses

Commercial-usage included + artist reserves right to be part of credits
Designing characters from scratch is not offered.
Existing concept art must be sent for the artist to work from.
Inquire via email if you wish to have character concept art created first.
2 revisions are allowed at the sketch stage and 1 at the color stage.

Payment is to be made in USD via PayPal upfront and in full for orders under $100.
Please note PayPal's transaction fee will be added to your order (0.30 USD + 2.9% of payment sent)

A short confirmation of assignment form will be emailed outlining the specifications listed here.
The confirmation of assignment must be signed by both parties and payment must be sent and confirmed before work starts.
Please remember to clearly send all the information necessary for creating your sprites.
Sketches will be emailed within 1 business day from the time of returning the confirmation of assignment and confirming payment sent.

If you have ANY question or concerns regarding the process or the work, don't hesitate to communicate via email or ask to set up a Discord meeting.
Contact information is listed below.

email: thischickdoesart@gmail.com (subject line: Lemma Soft Sprite Commissions)
Discord: thischickdoesart
PayPal Payment: paypal.me/tcdashellie

Thanks!

thischickdoesart

Re: [TCDA] SPRITE ARTIST Cartoon - Anime - Semireal/Disney style

#14 Post by thischickdoesart »

Hi guys! Here is so more of my artwork to show the range and diversity. Sometimes I like drawing cute, whimsical anime girls and sometimes I like drawing MEN, LOL!
*cough* I will eventually share some actual, new sprite work soon.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

godman85
Regular
Organization: Black Sands Entertainment

Re: [TCDA] SPRITE ARTIST Cartoon - Anime - Semireal/Disney style

#15 Post by godman85 »

sent an email